Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
IDK if Nylander is the piece but Stan needs to aggressively add to the roster. It makes a ton of sense to make a hockey trade for a top line winger thats young and a piece for now and in future. Could be Huburdeau. Hoffman makes sense as well for right price. I’m sure others become available between now and draft.

I don’t think he does need to aggressively add more high-end forwards. We have three first line forwards already, and Strome is currently producing like a fourth first line forward (unknown if that will keep up). We also have Saad who is producing like a good second liner.

That’s five guys producing like top-6 players, and Kane is producing way more than a typical first liner.

Our top end scoring talent/production is already comparable to almost every other contender.

Last edited:
Reactions: Idionym

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hoffman will be the ideal selection, a sniper whose team wants to trade him.

Using the Jeff Skinner trade as a baseline.

Chicago: Mike Hoffman
Florida: Dylan Sikura, 2019 2nd

DeBrincat-Toews-Hoffman
Panarin-Strome-Kane
Saad-Barratt-Kahun
Caggiula-Kampf-Hayden
Kubliak/Perlini

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I don’t think he does need to aggressively add more high-end forwards. We have three first line forwards already, and Strome is currently producing like a fourth first line forward (unknown if that will keep up). We also have Saad who is producing like a good second liner.

That’s five guys producing like top-6 players, and Kane is producing way more than a typical first liner.

Our top end scoring talent/production is already comparable to almost every other competitor.

Every cup winning team the Hawks had included a very deep forward group. Their 3rd/4th lines being good top 6/top 9 lines gave them a massive edge.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Using the Jeff Skinner trade as a baseline.

Chicago: Mike Hoffman
Florida: Dylan Sikura, 2019 2nd

DeBrincat-Toews-Hoffman
Panarin-Strome-Kane
Saad-Barratt-Kahun
Caggiula-Kampf-Hayden
Kubliak/Perlini
as i said the other day, i do not have that intellect/brain power to judge these trade ideas.

but again do you think that is enuf of a pkg ?? remember other teams may get into a bidding war for his services.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Every cup winning team the Hawks had included a very deep forward group. Their 3rd/4th lines being good top 6/top 9 lines gave them a massive edge.

Yes, so go get more top 9 guys to fill out the bottom 6. You can get multiple of them for less than paying Panarin, that’s my argument.

Spend on the bottom-6 because I think the Hawks already have the horses in the top-6.

We have the cap space to create two really good third lines in our bottom-6, I think we should focus on doing that rather than trying to spend on one single high-end forward

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
as i said the other day, i do not have that intellect/brain power to judge these trade ideas.

but again do you think that is enuf of a pkg ?? remember other teams may get into a bidding war for his services.

He will only have a year of service left. That package already feels like the most Stan should ever consider for Hoffman.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

very true, all teams want a solid 3 lines. however they can survive on 2 1/3 lines hitting on all cylinders.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I don't think this team needs to break the bank for wingers. We should just add 2-3 middle 6'ers and then we'd have a really good forward lineup. I would say 2- of: Ferland, Silfverberg, Dzingel, Donskoi:

Ferland/Dzingel-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-AA-Donskoi/Silfverberg
Kubliak-Kampf-Caggiula
Hayden

That's assuming no rookies come in (Barratt or whoever we draft).

That's a more balanced, and cheaper, lineup than if we just break the bank on Panarin or stone, and it'll come with less term/more flexibility. We need to spend more on D, not forwards.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't think this team needs to break the bank for wingers. We should just add 2-3 middle 6'ers and then we'd have a really good forward lineup. I would say 2- of: Ferland, Silfverberg, Dzingel, Donskoi:

Cat-Strome-Kahun
Kubliak-Kampf-Caggiula
Hayden

That's a more balanced, and cheaper, lineup than if we just break the bank on Panarin or stone, and it'll come with less term/more flexibility. We need to spend more on D, not forwards.

that is a realistic pov.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yes, so go get more top 9 guys to fill out the bottom 6. You can get multiple of them for less than paying Panarin, that’s my argument.

Spend on the bottom-6 because I think the Hawks already have the horses in the top-6.

Its a dangerous game imo to pay for good bottom 6 players in free agency imo. Rather pay fair value for Panarin then pay some depth guy like Stalberg 3m per.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Cat-Strome-Kahun
Kubliak-Kampf-Caggiula
Hayden

Ya, it’s eaiser to come up with a really solid all-around lineup when you can add multiple guys instead of just 1 Panarin.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Also more important and more necessary than adding another high-end forward.

The thing is the Hawks have high end defense coming. They have nothing in pipeline at forward outside of Kurashev and Entwhistle. So why not add what they don’t have coming?

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Its a dangerous game imo to pay for good bottom 6 players in free agency imo. Rather pay fair value for Panarin then pay some depth guy like Stalberg 3m per.

I don’t think you need to sign bottom 6 guys for as long of a term, and if you really want a good one, we’re in position to slightly overpay in exchange for a shorter term.

I think that’s the better way to go, because it creates a more balanced lineup while allowing us to have more flexibility.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
again neglecting the need on the defense.

i too am a fan of getting a good fa. the problem is, this team is stack and a top 6 player will be a middle 6 player with the Bhawks.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Paying for depth guys in free agency is how you end up with Beleskey, Stalberg, Reaves types at 3m+ and they do absolutely nothing after.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The thing is the Hawks have high end defense coming. They have nothing in pipeline at forward outside of Kurashev and Entwhistle. So why not add what they don’t have coming?
are we talking about playoff time ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Paying for depth guys in free agency is how you end up with Beleskey, Stalberg, Reaves types at 3m+ and they do absolutely nothing after.
again you are talking about after the playoff......

then again i may be wrong.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

We don’t have the high end offensive prospects in the pipeline because they’re already in the NHL, and will be for years to come.

I have no problem drafting a talented offensive prospect to put in the pipeline, but you don’t need to spend 10-11 million on Panarin just because you don’t have an elite forward in the pipeline at the moment.

I just don’t see the urgency to go and get another mega contract guy when we have contender-level offensive production from our top forwards. It’s the bottom-6 and the defense that are keeping this team out of the NHL’s elite tier

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago

How is it more dangerous to pay a guy 3x3 or something than to pay one guy 10x8? There are many more scenarios where the 10x8 is gonna bite you in the ass than a few 3x3.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Counter intutive but sometimes the players that get the most money/term in free agency are the safetest bets. Panarin at 10m per for 7 years is a safer bet than paying Dzingel, Silverberg, Ferland 10m collectively between say 2 players. Add Stone to that mix with Panarin. Paying big money for good but not great players is a disaster in the making.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
How is it more dangerous to pay a guy 3x3 or something than to pay one guy 10x8? There are many more scenarios where the 10x8 is gonna bite you in the ass than a few 3x3.

Well ya, but to assume that risk is always correlated with contract duration and amount is just wrong. If Kane was a free agent this July paying him 10x8 would be a safer bet imo than Dzingel and Silverberg at 6x5 collectively or whatever they’ll get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad