NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm sure the Colts were offered a 2nd or 3rd at the draft this year, so them turning down a future 2nd shouldn't be a shock. The Seahawks don't have a 2019 2nd anyway, so a 2020 2nd is far less value than a 2018 pick.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm sure the Colts were offered a 2nd or 3rd at the draft this year, so them turning down a future 2nd shouldn't be a shock. The Seahawks don't have a 2019 2nd anyway, so a 2020 2nd is far less value than a 2018 pick.

They also didn't know the status of Luck's arm. Now that Luck looks to be fully healed..it looks bad.

Reactions: m9

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Rico Gathers is probably going to be cut soon by the Cowboys. He's one of these athletic types with very limited football experience, and he's still not getting it. He can make some amazing catches, but he's a one trick pony who barely understands the play book, struggles with blocking, and can't even land a spot on special teams.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Rico Gathers is probably going to be cut soon by the Cowboys. He's one of these athletic types with very limited football experience, and he's still not getting it. He can make some amazing catches, but he's a one trick pony who barely understands the play book, struggles with blocking, and can't even land a spot on special teams.

I question if he even knows how to play.

Reactions: m9

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Report: 'Hawks offered 2nd-rounder for Colts' Brissett

This makes no sense. Why would Seattle pay a premium for a backup QB?

I also find it hard to believe the Colts could get more.

Odd, that's a high price to pay for insurance. Wilson isn't old, and hasn't missed a game his entire 6 year career.

Wilson's backups have been Flynn, Jackson for 3 years, Boykin, Davis.

I don't think the Seahawks could win a game with Davis as their QB. They rely on Wilson's escapability too much. But, if Wilson misses more than a game, the Hawks are done. Not making the playoffs in the tough NFC without Russ.

We'll see if Seattle goes shopping for a veteran QB upgrade over Davis when the pre-season ends. See how many teams opt to keep 3 QBs on their 53 man roster. I could see them targeting Geno Smith if LAC rolls with Jones as the backup. Bridgewater would be an interesting option if the Jets don't keep 3 QBs, however, with a rookie in Darnold, it makes sense for them to keep 3.

Pretty all teams with a rookie QB or a year 2 QB without any playing time (NYG) make sense to keep 3 QBs on the roster.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Peterson's not a good fit in most offenses anymore and I think Washington is one of those he doesn't fit so this is surprising. He's less than 40 yards from moving into the top 10 all-time so I hope he gets one more opportunity somewhere.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Peterson's not a good fit in most offenses anymore and I think Washington is one of those he doesn't fit so this is surprising. He's less than 40 yards from moving into the top 10 all-time so I hope he gets one more opportunity somewhere.

They are bringing in Jamal Charles as well for tryout

Its a damn shame what injuries did to his career

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

A few teams make sense for him with Tampa probably giving him the best chance to start right away. He could even be the long-term answer there if he performs well because of everything going on with Winston.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

A few teams make sense for him with Tampa probably giving him the best chance to start right away. He could even be the long-term answer there if he performs well because of everything going on with Winston.

I think he could be a good fit for all 3 Florida teams if one of them finally decide to move on from their current starters.

Reactions: Avs_19

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Honestly, it would make sense for the jets to trade Teddy. Their future is darnold. Mccown is the placeholder until Sam is ready. Plus, the jets should try to recoup a draft pick back for the extra 3 second rounders they had to trade to get darnold. Even if mccown were to get hurt in September, the jets should then ride darnold the rest of the way. They are not a playoff team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think he could be a good fit for all 3 Florida teams if one of them finally decide to move on from their current starters.

Agreed. I'm biased but I believe he's better than all of those guys currently starting on those teams. Maybe not Winston when he's on top of his game but there's a lot more to consider with him than just football.

Honestly, it would make sense for the jets to trade Teddy. Their future is darnold. Mccown is the placeholder until Sam is ready. Plus, the jets should try to recoup a draft pick back for the extra 3 second rounders they had to trade to get darnold. Even if mccown were to get hurt in September, the jets should then ride darnold the rest of the way. They are not a playoff team.

A 3rd round pick is probably the best the Jets could hope for but even that'd be great. They'd basically be getting that pick for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad