Speculation: 2019/20 NHL trade deadline thread (rumors, ideas, & deals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Well we need a top 4 Dman and I will get this thread cracking with this article:

The TDL is Feb 24, 2020.

Who from our top 6 or prospects would you give up to fill the void while Keith is out? Kulikov seems ideal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/NHL-rumor-Boston-Bruins-Dmitry-Kulikov-Florida-Panthers

One of the blueliners the Bruins have expressed interest in a potential trade for is Florida Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov, according to a hockey source. The discussions are believed to be more tire-kicking than in-depth trade discussions at this point. The Russian-born defenseman isn’t necessarily on the trade block either, but the belief is the Black and Gold have been very proactive about trying to solve their D-man dilemma.
The 25-year-old Kulikov is in the last year of his contract with a cap hit of $4.3 million, and will be a free agent following the 2016-17 season. The 6-foot-1, 204-pounder finished with a goal and 17 assists in 74 games with the Panthers last season while averaging 21:02 of ice time, and was utilized as a top-pairing D-man with Aaron Ekblad at points throughout last year.
Kulikov has averaged four goals and 20 points a season over his seven NHL seasons with the Panthers, and is unquestionably a top-4 NHL defenseman that would upgrade the Bruins blueline situation. The Florida D-man would also make an interesting Plan B if some of the other potential defense trade targets, like Kevin Shattenkirk, end up falling through as they did for Boston last season.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
No reason to trade anyone from our top 6 or any prospects. Don't have the cap room to go after a guy like kulikov.
Roll with the healthy dmen right now.
DeHann/Gus
Maatta/Murphy
Koekkoek/Seabrook

Then pray Keith recovers quickly.

Reactions: LDF

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
No reason to trade anyone from our top 6 or any prospects. Don't have the cap room to go after a guy like kulikov.
Roll with the healthy dmen right now.
DeHann/Gus
Maatta/Murphy
Koekkoek/Seabrook

Then pray Keith recovers quickly.

Does the CBA allow teams to go out and sign players for the remainder of the season to replace someone on long-term IR like Crow was? And they get a CAP exception? You have that in the NBA.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Does the CBA allow teams to go out and sign players for the remainder of the season to replace someone on long-term IR like Crow was? And they g
et a CAP exception? You have that in the NBA.

Sign and trade for guys yes. Happened when Kane broke his collarbone. The hawks were able to add vermette and timmonen with him being placed on LTIR.
But that was a season ending injury and the trades didn't happen till toward the trade deadline.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Keith has a groin injury, he's not dead. Murphy missed about a month with his, so looking at a guy to replace Duncs right now is moronic IMO. Let alone this team shouldn't be trading assets right now, we should play the youth more and see what happens.

Call up Boqvist, and go with the following for the next month:

Maatta Boqvist
DeHaan Murphy
Gustafsson Seabrook

Play that 3rd pairing in primarily offensive starts, let that 2nd pairing be your shutdown duo.

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Keith has a groin injury, he's not dead. Murphy missed about a month with his, so looking at a guy to replace Duncs right now is moronic IMO. Let alone this team shouldn't be trading assets right now, we should play the youth more and see what happens.

Call up Boqvist, and go with the following for the next month:

Maatta Boqvist
DeHaan Murphy
Gustafsson Seabrook

Play that 3rd pairing in primarily offensive starts, let that 2nd pairing be your shutdown duo.

That's fine, that was the only obvious example I could think of for this thread as it pertains to the Hawks. But hopefully all rumors, transactions, & speculation goes here.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Unless a trade is the single missing piece towards a Cup win then it would be an incredible misuse of assets to make any TDL moves.

The Blackhawks are not a Kulikov away (also LOL at Kulikov being a valuable deadline piece) from winning the Cup. They may not even be a Kulikov away from making the playoffs.

I said it in the off-season and I’ll say it again, the only expectations/hopes I have for the Blackhawks this year is to make the playoffs. That’s all I need to see. I think it’ll be really good for the players and JC to get that experience. This team is clearly not a Cup-caliber team so it would be pretty dumb to trade away picks and prospects that could potentially help us when we are actually ready to chase a Cup.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The hawks have three top-four Dmen in de Haan, Maatta, and Murphy. When Keith comes back, it’s back to four.

Gus is also at least passable.

Koekkoek can be a fine bottom-pair in the short term

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Well we need a top 4 Dman and I will get this thread cracking with this article:

The TDL is Feb 24, 2020.

Who from our top 6 or prospects would you give up to fill the void while Keith is out? Kulikov seems ideal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/NHL-rumor-Boston-Bruins-Dmitry-Kulikov-Florida-Panthers

One of the blueliners the Bruins have expressed interest in a potential trade for is Florida Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov, according to a hockey source. The discussions are believed to be more tire-kicking than in-depth trade discussions at this point. The Russian-born defenseman isn’t necessarily on the trade block either, but the belief is the Black and Gold have been very proactive about trying to solve their D-man dilemma.
The 25-year-old Kulikov is in the last year of his contract with a cap hit of $4.3 million, and will be a free agent following the 2016-17 season. The 6-foot-1, 204-pounder finished with a goal and 17 assists in 74 games with the Panthers last season while averaging 21:02 of ice time, and was utilized as a top-pairing D-man with Aaron Ekblad at points throughout last year.
Kulikov has averaged four goals and 20 points a season over his seven NHL seasons with the Panthers, and is unquestionably a top-4 NHL defenseman that would upgrade the Bruins blueline situation. The Florida D-man would also make an interesting Plan B if some of the other potential defense trade targets, like Kevin Shattenkirk, end up falling through as they did for Boston last season.
Why would anyone want the Hawks to mortgage the future in order to get a slightly better chance at making the playoffs?

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

The TDL is Feb 24, 2020.

One of the blueliners the Bruins have expressed interest in a potential trade for is Florida Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov, according to a hockey source. .
Kulikov is playing with Winnipeg which is a team desperate for dmen.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Kulikov is playing with Winnipeg which is a team desperate for dmen.
the Sens are looking for at least 2 lhd and maybe a rhd wouldn't hurt.

the Sens are also looking for a top 6 winger as well and maybe a young cost control bottom 6 winger as well.

don't get me wrong the Jets idea of trading with them is indeed enticing.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Kane, Debrincat, Dach, Boqvist.

These are the only players who are not being traded. Seriously Stan, start loading up for the next two drafts. A retool should no longer be an option.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
LOL @ people wanting a trade to bring in players this year! We should be selling off everything we can for as much as we can starting now. This team is not winning anything, and just making the playoffs should not be the goal. Trade Gus, trade Maatta (if you can), trade Caggiula when healthy, maybe even trade Lehner if you get a really good return and he isn't showing much interest in resigning, why would he?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
LOL @ people wanting a trade to bring in players this year! We should be selling off everything we can for as much as we can starting now. This team is not winning anything, and just making the playoffs should not be the goal. Trade Gus, trade Maatta (if you can), trade Caggiula when healthy, maybe even trade Lehner if you get a really good return and he isn't showing much interest in resigning, why would he?

Good players never sign with bad teams... :sarcasm:

The team is projected in the right direction. Just because they're bad right now, doesn't mean they won't take huge steps over the next season or two.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The Hawks are one of the worst teams in the league. They should be sellers not buyers. See if you can trick someone into taking one of our many terrible defesemen. Shit, maybe you can get a really nice piece for half a season of Lehner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad