Speculation: 2019/20 NHL trade deadline thread (rumors, ideas, & deals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
but even we knew seabrook was unhappy because he just straight up said it...doesnt mean anyone went over anyones head.

ill have to listen to zawaski pretty soon. thats interesting

I can transcribe last night's for you if you'd like. I don't remember exactly where the first mention was made so I may not be able to easily transcribe that right now.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Next year Cory Crawford's contract is done let him walk.....Re sign Rob Lehner to three year contract at 7.5 million a year.The rest of the money saved on Corey Crawford's expired contract use it to sign a secondary scoring forward.

Well, Crawford’s money goes straight into Debrincat’s pocket.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
43:35 "It's also important to remember that a lot of these players that are irritated with Colliton right now are some of the vocal ones that wanted Q gone. So this is what you wanted..."

Go to 40:30 for the full context and lead up to it.
Yet our leaders are untouchable. They’re just garbage who want to mail in their cheques at this point. It’s time to strip the A and the C.

They just don’t feel like playing anymore, and it’s a damn shame and completely tarnishing their legacy.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The fact that the front office even knows about something so trivial and felt they needed to address it is ridiculous. Who cares if Seabrook knew two days or two minutes before the scratch? That's not something to whine about, but someone did whine about it and the front office felt it needed to be addressed.
Clearly the players feel like they should know sooner. But point stands, I haven't seen any quote from anyone saying the players were upset Seabrook was scratched. just the process of him being scratched. So, scratch him again.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Clearly the players feel like they should know sooner. But point stands, I haven't seen any quote from anyone saying the players were upset Seabrook was scratched. just the process of him being scratched. So, scratch him again.
who give a f***. they, the players are employees. they should their job and let the bosses run the company.

Last edited:

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I wonder what we could get for Gus. Would love to steal Musto’s boy Pelletier from Calgary but they probably don’t need defense.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
some interesting free agents next year if we do offload some and try to get in a different mix of players next year.

Kreider
Brodie
Hoffman
Galchenyuk
Bogosian
Tanev

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
some interesting free agents next year if we do offload some and try to get in a different mix of players next year.

Kreider
Brodie
Hoffman
Galchenyuk
Bogosian
Tanev
too many factors will be at play for me, first of all will be what will the team's make up be with who will be with the team, next will be what is the salary cap looking like and lastly any internal raises will be needed.

then i will look at the fa route.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Kreider
Brodie
Hoffman
Galchenyuk
Bogosian
Tanev
If the season goes belly up and we start selling off players, we won’t be signing any of those players.

We’ll get some young guys in return along with a bunch of the kids in the AHL or other competing for the spots.

The last thing the team needs to do is overpay for one of those has beens. (Hoffman is alright)

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014

Kreider
Brodie
Hoffman
Galchenyuk
Bogosian
Tanev

I’d take any of the top 3 if the price is right. Galchenyuk is also intriguing but he’s not an amazing skater or a good defensive player.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oilers fan here to ask you guys a question...

Would Saad become available and what would it cost to bring him on to Nuge's lw?

He would make a lot of sense as a youngish guy with term remaining over a rental like Kreider. Pretty much all picks and prospects would be available (except the obvious ones Broberg/Bouch).

Reactions: LDF

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

Would Saad become available and what would it cost to bring him on to Nuge's lw?

He would make a lot of sense as a youngish guy with term remaining over a rental like Kreider. Pretty much all picks and prospects would be available (except the obvious ones Broberg/Bouch).
i wouldnt be opposed to selling for oilers 1st and tyler benson. Signing someone like kreider galchenyuk or hoffman to offset some top 6 lost production.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
i wouldnt be opposed to selling for oilers 1st and tyler benson. Signing someone like kreider galchenyuk or hoffman to offset some top 6 lost production.
Seems like a very steep price to pay imo

I would offer something like Jones + 2 2nds maybe

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Seems like a very steep price to pay imo

I would offer something like Jones + 2 2nds maybe
its probably somewhere right inbetween those offers. also i dont have a great grasp on how highly rated benson is in the oilers organization.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

To me, it makes more sense to move Saad to a team that wants the Hawks to retain in exchange for a better return. Something along the lines of Saad @ 50% for a 1st and 2 2nds would be the ask.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
To me, it makes more sense to move Saad to a team that wants the Hawks to retain in exchange for a better return. Something along the lines of Saad @ 50% for a 1st and 2 2nds would be the ask.

He's on a solid contract. Not really much of a need to retain. I do agree that Saad @ 50% should fetch a 1st and two 2nds, though. I just don't see the Hawks wanting to retain if they're trying to move him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad