Prospect Info: 2019 1st Round Pick: Philip Broberg Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I think Holland's last few seasons in Detroit was him painting himself more and more into a corner trying to maintain the playoff streak and wasn't really his style of GMing. I also think that if the last couple of years in Detroit had gone better he'd been retired by now. Taking on the Oilers is him making sure his legacy isn't tarnished by the end in Detroit. I think he's very very motivated to finish his career as a GM in style. I certainly hope so.

Agreed, for sure, he was battling to keep a perennial playoff team competitive and under an owner who fully supported all that was needed resources wise to do so. A consideration too I imagine was Ilitch at last years of his life wanting to win and an organization and personnel that had been well cared for wanting to win for him as well. Holland is confident but pretty humble guy talking in simple terms of hoping to make more good decisions than bad fully eyes open that mistakes will be made. But make no mistake he's extremely confident and wasn't satisfied to just fade into retirement of a Hall of Fame career. Regarding Broberg, Holland is measured in his projections. But I wouldn't doubt they anticipate a player who will be more than a top four d-man. We'll all have to wait and see. No certainties!

Reactions: ZenOil

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Someone in this thread said Broberj should be pronounced as Broberry. I just want to say:

I love you and thank you for that.

Can't wait to get me a Broberry Oilers jersey.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Someone in this thread said Broberj should be pronounced as Broberry. I just want to say:

I love you and thank you for that.

Can't wait to get me a Broberry Oilers jersey.

Broberry, sadly, is not quite right though.

I wrote this in the prospect section a few weeks ago:

Brew-bear-y as in yes. The vowel in bear is shorter than normal in bear. Roll the r:s and voilà you can pronounce bridgemountain in swedish!

Reactions: CookiesAndMilk

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Broberry, sadly, is not quite right though.

I wrote this in the prospect section a few weeks ago:

Brew-bear-y as in yes. The vowel in bear is shorter than normal in bear. Roll the r:s and voilà you can pronounce bridgemountain in swedish!
Thx for clearing that up.

I gotta say though, it doesn't sound nearly as cool as Broberry :laugh:

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
where are all those who were ripping Holland apart for drafting him? He looks unreal out there. What a skater

Me looking for Aerchon in this thread rn:

giphy.gif

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
where are all those who were ripping Holland apart for drafting him? He looks unreal out there. What a skater

Seriously can we stop with these type of posts any time Broberg has a good period or two? I really don't see the need for hyperbole over a minuscule sample size.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Caution that they were all junk but he does look great today.
Any points are better than none. Even a nothing assist is a sign he's making the right plays out there.

Reading into his offensive numbers without context is never a good idea, but it's still a good sign.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Any points are better than none. Even a nothing assist is a sign he's making the right plays out there.

Reading into his offensive numbers without context is never a good idea, but it's still a good sign.
It is far better to get the bonus 2nd assists and lucky ones than not but his excellent performance today is entirely unrelated to his numbers. Defending has been spot on. Great wheels. Aggressive all over the ice.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Cze is playing pretty bad
Doesn't change anything for Broberg playing well.
Nothing wrong with getting points against lesser teams, Infact you should be getting points against lesser teams as a good player. McDavid does.

Reactions: Aerchon

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Cze is playing pretty bad
Doesn't change anything for Broberg playing well.
Nothing wrong with getting points against lesser teams, Infact you should be getting points against lesser teams as a good player. McDavid does.
Yes but don't read his performance based on those points. There wasn't one that was based on his talent level. All of them were either lucky or 2nd assists. He had several plays way better than any of the assists. My point is to ensure that people don't base his performance on three junk points.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yes but don't read his performance based on those points. There wasn't one that was based on his talent level. All of them were either lucky or 2nd assists. He had several plays way better than any of the assists. My point is to ensure that people don't base his performance on three junk points.
Oh for sure. But I know for a fact that people here will use him getting points here as a negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad