Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It is called context, and specificity. Neither of which you seem to grasp in your replies here. The context was everyone talking about his ankle healing. Your lack of specificity in responding with "when he is completely healed", in addressing a statement about an ankle injury, implies that you are speaking to the same thing as everyone else. This is general reading comprehension.
It started with ChiHawks mentioning how he left the game ..it was with a GROIN INJURY. I responded to that saying he will be fine once it (the groin) heals. Then you responded and I basically repeated myself without saying the word groin because I didn't really care to read what you were saying. That's what I was talking about. Everything that happened after that is completely irrelevant to that specific conversation. Sorry if you (and others) misunderstood it. It's not always easy on a message board to get across what you mean in every post you make.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am now firmly in the we should not go after any of the big name free agents.

I would sign Dzingel, keep Saad, and let the talent develop.

88-19-91
12-17-RD
20-24-DK
95-64-Highmore

DK= Kubalik

Flex Saad up to the top line when needed.

2-JT
56-28
5-IM

D is harder to put pairs together. I want to offer sheet Trouba but if you do that you might need to move Keith, Murphy, or Gus.

Edit: Just a start.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

88-19-91
12-17-RD
20-24-DK
95-64-Highmore

DK= Kubalik

2-JT
56-28
5-IM

D is harder to put pairs together. I want to offer sheet Trouba but if you do that you might need to move Keith, Murphy, or Gus.

I think we’re almost on the same exact page here, but I’m not sure about Kahun as the 3C.

I’d like to see him prove he’s an NHL center this season before fully committing to it.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

88-19-91
12-17-RD
20-24-DK
95-64-Highmore

DK= Kubalik

2-JT
56-28
5-IM

I think we’re almost on the same exact page here, but I’m not sure about Kahun as the 3C.

I’d like to see him prove he’s an NHL center this season before fully committing to it.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019

88-19-91
12-17-RD
20-24-DK
95-64-Highmore

DK= Kubalik

2-JT
56-28
5-IM

I think this is a fairly realistic roster. I'm with you in that the more I think about it the more I believe that getting a mid-range UFA is better than buying one of the top ones because the latter scenario would kill our cap flexibility. Offer sheeting Trouba could make sense if we move out Murphy, but I just don't see how you can structure that contract so that it doesn't cost you two 1st round picks. I like Trouba, but he isn't worth two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Trouba, Lee and let the kids develop.

Lee - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Saad
Kubalik - Kahun - Sikura
Caggiula - Kampf - Barratt

Keith - Trouba
Gustafsson - Jokiharju
Murphy - Mitchell

I’d be super fine with that. I think Lee could be had if he goes to free agency. Doubt he will but man can dream. He’ll probably cost too much though.

Duchene is fine too. He and Trouba for $16 mil is good.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think this is a fairly realistic roster. I'm with you in that the more I think about it the more I believe that getting a mid-range UFA is better than buying one of the top ones because the latter scenario would kill our cap flexibility. Offer sheeting Trouba could make sense if we move out Murphy, but I just don't see how you can structure that contract so that it doesn't cost you two 1st round picks. I like Trouba, but he isn't worth two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd.

I am not paying him that much.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I don’t see a world that we offer sheet Trouba without the Jets matching.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I don't think trouba will sign a offer sheet at all. He's played hardball every time with Winnepeg and has taken them year to year the last few. In my mind he will do it once more and then hit free agency.
Plus I would have no interest in giving up picks to get him.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
better have a solid #7 dman if you get Trouba because he sure is hurt alot

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Because GMs don’t like burning bridges just for the hell of it.

Can’t stand that mentality. How has Stan’s and Chevy’s personal relationship benefited the Blackhawks?

That’s like a political reporter holding back a negative story on a politician in hopes of a big and exclusive interview. That big exclusive never comes, so just do the job.

The political reporter’s job is to cover the politican fairly, good or bad news. Stan’s job is to do what he can to improve the Blackhawks, not be friends with Chevy.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Can’t stand that mentality. How has Stan’s and Chevy’s personal relationship benefited the Blackhawks?

That’s like a political reporter holding back a negative story on a politician in hopes of a big and exclusive interview. That big exclusive never comes, so just do the job.

The political reporter’s job is to cover the politican fairly, good or bad news. Stan’s job is to do what he can to improve the Blackhawks, not be friends with Chevy.

You can spin it however you want but the fact still stands that offer sheets rarely happen and I wouldn’t base a future roster off one. The Jets will match and thank us for locking Trouba up for them. Guys like him don’t grow on trees and you usually only get one through the draft. Offer sheets are pointless because teams will always match to keep their home grown talent and figure out the cap later. If they need to move out salary they have other avenues to do so to retain him.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You can spin it however you want but the fact still stands that offer sheets rarely happen and I wouldn’t base a future roster off one. The Jets will match and thank us for locking Trouba up for them. Guys like him don’t grow on trees and you usually only get one through the draft. Offer sheets are pointless because teams will always match to keep their home grown talent and figure out the cap later. If they need to move out salary they have other avenues to do so to retain him.

Teams won’t always match, you’re wrong.

Why would Winnipeg thank us for pushing Trouba’s salary higher than they initially wanted to pay? They’d only be matching if Trouba decided he liked the Hawks’ offer better. I don’t understand how that is good for Winnipeg.

Also, nobody is basing a full roster around this fantasy idea. People are saying they HOPE Stan TRIES to get him, and if Stan is successful then that’s what the roster would look like.

I really don’t understand your pushback on this, it’s a no lose situation.

It’s like you’re weirdly concerned about Stan’s and Chevy’s personal relationship/friendship.

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I really don’t understand your pushback on this, it’s a no lose situation.

Push back on just living in the reality of how NHL GMs operate? I would be fine with them offer sheeting Trouba. I just don’t think we’d get him with one is all I’m saying.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Push back on just living in the reality of how NHL GMs operate? I would be fine with them offer sheeting Trouba. I just don’t think we’d get him with one is all I’m saying.

You do realize not every offer sheet attempt is made public, right?

There’s no way of knowing exactly how common or uncommon offer sheet attempts are.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
You do realize not every offer sheet attempt is made public, right?

There’s no way of knowing exactly how common or uncommon offer sheet attempts are.

The goal is to have the player sign it and get said player. How many times does that happen? Never. Who cares how many offer sheets are unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad