NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
There's an off season to recover from that ****. Get your ass on the court and play. I swear if any hockey player pulled this load management **** they'd be laughed out of the building.

Only in basketball do you see this crap

You also see it in baseball, particularly with catchers. It has little to do with contact, it's about wear and tear on the body. 82 games of running up and down a hardwood floor is not conducive to healthy feet, ankles and knees (or backs for that matter). Hockey is a high impact sport but padding provides a lot of protection for that. You can't wear padding inside your knee joint though. Repetitive stress injuries are more common in basketball than hockey or football. If Bill Walton were playing today he might have a longer and better career than he did back when much less was known about sports science.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Load management isn't to big a deal for me. If it protects a player's health then so be it.
So why doesn't every superstar wait for the playoffs then? take 60 games off. The point of a long season is because sports are supposed to seperate best from the worst. Who is the best team who can endure 82 games plus win 16 playoff games. That's the point of a regular season. If you miss 20 games but have the highest scoring average should you still win the scoring championship despite having load management while the next guy played 82 games and is .2 behind you??

Reactions: Roman Fell

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah it is. It’s a good thing they have to prove it to the league too. I’m not saying he’s not able to play. I’m saying he’s not fully healthy which is true.
"On Wednesday, the league said it accepted the Clippers plan to sit Leonard, who was listed on the injury report with an ailing knee, in the first of back-to-back games. He did not play in a 129-124 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks – a game that was nationally televised by ESPN.
But a remark later made by coach Doc Rivers caught the attention of the NBA.
“I think Kawhi made a statement that he’s never felt better. It’s our job to make sure he stays that way. That’s important. But he played a lot of minutes in the playoffs last year,” Rivers said. “So, it’s not, uh, a health thing really. It is in some ways. We want him to just keep feeling better and getting better.”
In a statement announcing the fine on Thursday, the league said it continued to believe that Leonard has an injury but questioned Rivers’ remarks.
“Following additional review of the LA Clippers not playing Kawhi Leonard in last night’s game against the Milwaukee Bucks, the NBA has confirmed that the team’s decision to sit Leonard for management of an injury was consistent with league rules,” the statement read. “The team has reasonably determined that Leonard is suffering from an ongoing injury to the patella tendon in his left knee and has been placed by the team at this time on an injury protocol for back-to-back games.
“The NBA has fined the Clippers $50,000 for statements, including by head coach Doc Rivers, that were inconsistent with Leonard’s health status.”"

This screams bull$#!+.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Mario Lemieux sat out* 9 B2B games combined in 95-96 & 96-97. So it has happened in hockey. No professional athlete wants to sit on the bench and watch his team play and not participate, so I don't think there's some conspiracy.

*I'm classifying 'sat out' as having played in both the game preceding and succeeding the B2B.

Sep 19, 2008
Mario Lemieux sat out* 9 B2B games combined in 95-96 & 96-97. So it has happened in hockey. No professional athlete wants to sit on the bench and watch his team play and not participate, so I don't think there's some conspiracy.

*I'm classifying 'sat out' as having played in both the game preceding and succeeding the B2B.
It doesn't happen today. Ovechkin has an iron man streak going and hasn't been a healthy scratch in a while.

That was interesting to learn about lemieux I did not know that.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I didn't realize Kawhi Leonard had cancer which forced him to miss an entire season. To compare him to Lemiuex is a huge insult to Mario.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Charlotte beat Indiana in OT in Tuesday. Charlotte had 42 free throws, Indiana only 7.

O_O

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Anybody know of a good NBA highlights for games I can watch? I'm thinking something like a rundown of all the games in one vid that lasts like 5-10 mins approx each day?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

from espn.com:

Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters experienced a panic attack on the team's charter flight Thursday night after consuming a THC-infused edible, sources told ESPN.

Waiters received medical treatment after the plane landed in Los Angeles following the Heat's victory over the Phoenix Suns.Waiters was listed as out for Friday's game against the Lakers due to illness and did not attend the game.

Waiters missed the game in Phoenix because of a stomach ache and was seeking relief when he took an edible he was unfamiliar with, sources said. League rules prohibit the use of THC.

The Heat declined to comment.

Waiters flew back to Miami with the Heat on Saturday.

Waiters faces missing out on a $1.2 million contract bonus if he misses four more games this season. Waiters is owed $24 million over this season and next as part of a deal he signed with the Heat in 2017.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is hilarious even for Waiters' standards. They made it clear pretty early there was going to be zero tolerance this season after how things have gone with Whiteside and Waiters previously. That's why Johnson was banished from the team until he met Riley's conditioning/weight standards and now this Waiters situation. I can't see anyone taking Waiters' contract so I don't know what they do with him but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play for the team again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad