2019-20 Carabao Cup

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool XI vs. Aston Villa: Kelleher; Hoever, Boyes, Van den Berg, Gallacher; Chirivella, Christie-Davies, Kane; Longstaff, Hill, Elliott.

Subs: Winterbottom, Clayton, Norris, Clarkson, Bearne, Dixon-Bonner, Stewart.

Lol we are gonna get pumped.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool XI vs. Aston Villa: Kelleher; Hoever, Boyes, Van den Berg, Gallacher; Chirivella, Christie-Davies, Kane; Longstaff, Hill, Elliott.

Subs: Winterbottom, Clayton, Norris, Clarkson, Bearne, Dixon-Bonner, Stewart.

Lol we are gonna get pumped.

And yet I am compelled. I have no idea who Hill is. Have never heard of that person.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Aston Villa is completely being outplayed by a reserves team full of players we couldn't loan out to the lower leagues.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Elliott probably best player on the field.

Thought Elmo’s celebration was really unnecessary

not really a whole lot to say. LFC really isn’t embarrassing themselves here. Obviously an academy team though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Van Den Berg might not be good.
He certainly hasn't looked that part since moving to LFC.

Liverpool clearly trying to play everything through Elliott; this game a very clear example of 'men against boys' even though I'd say Liverpool have controlled the play better overall.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He certainly hasn't looked that part since moving to LFC.

Liverpool clearly trying to play everything through Elliott; this game a very clear example of 'men against boys' even though I'd say Liverpool have controlled the play better overall.
I think that’s fair. Elliot is the only one who is impressing me on either team today. Score line is flattering AV a bit. They haven’t really done anything either, but they have taken advantage of some school boy errors. Because they are playing against an academy team. They can’t defend at all.

Not arsed at all. This competition sucks. Every year I hope we go out before that ridiculous 2 legged semifinal. Really glad we have other attainable priorities nowadays. When we won this in 2012, it did absolutely nothing for us.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
What I've noticed in the first half is that Elliot looks dangerous, the Villa attack against Liverpool's defense is men vs boys (it literally is, but it also looks like it), and Liverpool's keeper just straight up isn't ready for this level, he seems to cover less of the net than any other keeper I've seen.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
This is literally the youngest ever starting lineup for Liverpool in a competitive match with an average age of 19 years and 122 days.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Don't know if anyone saw this, but thoughts on this? I actually like the competition and saw a Facebook comment that teams playing in Europe would be left out of the competition.

Carabao Cup: EFL chairman Rick Parry concerned at Champions League plans

I don't really think that's a bad thing to do. The only time that one of the big 6 hasn't been in the final in the last 15 years is in 2013 when it was Swansea vs Bradford. 4 of the last 5 years have been two big 6 clubs facing each other.

Eliminating teams who have continental competition would not only increase the chances of lower league teams advancing or mid/bottom table premier league teams winning, it would also prevent teams doing what Liverpool has done the last 2 games and roll out a u23 roster

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
It's not true as none of the English teams want to go along with doing that to the CL.

But I can't believe that prick took over and still didn't delay this game.

I'm a United supporter, but Liverpool should never have been put in this position. Completely unfair that Liverpool has to do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad