Confirmed with Link: 2018 Training Camp discussion thread

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Schedule for first week of camp:

Thursday, Sept. 13
Players report for testing and physicals.
Closed to public. Media may attend for select player availability, beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the press conference room.

Friday, Sept. 14
Session one: 9:45 - 10:20 a.m. (New Wave Energy Rink) / 10:25 - 11:15 a.m. (KeyBank Rink)
Session two: 11:45 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. (New Wave Energy Rink) / 12:25 - 1:15 p.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Saturday, Sept. 15
Session one: 9:45 - 10:20 a.m. (New Wave Energy Rink) / 10:25 - 11:15 a.m. (KeyBank Rink)
Session two: 11:45 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. (New Wave Energy Rink) / 12:25 - 1:15 p.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Sunday, Sept. 16
Practice: 9:45 - 10:15 a.m. (Both rinks)
Scrimmage: 10:30 - 11:15 a.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Last edited:
Reactions: jc17

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Seems like the last couple of camps we have been excited about.... well, Guhle.

Now it’s Guhle, Mitts, Dahlin plus the intrigue for Thompson, Asplund, Olofsson.
Plus longer shots in Malone, Borgen and Oglevie.

Just wow.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Camp Preview: Rookies aim to make an impact

When the fourth annual Prospects Challenge begins next week, Sabres fans will be offered a live look at the depth of the organization. Players entering their first full professional seasons or first seasons in North America will certainly highlight the roster and some of those future Sabres will have an eye on playing in the NHL this season.

Rasmus Dahlin will be the talk of the town as the first-overall pick settles in for his rookie year. If you missed our camp preview story on him earlier this week, you can find that here. But he isn't the only rookie that fans will be watching.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Sabres play this Friday night in the Prospects Challenge. Hopefully Dahlin’s first game.
When does the prospect camp open?

It’s happening!!!!

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

Now it’s Guhle, Mitts, Dahlin plus the intrigue for Thompson, Asplund, Olofsson.

Just wow.
What about Hickey and Pilut

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Met a fellow Sabres fan out here a couple of days ago at Guitar Center. We both expressed how excited we are about the coming season and how things have changed. Such a great facility. Seem to recall when this all started back in 70, they opened training camp in St. Catherines. Joshjull, Old Goalie, JimBob, etc. could probably validate the latter.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Just wow.
Yeah, definitely exciting. Can’t wait to see what Dahlin and Mitts do this season.

Nice to see some of these draft picks like Borgen, Olofsson, Asplund hitting the roster in Roch., too. Hopefully they’ll have been worth the wait.

Reactions: Mitts888

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Don’t they make more sense as sparingly used 7/8 defenseman than a prospect?
Yeah, I agree with that.

I guess I don't really picture them carrying 8 defensemen though... and I'd rather the best players win the jobs.

EDIT: Dahlin, Risto, Scandella are the only givens IMO. McCabe, Bogosian probably are as well. I'd say that leaves one spot, and Beaulieu and Hunwick probably don't deserve it.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Yeah, I agree with that.

I guess I don't really picture them carrying 8 defensemen though... and I'd rather the best players win the jobs.

EDIT: Dahlin, Risto, Scandella are the only givens IMO. McCabe, Bogosian probably are as well. I'd say that leaves one spot, and Beaulieu and Hunwick probably don't deserve it.
I’m pretty sure they carried 8 almost all of last season, so I would assume they do again. I’d say Dahlin, Scandella, Ristolainen, McCabe and Bogosian are locks. Nelson isn’t a lock, but I really doubt the waive him. Beaulieu or Hunwick might get waived if Guhle forces their hand.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I’m pretty sure they carried 8 almost all of last season, so I would assume they do again. I’d say Dahlin, Scandella, Ristolainen, McCabe and Bogosian are locks. Nelson isn’t a lock, but I really doubt the waive him. Beaulieu or Hunwick might get waived if Guhle forces their hand.
If they carry 8, then Beaulieu and Hunwick are the best options for 7/8.

If our 6 D end up being Dahlin, Risto, Scandella, McCabe, Bogosian, Nelson ... I wouldn't be too upset. Dahlin and a healthy McCabe/Bogosian should elevate that group above where they were last year.

Reactions: Dingo44

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
If they carry 8, then Beaulieu and Hunwick are the best options for 7/8.

If our 6 D end up being Dahlin, Risto, Scandella, McCabe, Bogosian, Nelson ... I wouldn't be too upset. Dahlin and a healthy McCabe/Bogosian should elevate that group above where they were last year.
If Nelson can't win a top 6 spot, I would think they'd rather keep him up as a 7/8 than risk losing him on waivers, especially for someone like Hunwick.

Reactions: brian_griffin

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I can confirm those posters are all old.

Lol..... They are referred to as "legacy" posters these days. Not "old".

Funny thing about old age....... you're not paying attention to it and suddenly one day, you wake up and find you've joined the ranks!

Youth is definitely wasted on the young........ LoL

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Lol..... They are referred to as "legacy" posters these days. Not "old".

Funny thing about old age....... you're not paying attention to it and suddenly one day, you wake up and find you've joined the ranks!

Youth is definitely wasted on the young........ LoL
Yeah Eff them. :D

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
SABRES RELEASE 2018 TRAINING CAMP ROSTER

BUFFALO, N.Y. (September 11, 2018) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the roster for the team’s training camp, which begins Thursday, Sept. 13, when players are scheduled to report for testing and physicals.

**The full training camp roster can be found here.**

Dm10ZGYXoAEqRFX.jpg

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC

Schedule for first week of camp:

Thursday, Sept. 13
Players report for testing and physicals.
Closed to public. Media may attend for select player availability, beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the press conference room.

Friday, Sept. 14

Saturday, Sept. 15

Sunday, Sept. 16
Practice: 9:45 - 10:15 a.m. (Both rinks)
Scrimmage: 10:30 - 11:15 a.m. (KeyBank Rink)

Sept. 13, NC begins to be blown off the map.

Friday Sept. 14, the storm continues and whipes 20% of the trees down plus it knocks power out to millions.

After that it’ll get worse.

This is what I fear. Hope training camp goes well but my beginning may be hanging on and hoping!

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

Friday Sept. 14, the storm continues and whipes 20% of the trees down plus it knocks power out to millions.

This is what I fear. Hope training camp goes well but my beginning may be hanging on and hoping!
Good luck and Godspeed

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Hope you have a safe place to wait it out! It's your turn this year, but they'll get back up to the northeast and down to the gulf sooner than later!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad