Prospect Info: 2019 1st Round Pick: Philip Broberg Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wasn't able to watch, great to hear he played super well. Looking at the stats, they had a dpair play a decent amount more than Brobergs pair.
Did that pair PK lots or were they relied upon a lot 5v5?

Good to see Broberg with confidence and PP time. Hope he keeps it up.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Great shift for Broberg just now, probably his best at even strength so far. Held the point well, made a nice stretch pass, and finished the shift walking into a big slapshot.

Leksands IF with the comeback, it's headed into overtime. Looking forward to seeing Broberg in the 3-on-3.

Broberg sets up a 2-on-1 in the opening seconds. Then makes a stretch pass for a breakaway.

What a joke. I stopped watching with 5-6 minutes left of the game and of course all hell breaks loose after that and I miss the action :facepalm:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Even with OT his time on ice seems top 4?

Compared to last year I would have been happy with just the increase in ice time/role.

That's a huge start for him. Hopefully he can keep on trucking. First "real" on ice performance since we have drafted him that imo even indicates this kid may be more than a bottom pairing guy somewhere down the road.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Can’t ask for a better season debut. All arrows are up for Broberg. He seems to have taken a huge step over this past year. Great move for oilers to bring him over when they had the chance. Oilers may wish they have him back come December/ January.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Holy Hell. I just watched the Highlights of the game and Broberg does look like he's 6'5... and he's only 19 lol

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I really like the way Broberg has been handled.
The SHL is perfect for his development, playing him in a defensive role last season to work on his defensive game then him getting the bump up the lineup this season in a more offensive role and you see the confidence starting to grow. Bringing him over to Training Camp to get a taste of playing on North American ice with NHLers was also a smart move which I don't doubt prepared for him a strong start in the SHL.

I was also one of those people who was against the pick and I still wish they had a high end forward in the system but his development is clearly on the right track.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I honestly think he's a tier above Bouchard right now.

I think Broberg has top pair potential. Bouch has 2nd pair potential while running a powerplay.

Broberg is gonna be a stud.
Along the same lines makar and Hughes.

There is literally nothing to suggest Broberg is better than or will even be in the same ballpark of any of the names listed above.

I hope to heck I'm wrong about this pick but let's hold off the extremely premature revisionist history that would suggest what the posters above are suggesting.

If Broberg becomes better than Klefbom and /or Nurse, which is not likely with his development to date, Holland will certainly be considered a Swedish defenseman whisperer.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Can’t ask for a better season debut. All arrows are up for Broberg. He seems to have taken a huge step over this past year. Great move for oilers to bring him over when they had the chance. Oilers may wish they have him back come December/ January.

I feel like last season he only focused on his defensive game and this year he's getting an opportunity to refine his offensive game, which is a huge plus

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I really like the way Broberg has been handled.
The SHL is perfect for his development, playing him in a defensive role last season to work on his defensive game then him getting the bump up the lineup this season in a more offensive role and you see the confidence starting to grow. Bringing him over to Training Camp to get a taste of playing on North American ice with NHLers was also a smart move which I don't doubt prepared for him a strong start in the SHL.

I was also one of those people who was against the pick and I still wish they had a high end forward in the system but his development is clearly on the right track.

If we are smart, we can get a high end forward in the system this year in Jarvis or Quinn or even Holloway and Zary.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
There is literally nothing to suggest Broberg is better than or will even be in the same ballpark of any of the names listed above.

I hope to heck I'm wrong about this pick but let's hold off the extremely premature revisionist history that would suggest what the posters above are suggesting.

If Broberg becomes better than Klefbom and /or Nurse, which is not likely with his development to date, Holland will certainly be
considered a Swedish defenseman whisperer.

Huh? How is it not likely with his development?? His development is on the right path, just like how Klefbom and Nurse were. Hell, it could be even better than their development because he's doing well in a pro league at age 19.

What the heck are you talking about? I always am dumfounded at your biased posts.

Plus, you aren't even following the player pretty much at all so you shouldn't have a say in his development

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad