2019-20 Carabao Cup

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Tierney making his debut for Arsenal. Will be interesting to see. Don't understand why he keeps playing Chambers to the right. Should be in the middle with Holding. Balogun will hopefully get some minutes.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
It's only happened twice and it has been out of necessity. AMN either out of the game or rotated, makes sense to put Chambers in there.

He has played more at RB than CB so far this season. He’s a huge liability at RB. AMN is obviously suspended after the red card against Villa. If Tierney can play than Hector can also play. Chambers needs to play at his prime position.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He has played more at RB than CB so far this season. He’s a huge liability at RB. AMN is obviously suspended after the red card against Villa. If Tierney can play than Hector can also play. Chambers needs to play at his prime position.

He has what, 3 appearances? 2 being at RB one being at CB? I'm sure he would be rotated more into the CB position if he was not the only feasible options on the right side.

Also how does the bolded even make sense? Cause one seems to be healthy so is the other?

Reactions: bluesfan94

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
He has what, 3 appearances? 2 being at RB one being at CB? I'm sure he would be rotated more into the CB position if he was not the only feasible options on the right side.

Also how does the bolded even make sense? Cause one seems to be healthy so is the other?

That’s correct. Probably. Would rather have an youth player there though. He’s way to slow playing at the wing.

Yeah, if he’s on the bench he can play i’d say. No need to put him there otherwise.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Bellerin and Holding just played for the u23's over the weekend. They've been out a very long time. Shocked to see Tierney playing. I thought he was out until October.

Not expecting to see a huge difference in defense with all these guys back because the problem is more than talent but I'd rather guys like Holding and Chambers gaining experience at center back than continuing to trot guys with no upside like Sokratis and Luiz out there every match.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What a beautiful goal, great pass by Nelson, amazing cross on the volley by Chambers and what a header by Martinelli ( R9)

Reactions: Cassano

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Haha, that is some pure luck from Chambers there. 99/100 he bangs it right into the public. But i’ll praise him. The header from Martinelli is just wow though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That’s correct. Probably. Would rather have an youth player there though. He’s way to slow playing at the wing.

Yeah, if he’s on the bench he can play i’d say. No need to put him there otherwise.

Which youth player? Chambers played well on the weekend and I think his experience has earned himself a spot on the bench at the very least. He is a great option there in case you need coverage in DM, CB, or RB.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Which youth player? Chambers played well on the weekend and I think his experience has earned himself a spot on the bench at the very least. He is a great option there in case you need coverage in DM, CB, or RB.

I think he is a lot more solid defensively than Ainsley, and offers more positional awareness and composure too. He is better on the ball and is not far off offensively, although he is not fast he makes good runs and has great technique.

Reactions: robertmac43

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad

Osei-Tutu would have been okey. He’s on loan though. You missunderstand me a bit. I would rather have an youth player as backup to AMN on RB until Bellerin is back while i wouldn’t mind Chambers on the bench as backup for CB and DM. Hell i wouldn't even mind him starting on one of those positions at this point.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Osei-Tutu would have been okey. He’s on loan though. You missunderstand me a bit. I would rather have an youth player as backup to AMN on RB until Bellerin is back while i wouldn’t mind Chambers on the bench as backup for CB and DM. Hell i wouldn't even mind him starting on one of those positions at this point.

I think you are underrating Chambers as a RB. The guy is solid there too.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Saka has amazing dribbling skill, although I feel like his touch has let him down a couple of times so far this second half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad