2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Washington Capitals | Caps Lead Series 3-1

Who wins the 2017-2018 Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I usually do take the high road but with special trolls I take pleasure in my ability to act infantile in response. Sorry for any disagreements we may have had. You are a gentleman and a scholar compared to this cat, who is constantly stirring the pot. But yea I’m done he hasn’t taken the bait so he must have taken his ball and gone home.

About winning the Cup—hope so! Not there yet though. Hope for the best, expect the worst. If the Caps win I’ll be proud of them. I wouldn’t have done a thing but watch them for 25 years but I guess that’s worth something.

You seem like a likable guy. The Caps are very deserving. Yes, you need one more but the determination of your guys...it's when not if. Enjoy the moment. It's special and don't let a few drag you down. Not worth it. I remember Fedotenko's two goals to this very day in G7. It was awesome. The hockey gods aren't going to let a first time franchise win it.

Reactions: Wings4Life and Wyrm

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
You seem like a likable guy. The Caps are very deserving. Yes, you need one more but the determination of your guys...it's when not if. Enjoy the moment. It's special and don't let a few drag you down. Not worth it. I remember Fedotenko's two goals to this very day in G7. It was awesome. The hockey gods aren't going to let a first time franchise win it.
Ok man fingers crossed!
:thumbu:

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Picked caps in 6 and still believe that will happen.

Fleury had to go .930+ in the series for Vegas to win.

Not completely blaming Fleury as the caps have outplayed them all series as expected.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Would like to see VGK give their crowd one more cheer; think they will. Though VGK has looked defeated since game 2.

A combo of VGK running out of steam and the Caps executing.

Will be happy for Ovi. When ppl claimed he was a passenger in the POs, I always saw the burning flame of a winner within. He needed to nurture, tame, and develop that flame. He looks mature, poised, and just as passionate now.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Would like to see VGK give their crowd one more cheer; think they will. Though VGK has looked defeated since game 2.

A combo of VGK running out of steam and the Caps executing.

Will be happy for Ovi. When ppl claimed he was a passenger in the POs, I always saw the burning flame of a winner within. He needed to nurture, tame, and develop that flame. He looks mature, poised, and just as passionate now.

Okay, one goal so their fans can cheer, but that’s all the get. Capitals get 3 goals minimum.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
I mean.. I guess.. We've seen Pittsburgh, Tampa, Nashville, Vegas, and Winnipeg do this for 2nd and 3rd round games. Caps fans didn't start doing it until they had the SC in the bag so it's hard to reward points for this.

Show me where Caps fans have done this in 2nd or 3rd round?

Well I personally watched ECF G1 with 4K at the Rosslyn game watch, ECF G7 with about 11K at the arena, SCF G1 with about 14K at the arena, SCF G3/G4 outside the arena with however many people were in those pictures. Was out of the country for most of the Pitt series, so not sure how many people turned up at those game watches.

But anyway, show us on the bird where Kuzy hurt you.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
So Gallant is doing the "the pressure is off us" nonsense now? Ok coach lol.

You're the favored team and are one game from elimination. Naw, no pressure lol. Good luck with that reverse psychology. Maybe work on having your boys stop being a bunch of flopping goons and that might have better results...

And don't give me the "it's their first year, they have plenty of time to get more Cup runs" balderdash. They could go fifty years before they get to the Finals again. Have to make the most of the opportunities when they come up, and so far they're failing miserably.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
For the love of hockey, I hope Vegas takes game 5. I'm just not ready to give up watching the greatest sport yet. Then, either Caps can win in front of their fans or a great finale with a game 7.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
A Stanley Cup after nearly 10 years of underachieving has got to feel more satisfying. Every label of that team being chokers immediately gets crumbled up and thrown into the burner. That one cup changes everything.

The SC after losing to the Cup champion three times and getting Halak'd in 2010 (just as the Pens did) will feel very satisfying, IF IT HAPPENS.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Im hoping VGK wins next game.. Im getting annoyed watching sports highlights and they are acting as tho its a done deal Caps have it wrapped up and non stop talking about who out of Kuzy, Ovi and Holtby will win Conn Smythe. VGK has been written off it seems.

I dont care who wins the cup this year but i am just finding it annoying sports channels are doing that

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
"The pressure is off us now," the coach ( Gallant ) said on a conference call Tuesday. "We're going to go out and play and work hard and go have some fun. So we'll see what happens."

So the team that was given home ice advantage to start the series, the team that had the better regular season record, and the team that is down 3-1... has no pressure on them? :thumbu: OK... whatever.

Reactions: JenniferH

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
I gotta think that these Caps players learned a thing or two from Justin Williams while he was there. They've got the same determination and cold-blooded mentality that he plays with in pressure situations. That's something they always lacked.

No I think Holtby just shared his Sport Psychology book with the rest of the team this year.

In all honesty, the win against PIT is what has given them the killer instinct.

Reactions: JenniferH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->