Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

pled

Sep 7, 2009
what feel really bad about this is that they were almost all on ice incident. no like weird injury coming back or stuff. just lots of dirty or unlucky hockey.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
It seems clear that the Hockey gods are making their will known to us: in the 2020 draft we are getting the first pick !!!! It is the only explanation for this incredible string of injuries.

Oh by the way, Torts haters, with this string of injuries, Torts will not be held accountable for whatever are record winds up to be this year.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
The players' union would never let this happen. 99/100 times these types of hits and crosschecks are innocuous
I know. It reminds me of the diving situation. The league dragged it's feet for years before they did anything. Once an owner or GM brings this up, eventually something might happen, when enough of them get on board.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Bjork out is not good.

Much of the time, especially recently, he is our most dangerous player offensively.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Bjork out is not good.

Much of the time, especially recently, he is our most dangerous player offensively.

Yeah, he has the 4th-highest xGF% in the league and had put up 17 points in his last 17 games. Even when the points don't come, he's always on his game to me.

Hopefully he's on that Zach Werenski recovery timetable.

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Any word on Korpi yet?

hopefully he dodges the bullet like Lafreniere, his injury looked even worse

Nothing yet, but Matiss has already been called up, indicating Korpi will likely be out in the short term. I'm guessing multiple weeks (big limb to step out on, I know).

Hopefully he's on the Werenski recovery plan in terms of beating expectations on getting back.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Based on stated recovery times when the injuries occurred, here is when we should expect guys back:

-Atkinson (two to three weeks, unclear if that is from 12/19 or when he was placed on IR on 12/26): January 3rd to 17th
-Anderson (4-6 weeks as of 12/14): January 15th-ish
-Bemstrom (6-8 weeks as of 12/7): end of January
-Bjorkstrand (4-6 weeks as of 12/22): end of January
-Dubinsky: never?
-Milano: day-to-day, so possibly soon (I assume still going through concussion protocol?)
-Murray: week-to-week? Still?
-Nutivaara: has technically been "day-to-day" since 11/7, but that was before this new health problem/injury "happened," which I believe came after he started skating. No updated time table I can find.
-Peeke (4-6 weeks as of 12/17): mid-to-late January
-Korpisalo: unknown

So I'd expect the returns to go Milano, then Atkinson, then Anderson or Peeke, unless some of the less-updated injured players come back - like Nutivaara or Murray. I'm assuming Dubinsky is done since we've gotten no updates about being close or skating. I haven't seen anything about Nuti or Murray skating either. Don't know where Korpi is, but the team *might* be close to 100% by the All-Star Break assuming the hockey gods are done cursing this team?

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Scott is recalled. I always liked him but it needed lots of injuries for him to get a chance

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
He is basically Boone Jenner light. He is much improved on face offs since he has been here. He also brings a physical presence and the occasional goal or assist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad