Prospect Info: 2019 1st Round Pick: Philip Broberg Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Seems like Skelleftea either dominates or gets dominated. No in between lol. Isn’t Frolunda supposed to be really good?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Someone with Broberg's skating shouldn't lose his man like that, that was pretty bad.

Reactions: Aerchon

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Someone with Broberg's skating shouldn't lose his man like that, that was pretty bad.
I wouldn't put too much blame on him for that. Broberg wasn't really beat. He kept the forward to the outside and no one picked up the goalscorer. He could have done a better job preventing the pass though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Everything else was in Swedish but they threw “slashing” in there 4 or 5 times.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I'm probably going to miss the majority of the remainder of the game. Please continue to post updates about Broberg (and Raymond if possible). :)

Reactions: snipes

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Everything else was in Swedish but they threw “slashing” in there 4 or 5 times.

They talked about how they've changed the rules now and call everything that's even remotely looking like slashing.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I wouldn't put too much blame on him for that. Broberg wasn't really beat. He kept the forward to the outside and no one picked up the goalscorer. He could have done a better job preventing the pass though.

He got caught flat-footed and chased his man around the ice who then set up the goal for Frölunda. That's not good defending. It's not an atrocious mistake or anything but it was still not a good sequence for him.

Reactions: Aerchon

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They talked about how they've changed the rules now and call everything that's even remotely looking like slashing.

I’m not complaining since it was the only thing I understood lol. Why didn’t they say it in Swedish though?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I’m not complaining since it was the only thing I understood lol. Why didn’t they say it in Swedish though?

We don't have a Swedish word for "slashing", nor for "interference". We use the English terms for that. Same with "cross-checking".

Reactions: snipes

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We don't have a Swedish word for "slashing", nor for "interference". We use the English terms for that. Same with "cross-checking".

Hmm, interesting. Aren’t those first two words non exclusive to hockey though? Interference is for sure.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Why is it showing a woman and man talking on my stream and not the game?

Intermission. Some news regarding COVID and public events/gatherings. That woman with dreads who was talking is our Minister of Culture.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Hmm, interesting. Aren’t those first two words non exclusive to hockey though? Interference is for sure.

None of them translates well to a hockey context. Besides, everyone in Sweden speaks good English and the English language is pretty woven into our society so it's not weird at all to use English words.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
None of them translates well to a hockey context. Besides, everyone in Sweden speaks good English and the English language is pretty woven into our society so it's not weird at all to use English words.

So there is a word for interference but not in a hockey context?

Swedish culture seems like it’s awesome to me. Just the whole thing, the lifestyle, the beauty of the country and the people, etc...

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So there is a word for interference but not in a hockey context?

Swedish culture seems like it’s awesome to me. Just the whole thing, the lifestyle, the beauty of the country and the people, etc...

Don't think there's a great direct translation but alternatives exist depending on context etc. Don't take my word for it though, my Swedish is beyond awful these days. I'm pretty sure my English is better than my Swedish at this point as I don't really use Swedish much in my daily life.

Yah, Sweden is a pretty great place to live for the most part. Personally I find Swedish people to be rather boring though, but that's just me. Most of my friends are foreigners.

Reactions: LaGu and Cloned
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad