Speculation: 2019/20 NHL trade deadline thread (rumors, ideas, & deals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Funny enough Poulin plays a bit like a young Saad. I'd do it.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Pittsburgh gets the sure thing for a great cap hit for this season and next, while the Hawks would get a prospect who's a similar type of player as Saad who'll be cost controlled and under control for years (which we should hopefully be good again at that point).

Reactions: Kevin Musto and LDF

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So basically the deal I proposed. Galchenyuk, Poulin, and a 3rd for Saad with 50% retention. You then flip Galchenyuk for a 2nd or 3rd.
That's a deal for me.

Our teams are going in different directions so I think it works for both sides.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
So basically the deal I proposed. Galchenyuk, Poulin, and a 3rd for Saad with 50% retention. You then flip Galchenyuk for a 2nd or 3rd.
no offense but i still want that 2nd instead of the 3rd esp if we are eating some salary.

Reactions: OTC

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I can't figure out why so many folks seem to want to trade Saad away when he's probably been our best 2-way player. And this on a team where they are hard to find.
for me, while you are right about his success this yr, i may be a very attractive player for another team to give up assets and draft picks.

think about it, you can do a 1 for 1 trade or pkg him with a hard to move contract plus players..... who knows what else.

this is my take.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
for me, while you are right about his success this yr, i may be a very attractive player for another team to give up assets and draft picks.

think about it, you can do a 1 for 1 trade or pkg him with a hard to move contract plus players..... who knows what else.

this is my take.

Of course, he would be attractive to other teams. He is fast, hard on the puck, can PK and usually shows up. It is players like Saad that a team needs in playoff hockey... but if Hawks trade him it had better not be for another inconsistent softie. We're already loaded.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Of course, he would be attractive to other teams. He is fast, hard on the puck, can PK and usually shows up. It is players like Saad that a team needs in playoff hockey... but if Hawks trade him it had better not be for another inconsistent softie. We're already loaded.
so true.....

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If they decide to trade saad they can get a much better offer then this.
heck yeah. play hard ball and have team compete with each other. pretty much as i suspect that jersey did with hall.

i would still go western canada and or the Sens.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I can't figure out why so many folks seem to want to trade Saad away when he's probably been our best 2-way player. And this on a team where they are hard to find.
He's a UFA in Summer of 2021, which leaves us this season and next to either make good use out of him or trade him. This season seems like a waste of a year, so unless this team miraculously gets back into a playoff spot come the trade deadline, we need to at least see what we can get for him.

It's not like it's a good idea to re-sign him before he becomes a UFA. It'll be his last big contract and while I love the guy, strong two-way wingers who aren't elite tend to age poorly when in that contract period (case in point: Lucic, Backes, Ladd, etc). I don't imagine he'll take a short 3-4 year deal with the same cap hit he currently has (and I don't know that we could even manage that when we'll have Dach and Boqvist needing new deals a year later).

It just makes sense to try to trade him if we aren't contending.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
He's a UFA in Summer of 2021, which leaves us this season and next to either make good use out of him or trade him. This season seems like a waste of a year, so unless this team miraculously gets back into a playoff spot come the trade deadline, we
need to at least see what we can get for him.

It's not like it's a good idea to re-sign him before he becomes a UFA. It'll be his last big contract and while I love the guy, strong two-way wingers who aren't elite tend to age poorly when in that contract period (case in point: Lucic, Backes, Ladd, etc). I don't imagine he'll take a short 3-4
year deal with the same cap hit he currently has (and I don't know that we could even manage that when we'll have Dach and Boqvist needing new deals a year later).

If they decide to trade him so be it. But don't you think we can get a better deal then this. I mean retaining on saad half for poulin, Gally and a 3rd pick.
I understand it's all make believe, but just wondering.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I’d probably consider Galch, Poulin, and a 3rd (maybe conditional in 2021 draft where it becomes a 2nd if Pittsburgh wins a playoff round this season or next season) for Saad. I like Poulin’s game.

I’m also open to a Carolina trade for Lehner. If we could get Haydn Fleury or Jake Bean and one of their 1sts for Lehner, I’d be pretty happy with that.

Reactions: OTC

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He's a UFA in Summer of 2021, which leaves us this season and next to either make good use out of him or trade him. This season seems like a waste of a year, so unless this team miraculously gets back into a playoff spot come the trade deadline, we need to at least see what we can get for him.

It's not like it's a good idea to re-sign him before he becomes a UFA. It'll be his last big contract and while I love the guy, strong two-way wingers who aren't elite tend to age poorly when in that contract period (case in point: Lucic, Backes, Ladd, etc). I don't imagine he'll take a short 3-4 year deal with the same cap hit he currently has (and I don't know that we could even manage that when we'll have Dach and Boqvist needing new deals a year later).

Couldn't have put it better myself, and your suggestion in acquiring Poulin is a good one. He's a good one for the Hawks to acquire. Actually his father played for the team back in the day.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Don't have any idea why people have any interest in trading Lehner. With two goalies on expiring contracts, if you're gonna move a goalie, you keep Lehner and try to move Crow, then extend Lehner immediately.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Meh, money talks. He seems to like and appreciate this organization. People making something out of nothing, IMO.

So does winning and in his case.. that's what he wants as he's said it numerous times that he wants to win (and money at this point in his career doesn't really matter - his words). If he doesn't see that happening here then he won't be back.

Reactions: ColdSteel2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad