2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Washington Capitals | Caps Lead Series 3-1

Who wins the 2017-2018 Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I mean, really. Did we all know that was the next step in the Ovechkin bashing??? :facepalm:

Plus it was a “luck” driven run. I don’t even.....
It takes a special level of insecurity to have the team you root for win all those cups and yet still be obsessed with minimizing Ovechkin and the Caps accomplishments. Truly pathetic and childish.

Last edited:

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Fleury plays a dangerous game, he's very aggressive and challenges the shooter big time. It cuts off the initial angle effectively but once the the play shifts directions he has no chance. Has his defense been poor at times? Sure, but it's unfair to place the blame entirely on them. You can't expect them to stop every lateral pass infront of Fleury, no defense in the world can do that. It's his responsibility to adapt his play so he's in a better position in these situations, and so far hasn't.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
If I could write the script, I would like to see the Caps win at home. But more than that, I just want them to win and hope they do it tonight...

This Blues fan is pulling heavy for the Caps. I'm all in. I love seeing long-suffering fan bases

win. It gives me some small glimmer of hope... sorta... even though I know in my heart of hearts the Blues will NEVER taste the ultimate prize.

I lived in DC for a few years and the Caps are my second team and I'm pulling for you guys tonight. The Golden Knights were a great story, but I think my soul would have died a little if I had to see an expansion team win the cup, so come on Caps, do this thing. Let's do some hockey.
Them doing it tonight would be VERY VERY impressive.

Ya know since they play tomorrow :sarcasm:

But hey I’ll take it! Let’s win tonight and just end this.

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
I practically quit last year when the Caps lost to the Pens. I though that was their best and final chance. I confess, I bandwagoned this year when they beat Columbus after being down 0-2. The rest of the playoffs has just shocked me (in a great, great, way).

This is why our victory this year will be so, SO sweet for Caps fans, because it came out of no-where. Last year was supposed to be the year, not this year. And yet here we are.
I guess we don’t have to put all or faith in “on paper” windows closing. At least to have a deep run.

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
Lots of people have lucked into being a Champion. Got to win at least two to solidify yourself.
Maybe any other player could luck into a championship once and need another to solidify, but a Russian like Ovechkin? Heck he could win the next 3 Cups and all 3 would be luck because he’s not Crosby and is nowhere near as good and plays for the lowly Caps with a crybaby fan base and a dirty, cheating loser team. Sounds legit.

Sep 19, 2008
Tickets for the free Game 5 viewing party at Capital One arena sold out in like 6 minutes. People said they didn't even have a chance to get tickets on ticketmaster. The hype and swelling bandwagon avalanche re: this team is insane.

Why do we have to wait this long for game 5. :popcorn:

Travel day. Although I do hear you. Nothing to do yesterday and nothing to do today.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Winning the Stanley Cup is about who the best team is in that particular year. It has nothing to do with how good you'll be in subsequent years. If the Caps win it this year, they'll be the best team this year. There is no need to win more to prove that fact.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
Because the Caps are travelling to Las Vegas by boat.

But the real reason is they're prepping for another unnecessary pre-game show.

Winning the Stanley Cup is about who the best team is in that particular year. It has nothing to do with how good you'll be in subsequent years. If the Caps win it this year, they'll be the best team this year. There is no need to win more to prove that fact.

Yup and at the very least it will stop all the same criticism about never winning, or losing in the 2nd round. But then we'll have to deal with yoyos who say it takes 2 sets of 16 hard-fought wins for it to not be considered luck. Just say it now - what is the next hurdle after that? Or should we just ignore a single hater's opinion? You pick.

Last edited:

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
Maybe any other player could luck into a championship once and need another to solidify, but a Russian like Ovechkin? Heck he could win the next 3 Cups and all 3 would be luck because he’s not Crosby and is nowhere near as good and plays for the lowly Caps with a crybaby fan base and a dirty, cheating loser team. Sounds legit.
That all sounds really accurate.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Lots of people have lucked into being a Champion. Got to win at least two to solidify yourself.
LOL Pens fans...
dying-of-laughter-gif-10.gif

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
If the series goes 3-2 you can bet Caps fans are already in heart-attack mode. You close it out with the most chances remaining. All Caps fans have to want that.

Dude, I’ve had a pit of despair in my stomach since the final buzzer Monday night lol

I cannot fathom this team hoisting the Cup. Again, I can’t even envision it. I feel like the world will end as soon as Ovi would get handed the Cup

Reactions: Sam Spade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad