2019-20 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We need to get the hell out of this division. Seriously. You're on the road for the first time this season for two weeks we're going from an early Thursday to Tuesday between games and yet to start the trip we had to somehow cram a back to back in it.

I'm not expecting us to look sharp vs Montreal with the layover

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
We need to get the hell out of this division. Seriously. You're on the road for the first time this season for two weeks we're going from an early Thursday to Tuesday between games and yet to start the trip we had to somehow cram a back to back in it.

I'm not expecting us to look sharp vs Montreal with the layover

What do you mean

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
Ya I agree Hedman won’t have to baby sit cernak! And shattenkirk can do his thing with mcdonagh covering

Cernak is arguably the worst D on the team right now.
If he plays like he did so far, babysitting he may need indeed.

Heres to hoping he finds back some of last year’s poise and finds consistency.

This teams needs a physical and effective Cernak.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

And everyone was ready to just pay cernak big money next year and label him a top 4 guys already! Even said he is much better then sergachev? I said wait settle down let’s see how Cernak does with a full nhl season!

Reactions: Still All In

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Watching this team for 5 games has anyone played good defense? Even Hedman stinks!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why are people whining about Cernak getting moved up when Shattenkirk started on the first pairing?

1st pairing looks much, much better now. McDonagh is more than enough to cover Shattenkirk's defensive deficiencies at ES.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Why are people whining about Cernak getting moved up when Shattenkirk started on the first pairing?

1st pairing looks much, much better now. McDonagh is more than enough to cover Shattenkirk's defensive deficiencies at ES.
What does that mean? You mean theoretically?

Reactions: Max McBolt

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018

The 1st pairing looks great, and maybe much better, and is also a paring that I would like to see, IF Cernak plays like last year’s version of himself.

It’s pretty clear we are commenting about Cernak’s current play.
He’s currently playing his worst hockey as a Bolt.

Should Cernak be ahead of Shattenkirk ?
I do believe so.

Has Cernak been playing better than Shattenkirk since preseason, or than any other defenseman ?
I do not believe so.

Regardless this move has nothing to do with Shattenkirk.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not too worried about Cernak just yet. Everybody on the team minus a couple of guys are playing well below their standard.

Hopefully a solid, stay-at-home partner will let Hedman off the leash. We've seen it happen before.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
Hopefully a solid, stay-at-home partner will let Hedman off the leash. We've seen it happen before.

I agree with this part.
And obviously Cernak will have to step up his game for this to work.

I am very high on Sergachev.
He is Top Pairing material and creates a lot of offense right now.

Regardless, he is not the ideal partner for Hedman.

Hedman should drive the transition play and offense from the 1st pairing, and Sergachev should do the same from the 2nd pairing.

This team should have either one on the ice as much as possible.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Cernak has mostly been great. A few mistakes here and there but he can clean it up. Offensively he does nothing though which could be a problem.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Cernak has mostly been great. A few mistakes here and there but he can clean it up. Offensively he does nothing though which could be a problem.
Nah he was trash against Ottawa.

But on paper those are the best D pairings we can ice. Let’s see what they got and hopefully they build some chemistry.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I like these pairings a lot, hopefully it gives Cernak a spark. He just doesn't appear to be moving quite as well as last season and isn't as assertive as usual. He looked huge (by no means out of shape, I know he's a big guy) in some of the offseason/training pics and I wonder if that bulkiness is affecting his mobility or something. He also tends to leave his feet far too early on plays such as the Ottawa goal, but at least that stuff is easily coachable.

It's too early to be worried just yet, but our right side may need some help in a few months if there's an actual regression here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad