Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Hmm, Google says 6-12 weeks. Hopefully it’s not too serious.
I'm sure that it is a back injury they will be very cautious with. Look what it has done to Murray's career. Or Clarkson and Horton. Since none of us know the severity it is completely up in the air but the fact the team even said "indefinitely" sounds like they have no idea how long it will take. He just won't be able to do any strenuous training at all until it heals so time to get in shape after it heals will also take some time.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Obviously not as bad or as big as Bjorkstrand out, but, Texier is about the closest guy we had to be able to "replace" what Bjorkstrand can bring. If not the actual goal scoring, the puck control, "playmaking" and really just his overall offensive ability helps the team a lot.

Jenner and Dubois are going to have to turn it up offensively, and Atkinson needs to be much better than he has been when he gets back. Would like to see Jones start to pot some goals also.

Reactions: Monstershockey

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
seriously?

The problem with a back injury like that is that it will be difficult to keep conditioning up while allowing the back to heal. It's not like a wrist injury where a player can keep up their cardio and skating while allowing the wrist to heal. The lower back is involved in all movement. Doing too much risks re-injury and delaying getting back on the ice or it not healing properly and becoming an lingering issue.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Unbelievable....I went through this last season with the Coyotes, it seemed like every other game a regular was falling out of the line up due to injuries.
It's almost laughable, and they're all different! It's not like it's bad training or exercise or conditioning....

But it steels the resolve of the team, and you get some nice surprises from the farm team. You quickly learn the depth of the organization.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Meniscus is just cartilage. It is not like it is a ligament which would be really serious. Does not seem like he should be out for the rest of the year.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Meniscus is just cartilage. It is not like it is a ligament which would be really serious. Does not seem like he should be out for the rest of the year.

He also has an ACL injury. It doesn’t say torn but if the meniscus is torn and the ACL is damaged it could be a long rehab.

I’m no doctor tho but it just seems to make sense to me lol

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
He also has an ACL injury. It doesn’t say torn but if the meniscus is torn and the ACL is damaged it could be a long rehab.

My understanding this is articular cartilage, not anterior cruciary ligament (ACL).

While I am not 100% sure on the timetable for cartilage, I would assume that this is more in line with a meniscus injury (surgery required because it doesn’t heal itself). I’d assume surgery and 3-4 weeks, like Korpi.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

It's articular cartilage, not ACL. It shouldn't be season ending but it will be a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad