Confirmed with Link: 2018 Training Camp discussion thread

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
It would mean that we are tanking. Nylander has to be up with the team at the start of the season.

Botts also loses all credibility with his "guys can earn jobs" mantra. If Nylander flops he flops, but for the integrity of the organization he should be in the starting lineup for the start of the season, he's earned it.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It would mean that we are tanking. Nylander has to be up with the team at the start of the season.
We traded ROR for lesser pieces, kept the high school hockey coach, and failed to buy out Pominville. Sending Nylander to Rochester ranks well below all those in any tank narrative that may emerge over the coming months.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
If Botts can pull off at least a small vet clearing trade before the start of the season like DLo last year I'll be pleased.

Not to be a turd, or say that it would have changed the season in a big way. But on a team that had zero depth and brought in a non fighting Nolan, DLo would have been useful last year, so I’m not sure in retrospect that is really a good trade to be remembered fondly.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Really comes off as a coaching and gm decision to limit important injuries from occurring before the opener as much as possible, rather than individuals having serious injuries to worry about.

I actually applaud that. 7 preseason games is too many.
Agreed.

I'm sure that Bogo will get hurt at some point, but I doubt it's anything right now. Glad they are being precautionary in the preseason.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
They have to sit 2 forwards and 1 d tomorrow on top of the others.

I hope it’s dahlin Skinner and Reinhart. Take no chances with guys who already made it.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I have bailed on Ottawa, can't take more of their incompetence and dumb-assery.

Am I welcome in this forum? I like Buffalo's future and there are many exciting players both on the big team, and among prospects.

Welcome friend.

Do remember though, we were Ottawa last year :).

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I have bailed on Ottawa, can't take more of their incompetence and dumb-assery.

Am I welcome in this forum? I like Buffalo's future and there are many exciting players both on the big team, and among prospects.

Welcome friend. I hope you enjoy heartbreak.

A few things/primer:

1.) It was no goal.
2.) You must forget the slug ever existed
3.) You must double your hate for Toronto.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Really comes off as a coaching and gm decision to limit important injuries from occurring before the opener as much as possible, rather than individuals having serious injuries to worry about.

I actually applaud that. 7 preseason games is too many.

Would've been nice to get some more chemistry going with the guys on the main roster in game-like situations instead of relying on practice. And not just guys who will be linemates (because what would happen if/when we have injuries?)

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I think we’re going to need a senate hearing to decide whether or not you’re being genuine with your statement before we can move forward.

Lol, welcome.
That little winky guy he tacked on to the end there makes me think he still has an affinity for the pig-faced cretin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad