2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Lend Husso to Providence, they'll fix him right up and he'll be ready to go in 2021-2022. :naughty:
It might been difference. Before Providence time Binny's stats werent that good. Clearly Husso is having major problems at AHL. Last couple seasons have been terrible stats wise too. No excuses if San Antonio is hot garbage team, you need to find tour game.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Or Husso just isn’t going to live up to his hype. Sounds like he has been a bit of an issue. And goalies are crap shoot, just like every other 4th round pick,

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Sounds like Vegas is going to try to buy a franchise and move it locally. I’m sure part of that is just a matter of convenience and trying to build excitement in a new hockey market.

...But it also doesn’t seem like a coincidence that Chicago will be going through their 5th NHL affiliation since the Thrashers/Jets moved to St. John’s in 2011. I can’t help but remember the owners talking mad smack when we didn’t renew our affiliation, saying stuff like “we weren’t serious about winning” after bringing guys like Agostino, Megan, and Aggozzino to town, and getting them into the playoffs. That ownership group just seems like a bunch of two-bit wannabes with no consideration for the role they’re supposed to play as a farm team. It doesn’t seem like anybody wants to work with them for very long, despite what should be a really favorable market.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Sounds like Vegas is going to try to buy a franchise and move it locally. I’m sure part of that is just a matter of convenience and trying to build excitement in a new hockey market.

...But it also doesn’t seem like a coincidence that Chicago will be going through their 5th NHL affiliation since the Thrashers/Jets moved to St. John’s in 2011. I can’t help but remember the owners talking mad smack when we didn’t renew our affiliation, saying stuff like “we weren’t serious about winning” after bringing guys like Agostino, Megan, and Aggozzino to town, and getting them into the playoffs. That ownership group just seems like a bunch of two-bit wannabes with no consideration for the role they’re supposed to play as a farm team. It doesn’t seem like anybody wants to work with them for very long, despite what should be a really favorable market.
I guess attendance will be great with a team of journeymen minor leaguers and not potential star draft picks?

The comments from Chicago’s group were very unprofessional. But it was always weird for us to have our farm team in the biggest rival’s city.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Well, eh, it surely doesn't help them.

Husso is knowed he needed a lot of quidance in his junior and 20's from goaltender coach. Hell, even Allen had problems in NHL level and needed help from goaltender coach or even therapist.

Hopefully his teammates shoots puck to him after trainings compare to what happened in beer league. Sounds like its really big mess how some AHL teams develope their pkayers. Maybe there is good reason why from Finland comes one of the best goaltenders their have their goaltender coaches :laugh:

Wonder what Tampa are doing differently in AHL. They sure do it right knowing how good players they are developing.

You finally subscribed to the Athletic, right? This article should help provide some good background.

How the Blues set up their goalie prospects for Jordan...

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Absolutely infuriating that we've lost another AHL team. How can they sell the team if we're already contractually affiliated with them?

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Absolutely infuriating that we've lost another AHL team. How can they sell the team if we're already contractually affiliated with them?
I'm sure there are out clauses. Lets say they are losing money, just because you have a contract to be affiliated with them, doesn't mean you can force them to remain in business.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Unless another affiliation contract is up, we are pretty much screwed and stuck with the Wolves because I don't see us purchasing a team.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Unless another affiliation contract is up, we are pretty much screwed and stuck with the Wolves because I don't see us purchasing a team.
Didnt the Wolves and Blues have a pretty nasty breakup when Vegas came into the League? Maybe the Blues can bring the Riverman or KC up to the AHL and leave Chicago for Seattle.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Didnt the Wolves and Blues have a pretty nasty breakup when Vegas came into the League? Maybe the Blues can bring the Riverman or KC up to the AHL and leave Chicago for Seattle.
Seattle already has their AHL club. They own it and they will play in Palm Springs, CA.

Our options are purchase an existing AHL club, which we can move if we want or affiliate with another club. Unless another affiliation is ending, we are stuck with Chicago.

The 32 AHL clubs are set, so we can purchase a lower level club and promote them like Colorado did with their ECHL club when Vegas came in and the AHL had to add a club.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoMoBlues

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Seattle already has their AHL club. They own it and they will play in Palm Springs, CA.

Our options are purchase an existing AHL club, which we can move if we want or affiliate with another club. Unless another affiliation is ending, we are stuck with Chicago.

The 32 AHL clubs are set, so we can purchase a lower level club and promote them like Colorado did with their ECHL club when Vegas came in and the AHL had to add a club.
Didnt know Seattle already had their AHL team ready to go.

This is the 2nd time the Vegas f***ing golden Knights have screwed Stl out of their AHL team.

The league really needs to cater to Stl this time.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Blues don't have many options. Unless someone is changing AHL affiliations, the blues are stuck with Chicago. The Blues can not just go to any city they want, they have to find someone with an AHL franchise..... I suppose the Blackhawks or Predators could go to Chicago but I'm not seeing that....

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Blues don't have many options. Unless someone is changing AHL affiliations, the blues are stuck with Chicago. The Blues can not just go to any city they want, they have to find someone with an AHL franchise..... I suppose the Blackhawks or Predators could go to Chicago but I'm not seeing that....
Yeah, we'd have to convince another minor league team to join us instead of the team they are currently affiliated with, which seems unlikely. No one wants Chicago, so teams aren't going to voluntarily terminate their affiliation with another AHL club to affiliate with Chicago.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this sucks booooooooo BOOOOOOO boooooo this is awful Vegas is awful Chicago is awful this sucks BOOOOOOOOOO god my eyes are rolling all the way into the back of my skull

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
Maybe the Blues could partner with a Texas businessman and start a new franchise in San Antonio. The building is nice, they have a hockey history there.....screw the Wolves. No matter what, the Blues are probably fudged for next year so they need to look long term. Luckily they don't have a ton of top prospects to get shuffled around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad