2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Sounds like some shuffling will go down this summer, which will hopefully be good news for us. Sounds like we’ll have musical chairs between Springfield, Charlotte, and Chicago

edit: I meant Springfield, not Providence

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Sounds like some shuffling will go down this summer, which will hopefully be good news for us. Sounds like we’ll have musical chairs between Providence, Charlotte, and Chicago

Providence? Did I miss something? Thought the Bruins where fairly happy with Providence? Or did you mean Springfield?

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Could be that the Wolves plan is ABS (Anybody But St. Louis).

Fine by me. Might create multiple openings for the Blues to choose from.

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
I'm confused by the "Charlotte could move to Chicago" thing. There is already the Chicago Wolves. Will they relocate? Is the current Wolves owner going to buy the Checkers and sell the Wolves. Will the players be swapped? Very confusing to me at this time.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm confused by the "Charlotte could move to Chicago" thing. There is already the Chicago Wolves. Will they relocate? Is the current Wolves owner going to buy the Checkers and sell the Wolves. Will the players be swapped? Very confusing to me at this time.
I think Strickland just worded it poorly. The affiliations with Carolina and Florida are ending this year, and it seems they are interested in affiliating with the Wolves, which would open up their affiliates for a new NHL club. The minor league clubs would remain independently owned and in the same location.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
This whole thing is just ridiculous. So Charlotte is going to have a minor league hockey team for NOT the Carolina Hurricanes? How ridiculous would it be if we had our minor league team there. Or in Springfield, MA.

I miss the Peoria days.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
This whole thing is just ridiculous. So Charlotte is going to have a minor league hockey team for NOT the Carolina Hurricanes? How ridiculous would it be if we had our minor league team there. Or in Springfield, MA.

I miss the Peoria days.
I mean, it could be worse. It can't be any worse than the Canucks having their AHL team in Utica, New York.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I miss the Peoria days.
Those are independently owned. We can move them if we purchase the clubs, but I don't see us displaying much interest in that. I think the idea with the Kansas City rumor a couple years ago was to bring Lamar Hunt Jr into the ownership group, so we'd essentially purchase the Kansas City Mavericks with an equity stake in the Blues.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

I miss the Peoria days.
Charlotte would be nice. They are a bit remote, but they are huge air traffic hub so would be easy to get guys anywhere.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I mean, it could be worse. It can't be any worse than the Canucks having their AHL team in Utica, New York.
You may be onto something here. What if ... the Canucks resume the AHL affiliation they had with the CHI Wolves from 2011 to 2013, and the Blues reunite with the AHL Comets franchise in Utica (formerly the Peoria Rivermen AHL incarnation)? Ah, the good old days.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Yahoo - I'm there. Can't wait to see some Baby Blues games next season.

From the Springfield website

Since their inception in the 2016-17 AHL season, the Thunderbirds have seen significant growth in the areas of attendance, revenue generation, and community engagement. T-Birds teams have played before a sellout crowd of 6,793 on 28 occasions, and the franchise has been recognized at the league level for business excellence in the areas of Ticket Sales, Community Relations, and Corporate Sales. In January of 2019, the franchise hosted and sold out both nights of the AHL All-Star Classic in just the team’s third year of existence.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Going to a San Antonio Rampage game tomorrow. Making the 3 1/2 hour drive north to see the Blues prospects one last time. Did it last year before they were a Blues farm team. Sucks that there will be less AHL hockey in south Texas. Leaves my only AHL option the Dallas Stars AHL team in Cedar Park near Austin which is probably 5 hours north. Hard to get good hockey down here!!!!

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
We used to have the Blue’s AHL team in Worcester, MA. Can’t be too far, every time I’ve been to MA, VA, WV, PA, or DC you are within 100 miles of anything in 5, 6, or 7 States. Always freaks me out!!! After living in first Alaska and now Texas for the last 30+ years, it takes me 10+ hours to leave my state or in Alaska it took days, lol!!!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
We used to have the Blue’s AHL team in Worcester, MA. Can’t be too far, every time I’ve been to MA, VA, WV, PA, or DC you are within 100 miles of anything in 5, 6, or 7 States. Always freaks me out!!! After living in first Alaska and now Texas for the last 30+ years, it takes me 10+ hours to leave my state or in Alaska it took days, lol!!!
Wow! Your English is pretty good for an Alaskamo.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wish you would've somehow became Hartford's affiliate because I would rather see my beloved Hartford Civic Center razed to the ground than host a rags farm team. Always liked Springfield a lot (if you know hockey history and the city's affiliation with the Whalers you know why) so good on you guys for signing up with them!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Spoke to Boomer, he's looking forward to being part of your organization!
20200308_152555.jpg

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Kostin is our today. Wonder if he was benched for this 3 minors in the last game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad