NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kings had high expectations but are playing terribly right now. That's what happens when you hire failed Laker coaches @Quid Pro Clowe
Sorry, was too busy attending last night's win to go under the bridge with you.

Got a free shirt tossed to me by one of the dancers. Got a free Hield poster. Hell, even the tickets were free. I love when they start slow and bandwagoners bail. Come up city for your boy.

Sep 19, 2008
Sorry, was too busy attending last night's win to go under the bridge with you.

Got a free shirt tossed to me by one of the dancers. Got a free Hield poster. Hell, even the tickets were free. I love when they start slow and bandwagoners bail. Come up city for your boy.
Not sure if they'll be in the playoff hunt. We'll see if winning one game is sustainable :laugh: The team seems bereft of any talent whatsoever and hiring Walton isn't really going to change that.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not sure if they'll be in the playoff hunt. We'll see if winning one game is sustainable :laugh: The team seems bereft of any talent whatsoever and hiring Walton isn't really going to change that.
All the teams that started overseas are starting off bad. It's obvious they didn't get the training camp/exhibition that the other 26 or whatever teams got. They re finding their chemistry as they go.

And no, no signatures. Went to Old Sac and had a delicious dinner.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Raptors lost last night. 4-2 thus far on the season. Speaking of the Kings, the Raptors play them on Wednesday of this week.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Embiid > KAT, and his personality is amazing, too. Athletes are far too often just robots, god forbid some have personalities. There isn't a single NHL player I find interesting. The NBA is different in that way, and I love it.

I said it before and I'll say it again: the Warriors should not bring Klay Thompson back this season, and now given Curry's injury they should shut him down completely, too.

These guys have been to five straight NBA finals. They won three of them. They've had such little rest over the last five years that it'll do them wonders to get this time off. Sure, it sucks to lose (and boy are they losing badly), but the rest is what their bodies need.

Come back strong next year with a healthy Curry, Klay, and Draymond.

Reactions: Jack Straw

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It's amazing how good Dončić is despite the character flaws. Imagine if he was a good boy like Ayton. Sky would be the limit.

He character flawed his way into a triple double today.

Haven't seen that poster around.

Reactions: Ivan13

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Embiid > KAT, and his personality is amazing, too. Athletes are far too often just robots, god forbid some have personalities. There isn't a single NHL player I find interesting. The NBA is different in that way, and I love it.

I said it before and I'll say it again: the Warriors should not bring Klay Thompson back this season, and now given Curry's injury they should shut him down completely, too.

These guys have been to five straight NBA finals. They won three of them. They've had such little rest over the last five years that it'll do them wonders to get this time off. Sure, it sucks to lose (and boy are they losing badly), but the rest is what their bodies need.

Come back strong next year with a healthy Curry, Klay, and Draymond.

And a #1 pick.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Still better than Wizards.

Reactions: Ivan13

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Heat just spanked the Rockets by 29 yesterday. Whether it was the South Beach Flu or something else, the Rockets were easing their way into things and they got run out of the building in the first quarter. Westbrook, who the Heat refused to trade Bam or Herro for in the offseason, was a team worst -46 in just 26 mins.

This Heat team is so fun and 5-1 on the season now. Butler hasn't even been on top of his game offensively but is making a huge impact, Bam and Winslow (before his injury) look really good, Dragic's killing it off the bench, and the young guys have been impressive. Herro, Nunn, and Robinson have each led the team in scoring in at least one win so far.

My favourite play from yesterday was Butler's steal where he just snatched the ball out of Harden's hands:

giphy.gif

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
'Happy' Heat star Jimmy Butler implies there was drama behind the scenes of his exit from 76ers

Every team he plays on.... he creates problems. I recall many of us saying what happened in Minny, would happen in Philly and seems like something similar did happen. He may be "happy" now but the guy is a straight up cancer and absolutely loves to burn bridges. :facepalm:

I certainly wouldn't say he created problems in Philly. I suspect it was mainly "fit". He likes to have the ball in his hands and he wanted to run PnR's. The Sixers don't run much PnR and Simmons has the ball in his hands. Brown wants to surround Simmons and Embiid with spot-up shooters, Jimmy isn't really a spot-up shooter. It was fun but nobody is really that surprised that he didn't re-sign. And for the Sixers, getting Horford was huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad