NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm looking forward to Toddy Haley smacking the **** out of Gregg Williams and hopefully Hard Knocks captures it. It has to be coming soon.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I'm looking forward to Toddy Haley smacking the **** out of Gregg Williams and hopefully Hard Knocks captures it. It has to be coming soon.
If I was a janitor in that building I'd smack the **** out of GW just cuz. I'd tell him to keep his mouth shut or install 100 more cameras including the one by the dumpster he throws his empty coffee cups into every morning.

My man Chad.
Josh Allen getting the 2nd team reps. I'd hate to be the Bills QB who has a bad game this Friday.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I'm not sure what the sports books are basing this on but I don't like it. Earlier this morning Schefter said the Raiders and Mack haven't negotiated since February.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I'm not sure what the sports books are basing this on but I don't like it. Earlier this morning Schefter said the Raiders and Mack haven't negotiated since February.

Only connection is that McKenzie worked for GB and thus people think it’s a close relationship to make a deal.

But I don’t see GB breaking the bank with the cash nor the draft picks for him.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It's because GB has an extra 1st rounder to dangle that they got from the Saints. So people figure they can get aggressive with an offer. Also, Vegas LOVES trying to set aggressive odds so they can get the attention of the fans of the 'public' teams like GB, PIT, DAL, etc.

With his concussion history (which is like 5 concussions and probably at least 2 more that were never officially called concussions), this is something to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: spintheblackcircle

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If Green Bay is the betting favorite it means they know something that isn't public yet. It's the only way the odds make sense, like Kawhi to Toronto.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
DkmNE1aVAAE6Nxe.jpg

Doesn't matter how much talent the Browns get. They have the worst DC in football. This is 2nd and 5 before the end of the half. Yes the Vikings ran corner flats.

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The only hope is that turning over most of the secondary gives Williams the confidence needed to not coach like he's terrified of his players. Like you see in this image, Peppers shouldn't line up 25 yards away from the play this season. Williams was conceding a field goal on every possession by trying to play to prevent the big TD play while giving up easy yardage between the red zones.

It was a crazy mess all around. With the offense turning the ball over at a crazy rate or going three and out so often and with Williams coaching this way that let opponents drag out possessions, the defense was on the field a lot and for long stretches. You would see them make some plays early in games last season, but his defense would end up out of gas by halftime most games. Having better QB play should do wonders to keeping the defense off the field.

I hate to make it read like I'm defending or excusing Williams, but he was in a terrible situation last season (partly his own doing, for sure).

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The only hope is that turning over most of the secondary gives Williams the confidence needed to not coach like he's terrified of his players. Like you see in this image, Peppers shouldn't line up 25 yards away from the play this season. Williams was conceding a field goal on every possession by trying to play to prevent the big TD play while giving up easy yardage between the red zones.

It was a crazy mess all around. With the offense turning the ball over at a crazy rate or going three and out so often and with Williams coaching this way that let opponents drag out possessions, the defense was on the field a lot and for long stretches. You would see them make some plays early in games last season, but his defense would end up out of gas by halftime most games. Having better QB play should do wonders to keeping the defense off the field.

I hate to make it read like I'm defending or excusing Williams, but he was in a terrible situation last season (partly his own doing, for sure).

Williams has been deploying this defense since he was at the Rams. He just doesn't have Aaron Donald and a prime Robert Quinn to hide it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's a punk.
If Bortles was not his teammate, Ramsey would have carved him up as bad as the others that he roasted.

That's how corners are these days. Only way to keep your name out there is to talk for a CB. Helps the reputation down the line if you are a well known name. Likely helps you make a pro bowl when you really don't deserve it. WR like Fitz, Green, Julio can be quiet and do their job because they are still talked about in fantasy.

Corners, no one is going to go gaga for them for their fantasy team. They are simply part of the Defense that they choose to play.

Corners are dependent on their physical skills. Revis just turned 33 in July, but he hasn't been Revis Island since the 2015 season. Last season for the Jets was bad, and his time in KC lasted 6 games. He started in the league when he was 22. So, he lasted 10 years at a high level, with a couple of injured lost seasons in NY and TB during that decade.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Bortles was not his teammate, Ramsey would have carved him up as bad as the others that he roasted.

That's how corners are these days. Only way to keep your name out there is to talk for a CB. Helps the reputation down the line if you are a well known name. Likely helps you make a pro bowl when you really don't deserve it. WR like Fitz, Green, Julio can be quiet and do their job because they are still talked about in fantasy.

Corners, no one is going to go gaga for them for their fantasy team. They are simply part of the Defense that they choose to play.

Corners are dependent on their physical skills. Revis just turned 33 in July, but he hasn't been Revis Island since the 2015 season. Last season for the Jets was bad, and his time in KC lasted 6 games. He started in the league when he was 22. So, he lasted 10 years at a high level, with a couple of injured lost seasons in NY and TB during that decade.

That is nonsense

Charles Tillman didn't need to talk shit about players to be talked about. He did it with his play on field

Tim Jennings didn't need to trash talk during his years as a Pro Bowler

The one's who do job and earn respect attention because of performance far outnumber the loudmouth asses

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad