NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

member 157595

I’m a Canucks and Bengals fan. Trust me, I’ve had my fair share of heartbreak.

Leafs fan here, so it's a miracle you and I are still alive. :laugh:

I had been a Bengals fan since the mid 80's. I actually remember exactly where I was sitting in my childhood home when Joe Montana and John Taylor stabbed me through the heart with 34 seconds left on January 22, 1989. I remember the youthful optimism...and then our founder passed away and his should-have-been-aborted-demon-spawn-monster-cheapskate-bastard son took over. Then the 90's happened. I'm not even going to waste bandwidth telling you what being a Bengals fan at that time was like for me.

I still followed the team heavily during the Palmer years (despite the atrocious management, nonexistent, bare-bones scouting staff and impossibly bad ownership), but it got exhausting. The 2015-2016 playoff loss against Pittsburgh was the last Bengals game I watched. Emotionally, I just couldn't take it anymore. You see, I had to discover hockey on my own and didn't care about the sport until I was 12+ years old (and wasn't a die-hard until years later). Football? I was born watching the NFL. It was a religion in my family. But I had a limit, and I knew that when my interest in the NFL waned to the point where I could no longer justify the emotional ass-fisting that is being a Bengals fan...that was it, that would be the end.

I still love college football though.

Reactions: Hockey Fan in PG

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I find it hilarious that Smith somehow manages to always miss a game against AB, even when we get our Steelers games out of the way early.

Should be an easier pill to swallow this year since we have Young back and a defensive coordinator who is more willing to double team or play Humphrey on him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Once lead them in rushing yds is a bit weak of a claim considering both #1 and #2 RB got injured during that season (Charles + Ware)

Track record says he probably wont do much. When Chiefs walk away from RB its usually a sign he is not good and I cant recall a RB the Chiefs released/cut that has actually done anything of note after leaving KC

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Colts WR Depth:

Hilton
Britt
Some guy
A cardboard cutout of Dante Moncrief
Someone Jim Irsay thinks he sees, but actually doesn't because he's loaded/high/both again

When you lose your franchise QB for a year, luck out (no pun intended) get the top pick in a draft w/ two solid QB prospects and then fail to build around the one you took :facepalm:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
When you lose your franchise QB for a year, luck out (no pun intended) get the top pick in a draft w/ two solid QB prospects and then fail to build around the one you took :facepalm:
That's the crazy thing. They don't even have the excuse of having spent a bunch of future draft picks to move up to get their QB. They just can't draft. At all.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That's the crazy thing. They don't even have the excuse of having spent a bunch of future draft picks to move up to get their QB. They just can't draft. At all.

Grigson was a complete joke when it came to drafting even tho for some reason drafting was supposed to be one of his strengths

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully he lives up to the hype he's getting. I've gone from "I might have to reach for McCaffrey at 16 because I'll need a RB" to "I hope he's still there when I pick at 16." I have major concerns about the Panthers OL and some about Norv as well but McCaffrey's talent could overcome those things.

Yes, I know. Nobody cares about your fantasy team.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'd be very iffy on him in anything other than full-point PPR since he derives a ton of his floor based on those catches. But he's got the explosiveness to break long ones almost every time he touches it, as evidenced by last week and in the playoffs against New Orleans. CJ Anderson also seems to be more of a change of pace back rather than a true timeshare partner.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Hopefully he lives up to the hype he's getting. I've gone from "I might have to reach for McCaffrey at 16 because I'll need a RB" to "I hope he's still there when I pick at 16." I have major concerns about the Panthers OL and some about Norv as well but McCaffrey's talent could overcome those things.

Yes, I know. Nobody cares about your fantasy team.

Cam is my QB and I am concerned about the OL and Norv too lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad