Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Im well aware of their cap situation. They would move out guys before they let Trouba go. Guys like Perreault and Kulikov.

The argument is for Stan to try. If you’re not arguing against that, and your argument is simply you don’t believe it will work, then we’re wasting effort typing all this.

OutsideLookingIn

Feb 9, 2010
I don't think trouba will sign a offer sheet at all. He's played hardball every time with Winnepeg and has taken them year to year the last few. In my mind he will do it once more and then hit free agency.
Plus I would have no interest in giving up picks to get him.
If he wants out, he won't sign an offer sheet and give the Jets a chance to match. If he want to go to Chicago or any other team, he'll be free to negotiate a contract once he is an RFA. Overhardt will tell the Jets that this is the only team he will sign with long-term. He will get traded there, traded to a contender or go to arbitration and play the year out as the Jets rental.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't think trouba will sign a offer sheet at all. He's played hardball every time with Winnepeg and has taken them year to year the last few. In my mind he will do it once more and then hit free agency.
Plus I would have no interest in giving up picks to get him.

To quote what @Styles said, “Guys like him don’t grow on trees and you usually only get one through the draft.”

That’s why I’d be willing to give up picks to get him. That’s also why I hope Stan makes the attempt.

Sure, there’s maybe a 10-20% chance we actually get him, but that’s a hell of a lot higher than the 0% chance that comes from not trying at all.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

To quote what @Styles said,
“Guys like him don’t grow on trees and you usually only get one through the draft.”

That’s why I’d be willing to give up picks to get him. That’s also why I hope Stan makes the attempt.

Sure, there’s maybe a 10-20% chance we actually get him, but
that’s a hell of a lot higher than the 0% chance that comes from not trying at all.

If they do it and get him then I'll be on board with it smiling.
Always am regardless of moves they make I like or don't.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I hope we can build a 4th line like the islanders. Martin, cizikas and clutterbuck is such a weapon when theyre on the ice

The Islanders are in their playoff cup window now for sure. But like all others, it will soon close. Winning = Guys want to get paid when their contracts are up.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Pretty similar to Vegas’s fourth line too, right?
Not as fimiliar with vegas' 4th line. Reaves and Carpenter im guessing but who else? They definitely have the physicality down but the isles 4th lines ability in the offensive zone is something else
Edit- just checked their GDT, nosek, bellemare and reaves is a pretty food 4th line. Like i said though im not too fimiliar with them. I know nosek is pretty good, and bellemare was damn good in last years playoffs but thats about it. Reaves is reaves. Im watching the knights panthers game now so hopefully learn a little about how they play qnd their usage

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Not as fimiliar with vegas' 4th line. Reaves and Carpenter im guessing but who else? They definitely have the physicality down but the isles 4th lines ability in the offensive zone is something else
Edit- just checked their GDT, nosek, bellemare and reaves is a pretty food 4th line. Like i said though im not too fimiliar with them. I know nosek is pretty good, and bellemare was damn good in last years playoffs but thats about it. Reaves is reaves. Im watching the knights panthers game now so hopefully learn a little about how they play qnd their usage

It’s usually Carrier over Nosek. Reaves and Carrier hit more than any forward in the league while still being productive for a fourth line

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

They also have Carrier, who is hurt right now and gets like 8 hits a game, unreal.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Gotcha. Yeah thats definitely the ideal model for a 4th line, very physical, solid defensively and can chip in a fair amount offensively.
Desjardins-kruger-Shaw in 15 was great

I feel like Caggiula could be that kind of guy if we get a Ferland-type for Toews and Kane. Then sign Tanev.

Caggiula-Highmore/Barrett-Tanev?

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I feel like Caggiula could be that kind of guy if we get a Ferland-type for Toews and Kane. Then sign Tanev.

Caggiula-Highmore/Barrett-Tanev?
Ferland is an interesting idea but im not sure I would like him on a long term contract. His play style tend to wear down alot faster. Our options are limited however.
Is Tanev a ufa this year? I could see us taking a long look at him if they dont believe mitchell or Boqvist will be up at any point during next year. Then we would have Joki(hopefully he doesnt spend any time in AHL next year), Murphy, Seabs and Tanev all RD. Other 2 would have to be Keith and Gus ofcourse

I just wrote all that out im such an idiot. Brandon tanev. Brandon. Yes im a fan of brandon tanev, would love him in our bottom 6 in general.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Ferland is an interesting idea but im not sure I would like him on a long term contract. His play style tend to wear down alot faster. Our options are limited however.
Is Tanev a ufa this year? I could see us taking a long look at him if they dont believe mitchell or Boqvist will be up at any point during next year. Then we would have Joki(hopefully he doesnt spend any time in AHL next year), Murphy, Seabs and Tanev all RD. Other 2 would have to be Keith and Gus ofcourse

Ya, long term with Ferland isn’t ideal because of the reasons you mentioned. I’d love him at three years though, if possible.

And by Tanev, I meant the Winnipeg forward. Sorry, I should’ve clarified. He’s a guy who plays like a more aggressive Caggiula.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Ya, long term with Ferland isn’t ideal because of the reasons you mentioned. I’d love him at three years though, if possible.

And by Tanev, I meant the Winnipeg forward. Sorry, I should’ve clarified. He’s a guy who plays like a more aggressive Caggiula.
Yeah i didnt realize until after i posted it :laugh:. Tanev would be a great addition. If we also add Barrett and someone to replace Caggiula in top 6 so he could play bottom 6 that would make us a much better team. Ferland at 3 years would be great, if he doesnt work out in top 6 then bottom 6 is perfectly suited for his play style

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I wouldn’t say main target, but ideal fourth line target. You can’t overspend on a fourth liner unless it’s on a year-to-year basis contingent on the space you have available

I was thinking a physical player like that is going to want term more than AAV. 2.5-3M x 4 or 5 years. He is great on the PK so more of a 3rd liner IMO.

Last edited:

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I wouldn’t say main target, but ideal fourth line target. You can’t overspend on a fourth liner unless it’s on a year-to-year basis contingent on the space you have available
Very important whoever stan signs this offseason he makes it a good contract. Dcat and strome extensions we will have to have money left in our bag, id say 10 million combined would be best scenario possible but the way theyre playing they could end up getting 15 combined. That pretty much cancels out possibility of panarin. Especially considering the kids (Boq, Mitchell, Joki, Beaudin) will need contracts far down the road

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Lee/Dzingal/Nelson-Toews-Kane
debrincat-Strome-kahun
saad-Kurashev-Sikura
Cagguila-Kampf-highmore/Kubilik/Perlini/whoever makes the club

who the f*** knows on D but likely players could include; I think Stan shakes up the D with trades and a UFA in the offseason, and hopefully Seabs is nothing more than a 7D

keith
joker
Seabrook
Murphy
Gus
Forsling
Kookoo
dahlstrom
mitchel

Casey DeSmith
Crow/Delia

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He has missed nine of Carolina’s games, that doesn’t seem like a ton or enough to say injury prone

seems like a shitload more than that, christ everytime I went to my fantasy lineup recently he is day to day it seems, I dumped his ass just for that reason, I would prefer the likes of Lee/Dzingal/Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad