NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Nah man i love it. Ramsey's trash talk is a harmless type. Guy has the talent to back it up too.

Perfect villian. The type of guy who gets smacked in the mouth, gets up and goes right back to squawking at you.

Better to have a guy be a bad guy for running his mouth instead of beating women/other crime.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Nah man i love it. Ramsey's trash talk is a harmless type. Guy has the talent to back it up too.

Perfect villian. The type of guy who gets smacked in the mouth, gets up and goes right back to squawking at you.

Better to have a guy be a bad guy for running his mouth instead of beating women/other crime.
Seeing how he physically threatens reporters doing their jobs it's probably a matter time before he beats somebody up he is not supposed to

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I find Ramsey to be entertaining and those comments were harmless.

He also likes my QB so that part doesn't hurt. Not sure about the being a winner thing though.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I like that there's no bonafied putrid team next season.

We all expect ordinary seasons from Buffalo, Jets and Dolphins, but nothing close to Browns or 49ers of last season imo.

Everyone has a chance to he competitive next season. Mock drafts are going to be all over the place until week 13.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I like that there's no bonafied putrid team next season.

We all expect ordinary seasons from Buffalo, Jets and Dolphins, but nothing close to Browns or 49ers of last season imo.

Everyone has a chance to he competitive next season. Mock drafts are going to be all over the place until week 13.

You do know the 49ers finished with the same record as the Raiders right?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Do the Patriots have a LT problem? He seems to be getting good reviews overall, but if you click this, he replies to his tweet with four plays in a row where starter Trent Brown looks terrible.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Do the Patriots have a LT problem? He seems to be getting good reviews overall, but if you click this, he replies to his tweet with four plays in a row where starter Trent Brown looks terrible.

Trent Brown has to be first with his hands so he can use his length and power. He's always been a terrible run blocker. His lack of quickness shows up big time. Those 4 snaps were basically all his flaws showing up.

Snap 1-He lets the defender get into his chest and is too high and gets put on skates.

Snap 2-He is leaning forward and simply misses his block. He did this quite often in S.F. in the run game.

Snap 3-Hands are down and his feet are glued in the ground. Lack of quickness and lateral agility showed up big time.

Snap 4-Lack of footwork shows up. He can't kickslide quick enough even with a chip. That is a concern if I'm New England.

These are all issues Trent had in S.F.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Worst of preseason.... yes, sucks to see guys go down, but there’s no other option with limited contact in practice.

We’ve seen about a dozen guys lost for the year just in training camp, never mind preseason games.

Do we need preseason games? You’d have to offset it with more contact drills in camp if you did away with them. Can just as easily get hurt in a drill as you would a preseason game. Consequences of the sport unfortunately.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I assume they don't trust OL and Wilson I believe will be turning 30 soon

Eventually he is going to not always be able to avoid that big hit. One of these days he is going to get lit up by defenders chasing him around

If trade offer was on table and Colts declined to me that says they are not comfortable with Luck no matter how much they say in publice

Also I don't think its unreasonable to think Brissett could land them maybe a 2nd + 5th if a team loses a starter and is playoff hopeful. I have liked what I have seen from Brissett and think he is capable to be a #1 in this league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad