NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Expecting big things from Lockett with that number, but I'm happy to have him around longer. It's important to keep him after letting Richardson walk for serious money.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

A lot of people seem to think it's pretty much a done deal. Donald deserves whatever he's going to get.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Clever move. ****talk a guy not even with the team anymore and a guy you will almost assuredly not have to cover in the Jags game with the Pats.

That type of crap doesn't work against the Patriots though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It would be fun to watch him and Garrett on the same team. Even Gregg Williams may not be able to screw that up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jordan Mailata, rugby player from Australia the 7th rounder by the Eagles this year who had never played football - ever - is going to make the team for the Eagles. There's just too much tape out there of him playing too well with too much potential to sneak him on a practice squad.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

This came out of nowhere. I'm glad he's sticking around the team though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Despite a wonky hamstring, former CFL standout WR Brandon Zylstra has apparently made the Vikings roster. Injury aside he had a pretty good camp and the Vikings liked the little they saw.

Super glad to hear it. Being more of a CFL guy it's always nice to see guys get their shot in the big time. Unlike the last CFL standout in Adam Bighill, Zylstra actually made the full roster instead of a practice squad spot.

Hope he pops off.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Open tryouts for OL ahead

Supposedly Williams and Silatolu will be ready in a few weeks

Injuries always suck but I see quite a few people saying this will ultimately be a good thing for the Panthers because their two best tackles are Williams and Moton. I don't know enough about Moton to comment on him but I do know Kalil is really bad.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Injuries always suck but I see quite a few people saying this will ultimately be a good thing for the Panthers because their two best tackles are Williams and Moton. I don't know enough about Moton to comment on him but I do know Kalil is really bad.

Kalil wasnt good last year but he wasn't as bad as people say. When he fails, he fails miserably but most of the time he was pretty average. Williams is their best tackle and Moton has a lot of promise, but he hasnt played much and Williams won't be 100 percent all year. The loss of Kalil sucks for depth more than anything. If it was just him it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but they're now down like 4 guys, not even including Ryan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad