2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I might be late for this, but what is our situation with next season for AHL. Do we get own AHL team or we loan our players another AHL team?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I might be late for this, but what is our situation with next season for AHL. Do we get own AHL team or we loan our players another AHL team?
We'll have a team. There will be 31 teams in both leagues and all AHL clubs essentially have to be affiliated with a NHL club. Right now, it is either the Wolves or another team is someone else decides to go with the Wolves. Less than ideal, but not the worst situation we've been in.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
We'll have a team. There will be 31 teams in both leagues and all AHL clubs essentially have to be affiliated with a NHL club. Right now, it is either the Wolves or another team is someone else decides to go with the Wolves. Less than ideal, but not the worst situation we've been in.
If push comes to shove, Vegas has proven you can just buy a team under contract and move them wherever you want anyway.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If push comes to shove, Vegas has proven you can just buy a team under contract and move them wherever you want anyway.
Yeah, but I don't see us being interesting in purchasing a club and running it. They almost always lose money, and I don't see us wanting to burn that cash.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Yeah, but I don't see us being interesting in purchasing a club and running it. They almost always lose money, and I don't see us wanting to burn that cash.
Very true. I'm sure they would/could have bought the Rampage if they really wanted full control of everything. At least one benefit to going back to Chicago is putting the prospects into a winning focused environment if it ends up that way

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Hi, everyone! I had an account on this forum a few years ago that went inactive, so I've created another one. Just so you know the backgroud: St. Louis native, now living in Southern California, life-long Blues fan, and still celebrating (occasionally) the fact that my team finally won the Stanley Cup!

That being said...I'm glad to see the Rampage putting some wins together recently. It also appears Ville Husso has been playing really well over the last few weeks. Am I right about that?

However, I'm also sad...if not outraged...that VGK bought the Rampage out from under our noses (or so it seems). I'm just spitballing here, but has anyone considered Oklahoma City as a possible destination for our new AHL team? I know the Edmonton Oilers had their AHL team there for a while (the Barons), but they moved, so would OKC support an AHL team? I know Kansas City, Tulsa, Indianapolis, Peoria, and even the Family Arena in St. Charles (my hometown!) have been suggested, but would OKC also be a possibility? I'm not campaigning for OKC, just tossing out a suggestion.

Thanks for reading! LET'S GO BLUES!!!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Hi, everyone! I had an account on this forum a few years ago that went inactive, so I've created another one. Just so you know the backgroud: St. Louis native, now living in Southern California, life-long Blues fan, and still celebrating (occasionally) the fact that my team finally won the Stanley Cup!

That being said...I'm glad to see the Rampage putting some wins together recently. It also appears Ville Husso has been playing really well over the last few weeks. Am I right about that?

However, I'm also sad...if not outraged...that VGK bought the Rampage out from under our noses (or so it seems). I'm just spitballing here, but has anyone considered Oklahoma City as a possible destination for our new AHL team? I know the Edmonton Oilers had their AHL team there for a while (the Barons), but they moved, so would OKC support an AHL team? I know Kansas City, Tulsa, Indianapolis, Peoria, and even the Family Arena in St. Charles (my hometown!) have been suggested, but would OKC also be a possibility? I'm not campaigning for OKC, just tossing out a suggestion.

Thanks for reading! LET'S GO BLUES!!!

Either some current AHL owner with an existing franchise has to decide to move there or the AHL has to create a new franchise. Nevermind the fact they'd then have to affiliate with the Blues. Teams don't usually move just to become someone's specific farm club.

It doesn't seem like the Blues want to buy or create an AHL franchise.

Most likely for now, St Louis is going to have to share an affiliate with someone like they did two years ago.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Islanders assigned Josh Ho-Sang to the Rampage today.

Walker is out 4-6 weeks, essentially the regular season.

This tells me the Blues want the playoffs in San Antonio and aren't ok with settling.

Very interesting. Hopefully (best case scenario) a change of scenery helps him find the potential he’s always had. I think playing in New York was just a bad fit for him from the beginning. It might be too late for him to turn it around, but it would be awesome to find a diamond in the rough like him.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
...Most likely for now, St Louis is going to have to share an affiliate with someone like they did two years ago.
Previously and frequently debunked. There are 31 NHL teams and 31 AHL teams, each of which are required to have one and only one affiliation. An AHL team cannot affiliate with multiple NHL teams, nor can they participate without affiliation. The number of affiliate shall be one, and one shall be the number of affiliates. Two is right out.

By the by-laws of the agreement between the AHL and the NHL, the Blues will have an affiliate of their very own next season and every season thereafter, it just may not be ideal in terms of relationship or geography.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Previously and frequently debunked. There are 31 NHL teams and 31 AHL teams, each of which are required to have one and only one affiliation. An AHL team cannot affiliate with multiple NHL teams, nor can they participate without affiliation. The number of affiliate shall be one, and one shall be the number of affiliates. Two is right out.

By the by-laws of the agreement between the AHL and the NHL, the Blues will have an affiliate of their very own next season and every season thereafter, it just may not be ideal in terms of relationship or geography.

...Unless...

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I assume that you need to have the owners of the team willing to sell, right? I'm sure that they are legally allowed to sell their team regardless of what affiliation agreements they have in place.

Maybe the villains should be the Rampage owners instead of Vegas? Clearly Vegas has cash to burn and it kind of sucks for fans of the Rampage who will be left without a team.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Islanders assigned Josh Ho-Sang to the Rampage today.

Walker is out 4-6 weeks, essentially the regular season.

This tells me the Blues want the playoffs in San Antonio and aren't ok with settling.

Any idea why Ho-Sang was assigned to SA and not still with Bridgeport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad