2019-20 Carabao Cup

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Aston Villa is going to win 5-0 and their MOTM was their keeper.

LFC couldn’t defend and made a lot of errors, but I don’t feel they embarrassed themselves either. Don’t think anyone cares too much. Really am excited about Elliott though.

Only things I am set about was the Elmo celly, and more importantly the Hoever injury. Hoever was next man up for CB cover with Lovren, Matip and Fabinho all out. Now he is just added to the injured list. I could not imagine having to throw Van Den Berg in. He is very far away from being ready.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hoever isn't anything special himself; I'd rather see Gini playing CB again.

Elliott seemed pretty upset after the game; I think he really loves the club and is real competitive. Pretty exciting talent too...hope he makes good on it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hoever isn't anything special himself; I'd rather see Gini playing CB again.

Elliott seemed pretty upset after the game; I think he really loves the club and is real competitive. Pretty exciting talent too...hope he makes good on it.
Well Gini is banged up too. We both lose

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They didn’t play awfully. Lot of those kids will make the grade somewhere in the football pyramid. Might not be Liverpool, but a few of them have potential. Elliott could be as good as he wants to be.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Why did Liverpool lose on purpose?????, FA should look in to this. They should remove points from them or something.
No Klopp, choosing a BS squad = lose in default aka forfeit before kick-off
(couldn't care less about some BS explanations, not buying them).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool are playing in the Club World Cup tomorrow, goof. The football league said they wouldn't change the game and were perfectly fine with them playing the reserves.

In addition, it shows that you know absolutely nothing because the PL has nothing to do with the football league. I don't expect you to have the ability to buy any explanation.

(couldn't care less about some BS explanations, not buying them).

This sentence right here equals a lot of things that I can't put down or I'll get a warning. You might be literally the only person who follows football and doesn't know why this game was like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maticus

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They wanted to send their strongest team to the club World Cup, just like other PL teams have done in the past.

This year the club World Cup and the league cup basically had games at the same time.

Its really not a complicated situation.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Not to mention, Club World Cup is more than one match in a short period of time. So if they split the squad, they're forced to basically jet in players and play on short rest, or drag the same lineup through two matches.

With how they did it, sure, they went out of the Carabao Cup, but they've got enough depth to where they can play two matches quickly, with some options. Win today, as expected, and they'll have enough depth to get through it. Lose, and they still have some reserves and backups who can give the stars a rest. Club World Cup only allows 23 players named to the squad.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Speaking of the club world cup, what stations is it on in the US?
There's no real topic for it so I'll continue here but it turns out van Dijk is now ill so Henderson will be playing CB today. The hits keep coming!

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also, as has been shockingly common under OGS, the off ball movement when the team is set up in static play in the attacking third is basically non-existent. The vast majority of players are just standing there or slowly walking. No overlapping runs, no switching of play, no trying to pull the defense around. Just a bunch of standing there hoping the guy with the ball finds a magical pass and an occasional 1-2 that's played into about 4 defenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->