2019-20 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Heavily imbibed input, but met and spoke with many Bolts fans here in the Keys. Laid back atmosphere, but we're not worried. Long season. We have great players
Well rounded. Basically, ready to crank it up when called upon. Enjoy the ride. That's the point.

That or just.... Wait check out that blonde on the dance floor (yes a chick, be right back)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Identity TB gets very little engagement. If we boost the Lightning views, it'll become a Lightning site.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
063495F1-87CF-439A-9B01-198C0D64DAC8.jpeg

Really makes you think

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So glad we kept gourde instead lol not

Miller will put up 60+ points in a scoring role, if Palat truly reverts back to form I'll eat crow but I've said it for a year now Miller will be the better going forward the secondary guys we kept in the same price range. We gave up a big bodied skilled player at 5.25m to keep Johnson and Gourde who are redundant with other small forwards on the team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Anthony Stewart just talked on Hockey Central at Noon about players creeping social media and forums to read about themselves. He specifically mentioned HF, and said all players do this.

To Steven Stamkos: I apologize for pretty much everything I said about you, 2014 - 2018. You, sir, have filled my mouth with crow.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Anthony Stewart just talked on Hockey Central at Noon about players creeping social media and forums to read about themselves. He specifically mentioned HF, and said all players do this.

To Steven Stamkos: I apologize for pretty much everything I said about you, 2014 - 2018. You, sir, have filled my mouth with crow.
So pretty much only Hedman would like me on the Lightning.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada

I don't think Palat liked the posts here very much last year lmao

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Ryan Callahan on Vasy and Hedman:

"With those two (Lundqvist and Vasilevskiy) their work ethic and compete, it's pretty much identical. Speaking of Vasilevskiy, I remember when he first got called up to the team, he was there before everybody else was. I know you hear this all the time, but it's the truth. He was there before everybody else was. Everybody left the rink, and he was still there. It got to the point where coaches and management had to pull him back and be like 'ya know you gotta get out of here. You're going to get burned out too quick at this level'. Some of the similarities of those two is the way they compete in practice too. You love scoring against them in practice because you can see how emotionally upset they'd actually be if you got one by them. It's just their compete level. Obviously both of them are very athletic, they're raw talents, and the way they play the game, their intangibles in the way they work, the way they compete, the way they take pride in every game, every loss. You know, you'd win games, you win it 5-4 and they're upset they let that 4th one in or the 3rd one in. They're always critiquing their game no matter how the team's doing which I think is a good attribute to have."

"I'll be honest, I didn't know how good Victor was until I played with him. I knew he was a good defenseman, and what he can do, but seeing him every night and his skating ability is what took me back so much. Obviously he's got the long reach, he's offensively talented, but there's so many times where he looks like he's out of a play and his skating ability brings him right back into it."

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With Palat looking like his old self, we could reunite the Triplets. That would leave Point and Stamkos to do some damage on another line. I feel like Point wouldn't defer to Stamkos as much as Kucherov, thus making both of them (Point and Stamkos) more dangerous overall. Point also has the grit to win board battles, which hasn't been Kucherov's game in recent years. Add Cirelli, and I think we'd have a very effective mix of grit and skill, and I think they'd produce. It would also leave opposing coaches in a situation where they can either focus on shutting down Point/Stamkos, or they can focus on shutting down Kucherov. I think over time they'd focus on Point and Stamkos, leaving the Triplets to eat up second pairings.

Stamkos - Point - Cirelli
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Killorn - Gourde - Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad