Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
seems like a ****load more than that, christ everytime I went to my fantasy lineup recently he is day to day it seems, I dumped his ass just for that reason, I would prefer the likes of Lee/Dzingal/Nelson

Dzingel and Lee are intriguing options next to Toews and Kane.

I look at other elite center-wing combos in the league, and see they’ve had good success with guys who are really physical.

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Hyman-Tavares-Marner

Last year:
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Ferland-Monahan-Gaudreau

It just seems like the Wilson/Hyman/Ferland-type is the ideal compliment to a Toews-Kane lane.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Trade Anisimov and our 1st round pick for Kadri and Kapanen (only if we don't have a top-5 pick)
Sign UFA Dzingel

Dzingel - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kahun
Saad - Kadri - Kapenen
Caggiula - Kampf - Kubolic/Perlini

Keith - Jokiharju
Koekkoek - Murphy
Gustafsson - Seabrook

Crawford
Delia

Reactions: OTC

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Trade Anisimov and our 1st round pick for Kadri and Kapanen (only if we don't have a top-5 pick)
Sign UFA Dzingel

Dzingel - Toews - Kane
Saad - Kadri - Kapenen
Caggiula - Kampf - Kubolic/Perlini

Keith - Jokiharju
Koekkoek - Murphy
Gustafsson - Seabrook

Crawford
Delia
Uhhh, What? Why would the Leafs do that?

Reactions: Idionym

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I’d like to see if we can do the same thing to Winnipeg that Columbus did to us with the Saad situation years ago. Winnipeg is really going to have their back to the wall with the cap situation so we should try to take advantage. Tell them we’re preparing an offer sheet for Trouba but we can give them a player and a further along prospect that can help now instead of all picks. Build something around Murphy or Saad. Can probably work in a Saad retention to sweeten the pot

Murphy/Saad + Krys + 2020 conditional 1st?
Murphy/Saad + Beaudin +?

I really like Trouba. He’s a top pairing guy right now and is still young enough to fit in with this team. He’d be a huge get for us.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’d like to see if we can do the same thing to Winnipeg that Columbus did to us with the Saad situation years ago. Winnipeg is really going to have their back to the wall with the cap situation so we should try to take advantage. Tell them we’re preparing an offer sheet for Trouba but we can give them a player and a further along prospect that can help now instead of all picks. Build something around Murphy or Saad. Can probably work in a Saad retention to sweeten the pot

Murphy/Saad + Krys + 2020 conditional 1st?
Murphy/Saad + Beaudin +?

I really like Trouba. He’s a top pairing guy right now and is still young enough to fit in with this team. He’d be a huge get for us.

Moving Murphy for Trouba is an upgrade, but we are not addressing the problem. The problem being a missing top 4 defenseman.

I would also argue that getting Trouba and losing Saad and Murphy makes this team worse.

Reactions: Esq

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Moving Murphy for Trouba is an upgrade, but we are not addressing the problem. The problem being a missing top 4 defenseman.

I would also argue that getting Trouba and losing Saad and Murphy makes this team worse.
It was Saad or Murphy. One of those two + the futures it would take.

I don’t think it would completely address the problem but it would be a very significant step in the right direction as it would slide everyone else a bit further down the chart to positions their more suited for. It would give us a legitimate top pairing which would help these young kids ease into the league as they won’t have to be top pairing guys right away for this team to have some success.

There really isn’t just one move we can make that’s going to completely address the problem. Just gotta keep building with the right pieces. Trouba very well could be one of those pieces and I would love to take advantage of a team that’s going to have a world of cap problems this offseason to get him.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why the hell do people keep talking about Trouba? Jack Hughes has a better chance of being a Hawk next season, despite the Hawks working themselves out of the bottom 5.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Why the hell do people keep talking about Trouba? Jack Hughes has a better chance of being a Hawk next season, despite the Hawks working themselves out of the bottom 5.

... because he’s one of the best defenseman that may be avalible in the offseason and we’re fans of a team that has one of the worst defenses in the NHL?

I still see Jokiharju for Nylander proposed on here a lot more and that’s even less likely imo. No matter how likely it is, Trouba is damn good and is worth discussing and kicking the tires on.

Edit - available was probably the wrong term. His name has come up in trade discussions and he’s an RFA on a team that’s going to have a lot of cap issues this summer.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hawks should go after Fowler or Lindholm from the Ducks. They are awful and have 70 mil committed to 16 players for next year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
look at the amount of cap that is taken up on some of these teams in the West...Ducks, Kings, Oilers, Wild are all a long way away from winning with not much room to add or maneuver...blah....

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
... because he’s one of the best defenseman that may be avalible in the offseason and we’re fans of a team that has one of the worst defenses in the NHL?

I still see Jokiharju for Nylander proposed on here a lot more and that’s even less likely imo. No matter how likely it is, Trouba is damn good and is worth discussing and kicking the tires on.

Edit - available was probably the wrong term. His name has come up in trade discussions and he’s an RFA on a team that’s going to have a lot of cap issues this summer.
Kevin Musto is the only guy continually talking about a Joki/Nylander trade and it's driving people insane here. And that doesn't excuse people from continually talking about acquiring a top player from a divisional foe. Hawks and Jets may have a recent history, but they haven't ever traded a guy as big as Trouba (Hawks traded Buff and Ladd when the Jets were still the Thrashers, and Ladd was traded back to us when he was a rental we couldn't afford to re-acquire).

And don't get me started on offer sheeting him...

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Dzingel and Lee are intriguing options next to Toews and Kane.

I look at other elite center-wing combos in the league, and see they’ve had good success with guys who are really physical.

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Hyman-Tavares-Marner

Last year:
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Ferland-Monahan-Gaudreau

It just seems like the Wilson/Hyman/Ferland-type is the ideal compliment to a Toews-Kane lane.
I have been saying this guys name a bit more and more, but Brock Nelson would be an ideal fit on that Toews/Kane line.

Nelson has been so consistent over his career, never really tearing it up but just a worker bee that works hard along the boards, crashes the net and can play center or wing...Nelson had a bad year last year, the entire damn Isles did, but at 27 years old we could likely get him for 4 years at $4.5-5.5 mil..put him with Kane and he jumps from his normal 20-25 goals IMO...

I would really entertain looking at him IF Dzingel signs in CBJ... Nelson would allow us to drop Caggiula down the lineup which automatically helps that 4th line alone.

Reactions: Kdotsection88

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I’d rather Jokiharju or Mitchell be traded for Kapanen than Nylander.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I have been saying this guys name a bit more and more, but Brock Nelson would be an ideal fit on that Toews/Kane line.

Nelson has been so consistent over his career, never really tearing it up but just a worker bee that works hard along the boards, crashes the net and can play center or wing...Nelson had a bad year last year, the entire damn Isles did, but at 27 years old we could likely get him for 4 years at $4.5-5.5 mil..put him with Kane and he jumps from his normal 20-25 goals IMO...

I would really entertain looking at him IF Dzingel signs in CBJ... Nelson would allow us to drop Caggiula down the lineup which automatically helps that 4th line alone.

That’s an intriguing name too.

Do we consider just moving Saad up to Toews and Kane, dropping Caggiula to the fourth line to be our version of Tanev, then backfill the third line through free agency?

Looks like we’ll get a chance to see how Saad does with Toews and Kane for a bit.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
That’s an intriguing name too.

Do we consider just moving Saad up to Toews and Kane, dropping Caggiula to the fourth line to be our version of Tanev, then backfill the third line through free agency?

Looks like we’ll get a chance to see how Saad does with Toews and Kane for a bit.

I just am not sure if Saad fits well with those two, he has been tried there before with Toews and looked meh...so maybe this version of Saad can do that, and I am fine with that option...just know that your 3rd line UFA isn't going to come cheap either...Tanev would be my go to guy as well, so if you want to move Sadd to 1LW, Tanev would definitely be my target for 3rd/4th line with Caggiula..

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Fixing the lack of two-way forwards, and the defensive philosophy of the forwards in general, is going to do more for this defense than any single defensive addition....

See: New York Islanders

Trading Saad is silly, as they need MORE guys like him, not less. Yes, he's inconsistent, but when he wants to be, he's a damn good two-way forward. He should be a staple on the top PK unit, too.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Fixing the lack of two-way forwards, and the defensive philosophy of the forwards in general, is going to do more for this defense than any single defensive addition....

See: New York Islanders

Trading Saad is silly, as they need MORE guys like him, not less. Yes, he's inconsistent, but when he wants to be, he's a damn good two-way forward. He should be a staple on the top PK unit, too.
Agree.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I just am not sure if Saad fits well with those two, he has been tried there before with Toews and looked meh...so maybe this version of Saad can do that, and I am fine with that option...just know that your 3rd line UFA isn't going to come cheap either...Tanev would be my go to guy as well, so if you want to move Sadd to 1LW, Tanev would definitely be my target for 3rd/4th line with Caggiula..
I think a big reason that Saad and Toews have struggled together is they haven't been paired with a shooter on Saad's opposite wing since he's returned from his long trip to Columbus. Neither Saad or Toews have lethal shots (they score a lot of goals in close), but when they had Hossa on his off-wing with his killer shot, it gave them an option that wouldn't otherwise have been available. They played better for a bit with DeBrincat because the Cat has such a lethal shot as well.

Kane is a shooter just as much as he is a playmaker. Having him on the right side makes that pairing of Saad and Toews work.

Moving Saad into our top 6 hurts our depth, but he does help the top 6 a fair amount.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Brock Nelson would be a guy I would be happy with.

Ferland is another, assuming he's not asking for crazy money.

Filppula on a short, reasonable contract would not be bad, either.

Tanev as well.

You could see what Tampa wants for one of the forwards they are going to have to move too. They are in a pretty big cap crunch.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Brock Nelson would be a guy I would be happy with.

Ferland is another, assuming he's not asking for crazy money.

Filppula on a short, reasonable contract would not be bad, either.

Tanev as well.

You could see what Tampa wants for one of the forwards they are going to have to move too. They are in a pretty big cap crunch.

Bottom-6 of:

Ferland-Filppula-Nelson
Caggiula-Kampf-Tanev

Saad up with Toews and Kane, DeBrincat and Strome get the soft zone starts.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This team is much, much, much better if you end up with something like that.

Pittsburgh is another team that needs to move salary next season. There will be good forwards available. Just have to find the right guys.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bottom-6 of:

Ferland-Filppula-Nelson
Caggiula-Kampf-Tanev

Saad up with Toews and Kane, DeBrincat and Strome get the soft zone starts.
thats a lot of $$$ on the third and 4th lines...

Nelson - Toews - Kane
Saad - Anisimov - Tanev
Caggiula - Kampf - Barratt

realistic group there, you can move AA at this draft or next trade deadline, we have 20 plus mil to play with plus him...

Reactions: Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia