NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Nothing gives me more satisfaction right now than seeing Golden State completely implode

The most arrogant franchise and players in the sport the last 5 years

In defence of the Warriors what franchise/fanbase wouldn't be as arrogant if they enjoyed such success? To have had what is considered to be a dynasty in this day and age in the NBA is incredibly rare. I mean they enjoyed more success over the past 5 years than most franchises can expect in 100 years.

I think GSW gets a lot of unwarranted bashing, apart from the KD signing they built that team through the draft from the ground up.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like the Warriors best days may be behind them. Still what a great run for them. To go from an also ran to one of the league's best teams is quite the turn around.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
In defence of the Warriors what franchise/fanbase wouldn't be as arrogant if they enjoyed such success? To have had what is considered to be a dynasty in this day and age in the NBA is incredibly rare. I mean they enjoyed more success over the past 5 years than most franchises can expect in 100 years.

I think GSW gets a lot of unwarranted bashing, apart from the KD signing they built that team through the draft from the ground up.

This is the point. I can totally understand why they are arrogant given how amazing their team was from 2014-2019.

KD would have never left OKC if people weren't so God damn obsessed with rings.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Looks like the Warriors best days may be behind them. Still what a great run for them. To go from an also ran to one of the league's best teams is quite the turn around.
I actually don’t think they are. I think they are back next season. There’s just so many injuries there.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You can't be considered the best in the league if you continue to have load management. I'm a Toronto fan and seeing he came off of missing a season because of an injury I think he gets a pass. This season Kawhi needs to play. There is a reason the season is 82 games. It's who can come out on top despite the long schedule.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You can't be considered the best in the league if you continue to have load management. I'm a Toronto fan and seeing he came off of missing a season because of an injury I think he gets a pass. This season Kawhi needs to play. There is a reason the season is 82 games. It's who can come out on top despite the long schedule.
Well he’s injured and it’s not just load management so

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
How hard is it to just my knee is sore? Who can prove otherwise?
That’s not what happens though. They have to provide evidence now. Ever since the thing where Pop rested his whole starting 5 against the Heat I think it was. The medical staff has to provide enough evidence.

I am unhappy that he sat out though. This is a very winnable game with Kawhi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That’s not what happens though. They have to provide evidence now. Ever since the thing where Pop rested his whole starting 5 against the Heat I think it was. The medical staff has to provide enough evidence.

I am unhappy that he sat out though. This is a very winnable game with Kawhi.
He had an injury that healed. If he has soreness from that old injury how can anyone say otherwise? What if it where a concussion? It's the Eric Lindros situation all over again. It's a very slippery slope to say a play is faking.

Sep 19, 2008
Load management is stupid. There's no reason Leonard shouldn't have been playing yesterday. Another scar on this league. Marketing superstars like mad who don't even PLAY.

Sep 19, 2008
Try telling any f***in hockey fan that anyone other than a goalie isn't playing a back to back for "rest" :laugh: Chara literally broke his jaw and was out there the very next game. But no..."load management". Gimme a f***in break.

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah it is. It’s a good thing they have to prove it to the league too. I’m not saying he’s not able to play. I’m saying he’s not fully healthy which is true.
There's an off season to recover from that shit. Get your ass on the court and play. I swear if any hockey player pulled this load management shit they'd be laughed out of the building.

Only in basketball do you see this crap

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
There's an off season to recover from that ****. Get your ass on the court and play. I swear if any hockey player pulled this load management **** they'd be laughed out of the building.

Only in basketball do you see this crap
Players also play a lot more consistent play in basketball. Honestly if this allows Kawhi to play the way he did in the playoffs I don’t even care. I do think it’ll be different when George is back though. Right now Kawhi is needed to do everything. Yeah Trez and Lou have been good offensively but it’s basically Lou and Kawhi creating everything. Also Kawhi and Bev have been the key defensively. When George comes back, it just adds another player to help out on both ends. I think you might see games where he doesn’t get as many minutes or if they’re going to rest George, it will be on opposite nights of back to backs so they still have stars.

Again though I do think that he is more injured than they are letting on. Kawhi has been amazing this season. If the load management doesn’t take him out of too many games, he is easily in the conversation for MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad