2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Can’t even begin to speculate what our offense might look like next season, but I’m assuming our defense will look something like this...unless we draft Drysdale(is he even nhl ready next season if so?)

Edmondson-Doughty
Bjornfot-Walker
Anderson-Roy
MacDermid

Clague the first call up option
I'd swap Eds with Toby and that could be it..

Edit::surrender

Reactions: lumbergh

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Awesome, hopefully this gave enough time for their parents to make the flight. It'd be great if the coaches arranged it for them to have both brothers be on the opening draw. Joey's been pretty solid for the Devils since being called up, hopefully Mikey has a strong showing for the Kings.

I saw the Hughes brothers go head-to-head in October, so it'll be cool to see the Andersons have their turn.

Last edited:

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Is it dumb to suggest we go after Hall in July? We have the cap space, and by the time guys like Vilardi, Turcotte, etc would be do for their big raises, Kopitars cap hit will be coming off the books...

As I see it, Kaliyev, Turcotte, Fagemo, and Vilardi are part of our top 6 in the coming years, and it seems likely well draft a defenseman like Drysdale this draft unless we land #1 or #2 pick... so I see an extra forward spot available in our top six over the next few seasons...

skip ahead a couple of years...

Hall-Vilardi-Fagemo
Turcotte-Kopitar-Kaliyev

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Can’t even begin to speculate what our offense might look like next season, but I’m assuming our defense will look something like this...unless we draft Drysdale(is he even nhl ready next season if so?)

Edmondson-Doughty
Bjornfot-Walker
Anderson-Roy
MacDermid

Clague the first call up option

Gave the offense a shot...yikes is all I can say...

Iafallo-Kopitar-Frk
Kempe-Vilardi-Luff
Grundstrom-JAD-Carter
Eyssimont-Lizzotte-Moore
Amadio/Wagner

Umm what happened to brown ?

Reactions: Cook24

henkkj

Jun 29, 2017
I wonder what it would cost to get Puljujärvi's rights from Edmonton. He has been very impressive in Finland this year and has had a good attitude taking a step backwards to take a couple forwards. Would a 3rd in this years draft be enough? I would be okay giving up a late 2nd too. LA could be ideal for him, since there isn't much pressure to produce next year and we have a lot of open spots for forwards.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Is it dumb to suggest we go after Rantanen or Hall in July? We have the cap space, and by the time guys like Vilardi, Turcotte, etc would be do for their big raises, Kopitars cap hit will be coming off the books...

I can't say I totally know Hall's mindset, but I think there was a sense of frustration that he's had a decade in the league and only has five playoff games to show for it. So I'm not sure he's going to be looking to sign with a team that might be another year or two away from contending. Arizona's owner wants to retain him and they could offer him an 8th year that other teams can't. As good as Hall can be, a long term year deal isn't without its risks.

Colorado signed Rantanen to a long term deal last summer, so I'm not sure why they'd be dealing him. They have a pretty good cap situation right now.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I wonder what it would cost to get Puljujärvi's rights from Edmonton. He has been very impressive in Finland this year and has had a good attitude taking a step backwards to take a couple forwards. Would a 3rd in this years draft be enough? I would be okay giving up a late 2nd too. LA could be ideal for him, since there isn't much pressure to produce next year and we have a lot of open spots for forwards.

I don't think Edmonton would trade him for a pick at this point, if only for PR reasons. From the sounds of it, they seemed open to a swap of similarly aged prospects who might need a change of scenery. I think Friedman said a Puljujarvi for Lias Andersson type deal had been discussed for example. And I'd think Edmonton would ship him to the East in case he were to rebound.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
I can't say I totally know Hall's mindset, but I think there was a sense of frustration that he's had a decade in the league and only five playoff games to show for it. So I'm not sure he's going to be looking to sign with a team that might be another year or two away from contending.

Colorado signed Rantanen to a long term deal last summer, so I'm not sure why they'd be dealing him. They have a pretty good cap situation right now.

Damn. Websites that aren’t updated...missed that Rantanen was signed long term...

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Looks like Torey Krug might be a UFA.

He’s a LHD who would be a good fit for where this team is at right now. He’ll be 29 yo, so you’ll be overpaying if you give him term, but it may be a good use of salary on a rebuilding team. He can play with Doughty as a pair as they both move down the lineup.
I would love this guy on this team but I can't see Boston not finding a way to get him under contract.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
It’s funny when everyone says will the Kings sign XXX. Well, first off why would Joel Edmundson or Taylor Hall come to a rebuilding team? One went from the Stanley Cup champs to another top playoff team. And the other, Hall, wants to win and has been on crappy teams for most of his career.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
It’s funny when everyone says will the Kings sign XXX. Well, first off why would Joel Edmundson or Taylor Hall come to a rebuilding team? One went from the Stanley Cup champs to another top playoff team. And the other, Hall, wants to win and has been on crappy teams for most of his career.

Scuderi did come to a rebuilding Kings squad right off a Cup win with the Pens.

I don’t see someone like Hall. I think Arizona will do what they can to retain him.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
With the way the Kings treated Kovalchuk and how everybody who leaves here enjoys success the Kings have 0.0 chance of signing a player like Hall. Not only are the Kings bad but their offensive system sucks so bad that they continue to run the cycle, when teams jump it showing they know what's going on, on the PP, when they pull the goalie-there is 0 chance of the puck going from board to board or a Kings player attacking the net with the puck. Puck is worked the half wall, worked down low, worked up high to a player with a below mediocre shot (I'm looking at you Doughty) resulting in a blocked shot or a shot the goalie can see because the Kings lack a power forward. LA is where exciting, offensive hockey comes to die.

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
With the way the Kings treated Kovalchuk and how everybody who leaves here enjoys success the Kings have 0.0 chance of signing a player like Hall. Not only are the Kings bad but their offensive system sucks so bad that they continue to run the cycle, when teams jump it showing they know what's going on, on the PP, when they pull the goalie-there is 0 chance of the puck going from board to board or a Kings player attacking the net with the puck. Puck is worked the half wall, worked down low, worked up high to a player with a below mediocre shot (I'm looking at you Doughty) resulting in a blocked shot or a shot the goalie can see because the Kings lack a power forward. LA is where exciting, offensive hockey comes to die.
Good post. All this plus CA's income taxes make the Kings a very poor free agent destination.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Per sources from Russia Kings has offered a contract to defensemen from CSKA Nikita Nesterov. 2 years 3 million AAV. The club from Moscow already had offered him new contract (5 years plus option for 2 more years) but the deal has not be done yet. Nesterov will decide after the playoffs in KHL
Thank you fam

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Per sources from Russia Kings has offered a contract to defensemen from CSKA Nikita Nesterov. 2 years 3 million AAV. The club from Moscow already had offered him new contract (5 years plus option for 2 more years) but the deal has not be done yet. Nesterov will decide after the playoffs in KHL

26 year old LHD and looks like more of a stay at home type. I wonder what TB and Montreal fans think of him?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They all seemed to like him for his role. Forbort replacement (not next to Doughty, just in ability/style with a lil more skill).

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings often are not able to sign X, much less XXX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->