Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Is that indicated somewhere that I missed? If so, my bad.

Regardless, I wouldn't sign Sikura to that personally. But I imagine I'm not as high on him as you are.

It is not listed on there so you did not miss it.

I think Sikura turns out to be a good 3rd line scorer.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Left WingCentreRight Wing
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Caggiula, Drake
$1,500,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Toews, Jonathan
$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Kane, Patrick
$10,500,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
chicago_blackhawks.svg

DeBrincat, Alex
$778,333
LW, RW
RFA - 1
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Strome, Dylan
$863,333
C
RFA - 1
Stone, Mark
$9,000,000
RW
UFA
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Kahun, Dominik
$925,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Barratt, Evan
$925,000
C
RFA
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Saad, Brandon
$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Sikura, Dylan
$1,500,000
LW, RW, C
RFA
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Kämpf, David
$1,500,000
C, RW
RFA
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Perlini, Brendan
$1,250,000
RW, LW
RFA
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Hayden, John
$750,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Keith, Duncan
$5,538,462
D
NMC
UFA - 4
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Jokiharju, Henri
$925,000
D
RFA - 2
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Crawford, Corey
$6,000,000
G
M-NTC NMC
UFA - 1
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Gustafsson, Erik
$1,200,000
D
UFA - 1
Trouba, Jacob
$8,000,000
D
RFA
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Delia, Collin
$1,000,000
G
UFA - 3
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Murphy, Connor
$3,850,000
D
UFA - 3
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Mitchell, Ian
$925,000
D
RFA
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Forsling, Gustav
$1,500,000
D
RFA
chicago_blackhawks.svg

Seabrook, Brent
$6,875,000
D
NMC
UFA - 5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Thoughts?

Offer sheet to Trouba.

Is that $8,000,000 over 5, 6, or 7 years? Each year beyond 5 causes a step up in draft pick compensation.

I’d do it if it were for 5 years. That’s a 2020 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I like the team but agree with AD, Bowman isn’t going to burn the bridge with Chevy. Furthermore, 8M is far too low. They’d match that in a heartbeat and thank us for helping to get him signed.

If Stan is prioritizing keeping Chevy as a drinking buddy over maximizing the remainder of the Toews and Kane contracts, he’s making a giant mistake.

The Hawks desperately need a two-way top-pairing defenseman to re-open the window. That’s significantly more important than Stan and Chevy’s relationship.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Is that $8,000,000 over 5, 6, or 7 years? Each year beyond 5 causes a step up in draft pick compensation.

I’d do it if it were for 5 years. That’s a 2020 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

5 years or you could try and trade instead for say 2020 1sr, Beaudin, and a roster player.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
a player can refuse an offer sheet as well guys, you aren't getting Trouba to agree to a 5 year deal IMO, so if you offer sheet him, be prepared to go the maximum term and have to give up the maximum picks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd offer sheet him for just under the 4-1st round picks. If Winnipeg matches, so be it, at least it f***s them on their cap moving forward.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If Stan is prioritizing keeping Chevy as a drinking buddy over maximizing the remainder of the Toews and Kane contracts, he’s making a giant mistake.

The Hawks desperately need a two-way top-pairing defenseman to re-open the window. That’s significantly more important than Stan and Chevy’s relationship.

Why wouldn’t Chevy just trade Trouba and pick out the return he wants?

A realistic scenario would be offering them our 1st rounder+ for Trouba and signing him for 8M ourselves.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don’t know, the point is go get him.

You know the minimum cost is going to be a 2020 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
yeah but again, you don't just go get the player - player has to accept the offer and from the sounds of it Trouba seems more interested in heading to the East Coast...I said 5 years will not get it done, he hits the open market after next season, he will seek 7 years and rightfully so.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Is that indicated somewhere that I missed? If so, my bad.

Regardless, I wouldn't sign Sikura to that personally. But I imagine I'm not as high on him as you are.
i really do not like giving Sikura that without him earning it. setting a precedent here. that precedent will come back and bite the org in the arse.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
yeah but again, you don't just go get the player - player has to accept the offer and from the sounds of it Trouba seems more interested in heading to the East Coast...I said 5 years will not get it done, he hits the open market after next season, he will seek 7 years and rightfully so.

What’s the argument? Of course he needs to accept, that doesn’t mean you don’t try.

Yes he deserves 7 in theory, but I doubt any team is willing to offersheet higher than a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So either that’s roughly $8 million for five years, or he lowers the money demand for more years.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What’s the argument? Of course he needs to accept, that doesn’t mean you don’t try.

Yes he deserves 7 in theory, but I doubt any team is willing to offersheet higher than a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So either that’s roughly $8 million for five years, or he lowers the money demand for more years.
I am not sure what you mean what is the argument?

I am saying that it isn't a slam dunk, and offer sheeting a player that might not even want to come to your team seems a bit silly to begin with. It also is a big deal when the player likely will not accept a 5 year deal even if offer sheeted, why waste time? He likely would want 7 years, and at that point why even offer sheet him at that cost?

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I am not sure what you mean what is the argument?

I am saying that it isn't a slam dunk, and offer sheeting a player that might not even want to come to your team seems a bit silly to begin with. It also is a big deal when the player likely will not accept a 5 year deal even if offer sheeted, why waste time? He likely would want 7 years, and at that point why even offer sheet him at that cost?

How long does it take to put in that offer for him? 5 minutes? 10 maybe?

For the slim chance you bring in a young top-pairing defenseman, I don’t know how that’s a waste of time.

Definitely not saying it’s a slam dunk, and I don’t know anyone who claimed it would be. We’re saying you take the chance.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
How long does it take to put in that offer for him? 5 minutes? 10 maybe?

For the slim chance you bring in a young top-pairing defenseman, I don’t know how that’s a waste of time.

Definitely not saying it’s a slam dunk, and I don’t know anyone who claimed it would be. We’re saying you take the chance.
most of your posts are just coming off as this is an easy decision and just throw some shit out there with no repercussions (not saying that in a mean way either just a general perspective)-you then are talking about just offering him 5 years which isn't going to work, so fundamentally what was originally proposed is flawed and IMO a waste of time. you are not going to win an offer sheet for Trouba unless it is 7 years, and as I said are you prepared for that price?? I am not, and I have been one of Trouba's biggest fans but he has flaws as well and that price tag is too steep to get him IMO.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
most of your posts are just coming off as this is an easy decision and just throw some **** out there with no repercussions (not saying that in a mean way either just a general perspective)-you then are talking about just offering him 5 years which isn't going to work, so fundamentally what was originally proposed is flawed and IMO a waste of time. you are not going to win an offer sheet for Trouba unless it is 7 years, and as I said are you prepared for that price?? I am not, and I have been one of Trouba's biggest fans but he has flaws as well and that price tag is too steep to get him IMO.

You don’t know what it’s going to take for sure. If he were a UFA, I’d say you’re absolutely right. The repercussions you’re mentioning are what could make 5 years realistic.

None of my posts have said it’s to bring him, but it seems like an easy decision to at least try. There are zero repercussions to trying.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You don’t know what it’s going to take for sure. If he were a UFA, I’d say you’re absolutely right. The repercussions you’re mentioning are what could make 5 years realistic.

None of my posts have said it’s to bring him, but it seems like an easy decision to at least try. There are zero repercussions to trying.
repercussions are meaning how we are now viewed in the league by another GM..who did the last offer sheet in hockey and when was it done? I normally do not care about that, but it has to make sense to do it am not so sure that is the best option here. so you see these contracts getting handed out left and right, and you think a 5 year deal is going to cut it for a guy who not only fought through near career ending injury but knows he can get up to 8 years as a RFA??? I just don't see that happening and why I said it is a waste of time to even entertain that specific option.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
repercussions are meaning how we are now viewed in the league by another GM..who did the last offer sheet in hockey and when was it done? I normally do not care about that, but it has to make sense to do it am not so sure that is the best option here. so you see these contracts getting handed out left and right, and you think a 5 year deal is going to cut it for a guy who not only fought through near career ending injury but knows he can get up to 8 years as a RFA??? I just don't see that happening and why I said it is a waste of time to even entertain that specific option.

1. He can’t get up to 8 years as an RFA
2. The way RFA compensation is setup, it pretty much caps the years at 5 because once a team goes over 5 years, the compensation is ridiculously high. He’s not going to get $8 million+ for 6 or 7 years because no team is giving up 2-4 first round picks for him.

If he wants more than 5 years, Winnipeg or being traded a likely his only options

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Winnipeg isn’t going to let Trouba go for a 2020 1st, 2nd and 3rd when many teams would give up a 2019 1st, 2nd and 3rd to get him as a 1 year rental.

He’ll probably return someone like Jokiharju.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
1. He can’t get up to 8 years as an RFA
2. The way RFA compensation is setup, it pretty much caps the years at 5 because once a team goes over 5 years, the compensation is ridiculously high. He’s not going to get $8 million+ for 6 or 7 years because no team is giving up 2-4 first round picks for him.

If he wants more than 5 years, Winnipeg or being traded a likely his only options
my bad 7 years, same thing applies- which is exactly what I said, I don't see him taking just 5 years...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
my bad 7 years, same thing applies- which is exactly what I said, I don't see him taking just 5 years...
i agree..... the agents are now pushing for the max amount of money for the max amount of yrs.

the trend will not change but will get worse. i am also glad in suspecting that SB will not go down this road again with ref to yrs in a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad