Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Hawks won’t be addressing D externally. Thats extremely likely. And I already stated that upgrading the top 6 is a way to upgrade the bottom 6. When you force Saad and Caggiula down the lineup, add Evan Barratt etc, that will improve the bottom 6.

It’s a way, sure. But as @Pez68 pointed out, it’s likely a very ineffective way that won’t have much positive impact.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It’s a way, sure. But as @Pez68 pointed out, it’s likely a very ineffective way that won’t have much positive impact.

So let me get this straight. A month ago Saad and Anisimov were paid too much to play bottom 6 minutes but now there’s suggestions to pay depth guys 5+ to play bottom 6 minutes? Wheres the disconnect here...depth UFA is rarely a bargin. You pay a full price or more. Ask Philly what they’d rather have...JvR and 4mil space cap or Tavares at 11....UFA land is where depth guys like Reaves get almost 4 per

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
So let me get this straight. A month ago Saad and Anisimov were paid too much to play bottom 6 minutes but now there’s suggestions to pay depth guys 5+ to play bottom 6 minutes? Wheres the disconnect here...depth UFA is rarely a bargin. You pay a full price or more. Ask Philly what they’d rather have...JvR and 4mil space cap or Tavares at 11....UFA land is where depth guys like Reaves get almost 4 per

-Bottom-6 is where the problems are
-Nobody is saying pay $5 million for a single bottom-6 guy
-Signing Panarin and pushing Caggiula into the bottom-6 doesn't come close to solving the problems
-Signing Panarin for $10-11 million puts the team closer to a cap crunch while not solving any if its top problems
-Top-6 offensive production is already on par with almost every other Cup contender

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
-Bottom-6 is where the problems are
-Nobody is saying pay $5 million for a single bottom-6 guy
-Signing Panarin and pushing Caggiula into the bottom-6 doesn't come close to solving the problems
-Signing Panarin for $10-11 million puts the team closer to a cap crunch while not solving any if its top problems
-Top-6 offensive production is already on par with almost every other Cup contender

So who are you proposing to add to bottom 6 and at what cost

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Pretty much anyone who will play a strong two-way game, and will sign for a reasonable contract.

That doesn't mean sign a JVR type, not sure why you used him as a example.

The names thrown out in thread earlier - Dzingel, Silverberg, Ferland, etc are all getting 5+ on open market. Players like Reaves got almost 4. Kruger was overpaid UFA depth. Its hard to get reasonable contracts for depth on July 1st.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
for 2019-20

Hawks at this deadline make the following trades:

Brendan Perlini
Artem Anisimov

for

Andre Burakovsky

Gus Forsling
Dylan Sikura

for

Ryan Dzingel

2019-20 roster:

Dzingel - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kahun
Saad - Burakovsky - Kurashev
Caggiula - Barratt - Kampf
Hayden/Kubalik/Highmore

Gustafsson - Joker
Keith - Mitchell
Dahlstrom - Murphy
Seabs/Boqvist

Crow
Delia

That is a much better team overall with a 4th line that can at least skate and put pressure on....a bit young, but we need to get younger to make this thing work - I really like this group and that 3rd line could be something to watch. the defense is what it is right now, we need Joker and either Mitchell/Boqvist to make a big jump for us next year...

Reactions: Idionym

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The names thrown out in thread earlier - Dzingel, Silverberg, Ferland, etc are all getting 5+ on open market. Players like Reaves got almost 4. Kruger was overpaid UFA depth.

Reaves is on a 2-year deal at $2.775 million. That's not almost 4, and that's certainly not a contract that handcuffs you longterm.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Maybe instead of signing a big ticket UFA, we should take some salary dumps (with 1 yr left) to acquire additional picks/prospects

Examples -
Callahan from TBL (attach Raddysh + pick)
Brown from TOR (has multiple yrs, but a good bottom 6er)
Pysyk from FLA
Frolik from CGY
M.Karlsson from SJS

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
for 2019-20

Brendan Perlini
Artem Anisimov

for

Andre Burakovsky

Gus Forsling
Dylan Sikura

for

Ryan Dzingel

2019-20 roster:

Dzingel - Toews - Kane
Hayden/Kubalik/Highmore

Gustafsson - Joker
Keith - Mitchell
Dahlstrom - Murphy
Seabs/Boqvist

Crow
Delia

That is a much better team overall with a 4th line that can at least skate and put pressure on....a bit young, but we need to get younger to make this thing work - I really like this group and that 3rd line could be something to watch. the defense is what it is right now, we need Joker and either Mitchell/Boqvist to make a big jump for us next year...

This is a bold lineup.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Reaves is on a 2-year deal at $2.775 million. That's not almost 4, and that's certainly not a contract that handcuffs you longterm.

Thought he was at 3.775. Point remains, he’s overpaid and not worth 3 million. On average the UFA market is not the place to find reasonable contracts for depth.

I mean I guess the Hawks should’ve extended Havlat over Hossa given term and dollars. No Hossa and Hawks don’t deal with cap scenario summer 2010.

Also, PPG players at fair value don’t handcuff teams.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
for 2019-20

Brendan Perlini
Artem Anisimov

for

Andre Burakovsky

Gus Forsling
Dylan Sikura

for

Ryan Dzingel

2019-20 roster:

Dzingel - Toews - Kane
Hayden/Kubalik/Highmore

Gustafsson - Joker
Keith - Mitchell
Dahlstrom - Murphy
Seabs/Boqvist

Crow
Delia

This would be a good scenario should Panarin and Stone pass on Hawks.

Reactions: AmericanDream

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Thought he was at 3.775. Point remains, he’s overpaid and not worth 3 million. On average the UFA market is not the place to find reasonable contracts for depth.

I mean I guess the Hawks should’ve extended Havlat over Hossa given term and dollars. No Hossa and Hawks don’t deal with cap scenario summer 2010.

Hossa, a two-way monster for less than $6 million is significantly different than adding a third $10 million + forward who doesn't make a significant impact in the defensive zone.

Signing Panarin this offseason isn't the same as the Hossa signing.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Hossa, a two-way monster for less than $6 million is significantly different than adding a third $10 million + forward who doesn't make a significant impact in the defensive zone.

Signing Panarin this offseason isn't the same as the Hossa signing.

Panarin isn't that bad in his D-zone since hes left chicago, def not as bad as Kane.. He should still have a reliable C on his line (like AA), but if they sign him, I wouldn't want to see the Party Line again.

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Panarin-AA-Saad
Cat-Strome-Kahun
xxxx-Kampf-xxxx

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Panarin isn't that bad in his D-zone since hes left chicago, def not as bad as Kane.. He should still have a reliable C on his line (like AA), but if they sign him, I wouldn't want to see the Party Line again.

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Panarin-AA-Saad
Cat-Strome-Kahun
xxxx-Kampf-xxxx

If we’re talking about signing Panarin so we can push our entire second line down to the third line, then I guess you can say that’s a move that significantly improves the bottom-6.

You still need a 4th line that can shutdown though

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
If we’re talking about signing Panarin so we can push our entire second line down to the third line, then I guess you can say that’s a move that significantly improves the bottom-6.

You still need a 4th line that can shutdown though

We are just in a interesting situation now, as Toews never played with Kane for years, and now they are paired together in an offensive role, thus needing a more defensive bottom 6, or a designated shutdown line.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
To TBL - Hayden
To CHI - Callahan, Raddysh, 3rd

To BOS - Perlini/Sikura + pick
TO CHI - Grzelcyk

Sign Panarin

Saad - Toews - Kane
Panarin - AA - Kahun
Cat - Strome - Raddysh
Caggiula - Kampf - Callahan

Gustafsson - Murphy
Keith - Jokiharju
Grzelcyk - Seabrook
Koekkoek
Dahlstrom

Crawford
Delia

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Ive said it before but if we dont get any of the big names in free agency i would love silfverberg. I think he would look really good on toews wing. I guess me ideal top 6 next year if we were able to nag Silfverberg would be

Saad-Toews-Silf
Dcat-Strome-Kane

Like others have mentioned we already have the top end firepower of a contending team. Its a matter of finding the right depth and supporting players. Perlini drives me crazy but if he can find his game he would be a grear 3rd liner. Barrat hopefully will be as advertised. Kampf will do just fine as a 4th line PK C. Very excited with the direction of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad