Prospect Info: 2019 1st Round Pick: Philip Broberg Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I’d say it’s pretty high. D men drafted in the top 10 often aren’t the best D in their draft class.
2008: Doughty, Pietrangelo vs Karlsson, Josi
2009: Hedman, OEL vs Ellis
2010: Clear win for outside top 10 in Fowler
2011: Hamilton, Brodin vs Klefbom
2012: Rielly, Lindholm, Dumba vs Parayko
2013: Jones, Nurse vs Morrissey, Pulock
2014: Ekblad vs Sanheim, DeAngelo
2015: Provorov, Werenski vs Chabot
2016: Sergachev vs McAvoy
2017: Clear win for Heiskanen, Makar
2018: Clear win for Dahlin, Q. Hughes

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
2008: Doughty, Pietrangelo vs Karlsson, Josi
2009: Hedman, OEL vs Ellis
2010: Clear win for outside top 10 in Fowler
2011: Hamilton, Brodin vs Klefbom
2012: Rielly, Lindholm, Dumba vs Parayko
2013: Jones, Nurse vs Morrissey, Pulock
2014: Ekblad vs Sanheim, DeAngelo
2015: Provorov, Werenski vs Chabot
2016: Sergachev vs McAvoy
2017: Clear win for Heiskanen, Makar
2018: Clear win for Dahlin, Q. Hughes
2012 had Slavin to balance things a bit.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
2012 had Slavin to balance things a bit.
That's who I was missing.

Regardless, it looks like we would have to go back to 2012 to see a case where a defenceman drafted outside the top ten is the best one in his draft.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That's who I was missing.

Regardless, it looks like we would have to go back to 2012 to see a case where a defenceman drafted outside the top ten is the best one in his draft.
That’s not unusual. Later picks are generally players who develop slower. I wouldn’t even look at drafts beyond 2013.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
How did Broberg play today? Sounds like Skelleftea got speed bagged out there today.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
How did Broberg play today? Sounds like Skelleftea got speed bagged out there today.

Musta been pretty bad. Typically the Broberg fan club gives many up to date accounts of his greatness.

I'm personally shocked he didn't get another 3 points. ☺

In seriousness tho. How did he look in today's game?

Edit: Tone is hard to project in a post but I thought saying in seriousness would clarify. I always appreciate when anyone gives a prospect a review no matter what. Did Broberg play really bad and that has some people upset? Or did the in serious of my post not offset the tease enough?

Last edited:

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Musta been pretty bad. Typically the Broberg fan club gives many up to date accounts of his greatness.

Wow Mr. Miserable back at it again. I'm personally shocked you run into this thread anytime you can disparage this prospect.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Meanwhile Bouchard was pretty much invisible in his first Allskenskan game (tier lower). I like Bouchard and think he's going to be a top 4D, just saying.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Meanwhile Bouchard was pretty much invisible in his first Allskenskan game (tier lower). I like Bouchard and think he's going to be a top 4D, just saying.

I could see him in your top-4 with PP duties boosting his offensive production. Don’t know if I see a future Alex Pieterangelo like some have suggested (Bob Stauffer, is you were wondering).

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Broberg finished with 18:03 in ice time, 3 shots on goal and +-0.

Didn't really bother to watch the game, but seems Skellefteå got a tougher opponent this time around. Leksand practially laid down for them in the 1st game so wasn't much of a challenge.

Will be interesting to see how the season unfolds from here. Certainly don't expect Broberg to have a lot of 3 point games, but should be able to pick up some points here and there. If he can combine that with solid defensive play I'm happy.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Didn't really bother to watch the game, but seems Skellefteå got a tougher opponent this time around. Leksand practially laid down for them in the 1st game so wasn't much of a challenge.

Will be interesting to see how the season unfolds from here. Certainly don't expect Broberg to have a lot of 3 point games, but should be able to pick up some points here and there. If he can combine that with solid defensive play I'm happy.
Just stats watching of course but 3 shots and even is pretty decent given the outcome of the game.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

He was an even and got decent ice time so that's a plus in my book

Reactions: McDoused

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Why are you so miserable? It's honestly very annoying. Sometimes I feel like you do this to get attention
There is multiple posters on this sub who do this in virtually every thread, go look through Yamamoto threads, Bouchard threads, Broberg threads and just in general team threads, there is 2-3 posters on this board who are in every single one pouncing whenever a player has a bad game, the team makes a bad transaction, or team plays a bad game. But you see crickets from then if something goes well.

Something I’ve learned in the decade I’ve been on this board is the mute/block button can really be your friend.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
There is multiple posters on this sub who do this in virtually every thread, go look through Yamamoto threads, Bouchard threads, Broberg threads and just in general team threads, there is 2-3 posters on this board who are in every single one pouncing whenever a player has a bad game, the team makes a bad transaction, or team plays a bad game. But you see crickets from then if something goes well.

Something I’ve learned in the decade I’ve been on this board is the mute/block button can really be your friend.
The problem with the block button is that in some threads it looks like some guy is arguing with himself so you have to unblock the other poster to read the dumb shit that they’re trying to argue.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

Edit: Tone is hard to project in a post but I thought saying in seriousness would clarify. I always appreciate when anyone gives a prospect a review no matter what. Did Broberg play really bad and that has some people upset? Or did the in serious of my post not offset the tease enough?

Give this man a Snickers!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I only caught about half the game, but Broberg was solid. Used his reach and size nicely on defense. Not as flashy offensively not not bad either.

An occasionally quiet game isn't a bad thing for a defenseman that just turned 19 playing in the SHL.
The team he is on seems to have a lot of movement on defense so that's to be expected.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad