2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Washington Capitals | Caps Lead Series 3-1

Who wins the 2017-2018 Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowiefan

May 26, 2018
Wasn't twenty minutes. Had a group of 7 all logged on exactly at 1pm when they went on sale and none of us got tickets. Essentially sold out immediately.
Was a grand total of 6minutes to sell out. And that is with sales being limited to 2 tickets per purchaser.... 21K seats, 6 minutes!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The best thing for the league is to ensure the Golden Knights lose!!!!

What a joke... A post 2000 expansion team getting an All-Star team based on Bettman rules!!!

I guess Seattle will be in the next Cup too???

This SCF is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Gotaf7

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

What a joke... A post 2000 expansion team getting an All-Star team based on Bettman rules!!!

This post is satire right?

There is literally no one that even expected the Knights to make the playoffs with the roster they constructed from the expansion draft and they exceeded expectations. If your team drafts an elite defenseman in the fifth round, should we change the draft rules because of it?

The Knights are not an all star team lol. Their best player scored 6 goals last year as a 24 year old.... SIX! They're a team that did not act as individuals and completely bought into the system while getting world class goaltending. Just a best case scenario kind of situation. Hockey can be a weird game.

mitchdisaster

Threadkiller
Jan 30, 2007
The Superheater
How did I not know this.
...but also shone a light on another Capital who doesn’t play as big a role, but is on the verge of a unique accomplishment — becoming the first player ever to win a championship in the ECHL, AHL and NHL.

“Something that people don’t talk about enough, a guy like Jay Beagle who has absolutely battled his entire career to get to where he is now and has made one heck of a career out of it too,” Alzner said.

Canadiens' Alzner is 'super jealous' about Capitals' Stanley Cup run - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Some are acting like the series is over. Not yet, and that has little to do with past Caps history of losing 3-1 leads. The Caps have also come back from being down 3-1; and 2-0 in this very playoff season.

It has to do with simple probability. Say Vegas has a 45% chance to win any game. You can debate weather that's too low or high but that's a reasonable starting point. Then there chance to win 3 straight is 9.1%. If they get favorable reffing in games 5 & possible 7, that figure will be above 9.1%. Not exactly lightning striking. Of course winning game 5 will roughly double their chances to pull of the comeback.

Not being positive or negative, just realistic. GO ALL CAPS ! :D

pezpunk

May 3, 2013

man you were so close to convincing me, but you only used 18 exclamation points. if you'd used 19 or 20, it would have strengthened your point.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Some are acting like the series is over. Not yet, and that has little to do with past Caps history of losing 3-1 leads. The Caps have also come back from being down 3-1; and 2-0 in this very playoff season.

It has to do with simple probability. Say Vegas has a 45% chance to win any game. You can debate weather that's too low or high but that's a reasonable starting point. Then there chance to win 3 straight is 9.1%. If they get favorable reffing in games 5 & possible 7, that figure will be above 9.1%. Not exactly lightning striking. Of course winning game 5 will roughly double their chances to pull of the comeback.

Not being positive or negative, just realistic. GO ALL CAPS ! :D

Absolutely correct. This series is not over. It's first to 4 and not first to 3.

Las Vegas is a really good team and they are going to come out guns blazing. The Caps better be ready.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Some are acting like the series is over.
There is a near zero chance Vegas rattles off 3 straight wins. For this to happen Washington would need to become a completely different team, ain't happening. The only question now is if the Caps do it in 5 or 6 games.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

I swear I’ve read one of these, three times a week, since early April.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA

c2a.gif

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA

How is it good for the league if an expansion team is bad ?

The rules for the expansion draft were fine. Other teams GMs tripped over themselves and gave Vegas extra assets to protect certain guys.

Don't blame Vegas. Blame other teams inability to evaluate talent.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This idea that all the pressure is on the Capitals tonight. I don't get it. If Vegas loses, they have lost their chance to win the Stanley Cup. I don't buy that there is no pressure in a win or go home situation.

Reactions: JenniferH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->