Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Trouba would be a great addition to the hawks. But with Winnepeg a Stanley cup contender for the next few years, I doubt they will trade him unless blown away. The hawks aren't in that position to be offering up their first round pick this or next year.
My guess trouba goes to arbitration, signs his 1 year deal then tests free agency after next season.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Trouba would be a great addition to the hawks. But with Winnepeg a Stanley cup contender for the next few years, I doubt they will trade him unless blown away. The hawks aren't in that position to be offering up their first round pick this or next year.
My guess trouba goes to arbitration, signs his 1 year deal then tests free agency after next season.

They can’t afford him.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
They can’t afford him.

For one more year, they will find a way to afford him.
Myers is a free agent. I know Laine and Connors become restricted.
They will find a way for Kulikov to disappear, like they did with mason to Montreal.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
To FLA - Sikura, Dahlstrom, Hayden
To CHI - Hoffman

Neither of these trades are remotely close in value. We can't just give spare parts for Hoffman and Kapanen is worth more than Gus.

alot of hard work on this post. good job. however with ref to Fla, if Hoffman is a problem child, so to speak. Fla would be more than happy to take this trade.

it will help with prospect incoming and act as a salary cup dump.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
alot of hard work on this post. good job. however with ref to Fla, if Hoffman is a problem child, so to speak. Fla would be more than happy to take this trade.

it will help with prospect incoming and act as a salary cup dump.

The problem child rumor was debunked awhile ago.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Cagguilla-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-Nelson-Stone
Kurashev/Barrett-Kampf-______(Training camp spot up for grabs)

Cagguilla-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-Kurashev/Barrett - Stone
Kurashev/Barrett-Kampf-_____ (Training camp spot up for grabs)

if AA and Forsling can get you the right C for that that third line that is crazy good depth, not sure who would be available for a trade this trade deadline but an FA like Brock Nelson ( i dont think the isles trade him)would be a decent fit there at a reasonable price and one heck of a good third line IMO, they would be a pain to play against. If Barratt and Kurashev make the club that could be tremendous news as well

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
What do you guys think about sliding DeBrincat up with Toews and Kane, and moving Saad up to Strome’s line?

Calgary goes with a Lindholm-Monahan-Gaudreau first line, all are able a point per game.

They go with Tkachuk and Backlund on the second line. Tkachuk is a point per game, and Backlund is .57 PPG.

For the Hawks, DeBrincat and Toews are bear PPG.

Strome is .91 PPG, and Saad is .61 PPG.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What do you guys think about sliding DeBrincat up with Toews and Kane, and moving Saad up to Strome’s line?

Calgary goes with a Lindholm-Monahan-Gaudreau first line, all are able a point per game.

They go with Tkachuk and Backlund on the second line. Tkachuk is a point per game, and Backlund is .57 PPG.

It's working well the way it is now, don't want to have one scoring line again.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It's working well the way it is now, don't want to have one scoring line again.

I know it’s working, and I have no problem sticking with things the way they are.

But it’s also true that the way Calagary is doing it is creating even more offensive production. So it’s just a thought, is Calagary’s lineup setup (loading three of your four best offensive players on one line) more efficient than the Hawks’?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

I am not fond of this, too many eggs in one basket. Saad should be a mid to high end third liner from here on out

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i think the team has the makings of 2 solid lines with the top line being fantastic.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I know it’s working, and I have no problem sticking with things the way they are.

But it’s also true that the way Calagary is doing it is creating even more offensive production. So it’s just a thought, is Calagary’s lineup setup (loading three of your four best offensive players on one line) more efficient than the Hawks’?

We need fillers and 91 is doing that on the first line and keeping up so that makes the 2ns and third lines better.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
We need fillers and 91 is doing that on the first line and keeping up so that makes the 2ns and third lines better.
oh soooo true,

i believe that the past coach was trying to establish that, but couldn't. i believe he got lost in something that no one had the guts to tell him.

this is back to basic #101.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I am not fond of this, too many eggs in one basket. Saad should be a mid to high end third liner from here on out

Saad is a 50 point guy, that’s not third line production, that’s good second line production.

He can do more with better linemates and more icetime. Caggiula and Kahun are mid to high end third liners.

Reactions: BK and b1e9a8r5s

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Saad is a 50 point guy, that’s not third line production, that’s good second line production.

He can do more with better linemates and more icetime. Caggiula and Kahun are mid to high end third liners.

Saad is on a 49-50 point pace playing 3rd line. He has been pretty good this year.

Add Stone or AP then move Kahun or DC to play with Saad and you could have a really good 3rd line.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I don’t necessarily disagree, but Calgary’s first line doesn’t have a filler guy. They have a third guy with legitimate top-6 skill, and the offensive production is astronomical compared to when they had Ferland as the filler.

I’m just wondering if this team scores more goals by putting DeBrincat with Toews and Kane, and by putting Saad with Strome.

Caggiula and Kahun are good third liners and can still have an impact there if you find someone to play on the right side of Saad and Strome.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Saad is on a 49-50 point pace playing 3rd line. He has been pretty good this year.

Add Stone or AP then move Kahun or DC to play with Saad and you could have a really good 3rd line.

I’m thinking of ways to line things up without adding an $8-10 million forward. If you add AP or Stone, obviously the scenario instantly changes and you start building up a Saad-led third line.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I’m thinking of ways to line things up without adding an $8-10 million forward. If you add AP or Stone, obviously the scenario instantly changes and you start building up a Saad-led third line.

I think the Hawks would need to get the 2nd pick to do that because Kakko would allow them to spread the spending better throughout the whole lineup.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think the Hawks would need to get the 2nd pick to do that because Kakko would allow them to spread the spending better throughout the whole lineup.

I think we’re trying too hard to recreate the 2015 third line, we don’t necessarily need the third line to be an offensive second line in order to be a competitor.

Calgary is showing us you can be a dominant team with a great first line, and two talented second liners on the second line.

Hawks absolutely have the pieces to follow that formula.

Caggiula and Kahun are 2/3 of an above average third line, so it’s not like we’d have a weak third line.

The additions you’d need to look to make would be 2RW and 3C. You can add both of those things for a cheaper combined price than signing one of Stone or Panarin.

Also, they’d need to figure out the fourth line, but you’d have plenty of money left over to do that.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
DeBrincat-Toews-Nylander
Panarin-Strome-Kane
Saad-Barratt-Sikura
Caggiula-Kampf-Kahun

Thats cup quality depth up front.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Haha and highly unrealistic

IDK if Nylander is the piece but Stan needs to aggressively add to the roster. It makes a ton of sense to make a hockey trade for a top line winger thats young and a piece for now and in future. Could be Huburdeau. Hoffman makes sense as well for right price. I’m sure others become available between now and draft.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
with everyone due respect on their opinions, the situation as i see it, is a 2 head monster. one head is looking toward the off-season and the draft. while the other is looking at the playoff run, if the Bhawks can get more luck.

while i love the draft and yes since i was a young whipper snapper, i love the strategy of the draft. my only concerns now is the playoff and making the playoff.

while i can not fault anyone's opinions on the draft, i really think we, as the Bhawks org, will be drafting in the 10-20 range.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
IDK if Nylander is the piece but Stan needs to aggressively add to the roster. It makes a ton of sense to make a hockey trade for a top line winger thats young and a piece for now and in future. Could be Huburdeau. Hoffman makes sense as well for right price. I’m sure others become available between now and draft.
Hoffman will be the ideal selection, a sniper whose team wants to trade him.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad