2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The 70s line didn’t even exist in ‘13, Pearson credited with playing only one playoff game. See, it’s clear now that your memory is not serving you right....hence, you can’t remember how bad Kopitar was.
Granted its a bit murky, my point stands the same.. with 2/3 of that line and all...
With Brown, Doughty, Stoll, Martinez and Muzzin all having a combined ZERO points kinda pplayed a role in that outcome as much as the 9 pts produced by Kopitar, Richards, Penner and Williams

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
2012/13 was the NHL kicking the Kings in the nuts again.

We finally win the cup after four plus decades of futility and the next season starts with a lockout. No way that seasons cup winner is the same as the worst champ from any full season.

At their peak performance, the cup winning core were slow starters who played best with their backs to wall. Giving them only 50 odd games to repeat was a joke. Kopitar takes his annual vacation mid season, so we were robbed of a dynasty.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty much everyone important was dead by the end of the 2013 playoffs. Our only really great players heading into the Hawks series were Quick--who was sporting a .951 before dissolving--Doughty--who hurt his ankle in Game 7 at SJ and thereafter sucked, and Richards, who was described above. The rest were full of injuries. I remember thinking going to OT in game 5 and dragging it out was pretty heroic considering the absolute dead look of almost everyone on the ice.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Looks like Torey Krug might be a UFA.

He’s a LHD who would be a good fit for where this team is at right now. He’ll be 29 yo, so you’ll be overpaying if you give him term, but it may be a good use of salary on a rebuilding team. He can play with Doughty as a pair as they both move down the lineup.

Reactions: RocketKing

bland

Jul 1, 2004
No thats not the definition of it, the secondary players won that series for the Hawks. Not Teows, Hossa or Kane just like Kopitar, Carter, Doughty didnt lose it for the Kings.
Just so you understand, that was exactly his responsibility under Sutter. Grind it out, physically impose yourself and if possible score.. Their depth players outplayed ours and that was the difference.
Oh, you sweet summer child.

I hope the tragedies of the real world never befall you.

Reactions: KINGS17

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Looks like Torey Krug might be a UFA.

He’s a LHD who would be a good fit for where this team is at right now. He’ll be 29 yo, so you’ll be overpaying if you give him term, but it may be a good use of salary on a rebuilding team. He can play with Doughty as a pair as they both move down the lineup.

Boston will likely do whatever they have to do to keep him. Failing that, I don't know how much the Kings would have to offer to get him. If he hits the market, a lot of teams will want him. To come all the way out here, to a team that isn't expecting to do anything next year, you have to what, double his salary? The Bruins are at $61m for next year. They have a couple guys to re-sign, but they can get it done. If they win it all this year, that might make it more complicated, but I think you're hoping for the moon.

Why would the Kings invest in what would have to be a significant contract for a 29 year old? They seem to be done with that stuff for now. It's going to be another boring summer.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Also worth noting that Mike Richards had a damn good performance that season as well and was nearly a point per game player in the playoffs. And then cheap shot from Bolland would give Richards yet another concussion.

Richards was so good around that time that when I saw he was out on the ice at the end of game 5, I said he's going to score. They were seconds from elimination and I was as calm as could be.

Then Kane had to be an a-hole in overtime.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Richards was so good around that time that when I saw he was out on the ice at the end of game 5, I said he's going to score. They were seconds from elimination and I was as calm as could be.

Then Kane had to be an a-hole in overtime.
Handzus was a King-killer too in that series, if I remember correctly.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
You must be suppressing how the Kings actually played under Sutter. Not a thing I mentioned isnt true

You credit Kopitar for shutting down Toews as though the reverse wasn't actually the memorable truth of that series.

You know, the one Toews won the matchup and series?

Silly me, I forgot that it is impossible to criticize Kopitar of Nazareth, less the bells of heresy ring.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
You credit Kopitar for shutting down Toews as though the reverse wasn't actually the memorable truth of that series.

You know, the one Toews won the matchup and series?

Silly me, I forgot that it is impossible to criticize Kopitar of Nazareth, less the bells of heresy ring.
You’re right his 3 pts where superior to Kopitar’s 2 pts ...
Let’s also forgot the fact that Bickell was a huge reason the Hawks beat the Kings..

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I look to this for kings news. A lot of you f*** it up. Two time Stanley cup champions.

That was 6 years and 4 coaches ago. Only players that remain from those cup teams are Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, Carter, Quick, and Lewis. A lot of people around here are negative, but that's because they're just as passionate as the positive folks, it just manifests in different ways.

Here's a crazy stat: besides those six, the next-longest-tenured player on the Kings is Adrian Kempe.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
You guys are WAY...to negative. Are you fans or not?

I look to this for kings news. A lot of you f*** it up. Two time Stanley cup champions.

k7rte3iu17l01.jpg

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Can’t even begin to speculate what our offense might look like next season, but I’m assuming our defense will look something like this...unless we draft Drysdale(is he even nhl ready next season if so?)

Edmondson-Doughty
Bjornfot-Walker
Anderson-Roy
MacDermid

Clague the first call up option

Gave the offense a shot...yikes is all I can say...

Iafallo-Kopitar-Frk
Kempe-Vilardi-Luff
Grundstrom-JAD-Carter
Eyssimont-Lizzotte-Brown
Amadio/Wagner or Moore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad