2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Huh, Cap Friendly lists him as a soon to be UFA.
upload_2020-2-26_9-5-16.png

Nope RFA

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I am surprised Anderson has not been called up yet.

Also I am surprised Blake didn't move another D (hutton or ryan) for like 6th round picks to free up a spot for Ladue too. Ladue is a UFA and although I feel he has shown he is not a full time NHL D-man I think the kings should give him what last shot before deciding on trying to re-sign.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Also I am surprised Blake didn't move another D (hutton or ryan) for like 6th round picks to free up a spot for Ladue too. Ladue is a UFA and although I feel he has shown he is not a full time NHL D-man I think the kings should give him what last shot before deciding on trying to re-sign.
Mikey was/has been mentioned specifically by Rob.. He seems to hold Mikey in high esteem, so I expect him to come up shortly

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Any college FA's LAK should be considering?

I figure the Kings might have a Bowling Green connection with Blake/Emerson to LD Alec Rauhauser. I haven't seen him play, but general scouting report is good size and decent enough skater. On the down side, he's going to turn 25 soon but he had turned down previous pro offers in order to graduate. Could be another Daniel Brickley but could be a Danny DeKeyser. But since he'll be 25 when he signs, Rauhauser isn't required to sign an ELC so it'll be interesting to see if he is regarded enough to land a one way deal like Matt Gilroy.

Michigan State's Patrick Khodorenko (Bay area native, played as a teenager in LA) should draw some interest. One writer said his scouting contacts compared Khodorenko to a Casey Cizikas type. The Kings might be a tough sell though given the depth of similarly aged forward prospects.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Other teams also have to want them. And have roster space for them.

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

When I start publishing my draft preview articles for MayorsManor, I may include some college FAs.

Sorry for the delay on that series. We decided to hold off the series until after the rankings come out, and the rankings were put off until after the trade deadline in case any other prospects came in.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Great read about Gabe Vilardi and his progress on The Athletic..
How Kings prospect Gabriel Vilardi is getting his groove...

Yeah, Jordan Samuels-Thomas is probably my favorite writer there. He always breaks down plays with video to support his observations so that even guys like me who never laced them up can understand exactly what he's talking about. This article is as good as I've come to expect from him.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007

Two forwards caught my eye in:

Josh Dunne-F-Clarkson ‘97
There’s a favorable comparison to be made between Dunne and his teammate last season, Nico Sturm, who was one of the top free agents available in college hockey. Dunne is a big power forward that protects the puck well, plays hard one both ends of the ice, and has developed into a very reliable two-way center in his time at Clarkson.

Max Johnson-Jr.-Bowling Green ‘98
Johnson is a strong, skilled power forward, that excels in making plays in the dirty areas around the net, while also having the skating ability to play a 200-foot game. He’s off to a slower start statistically this season after a career year as a sophomore, but at his best, his combination of grit and skill is very intriguing.

2020 NCAA Free Agent NHL Watch List—Forwards

Reactions: Fat Elvis

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Both schools Clarkson and Bowling Green have produced excellent former Kings players, in Dave Taylor and Rob Blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad