2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Washington Capitals | Caps Lead Series 3-1

Who wins the 2017-2018 Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
"The pressure is off us now," the coach ( Gallant ) said on a conference call Tuesday. "We're going to go out and play and work hard and go have some fun. So we'll see what happens."

So the team that was given home ice advantage to start the series, the team that had the better regular season record, and the team that is down 3-1... has no pressure on them? :thumbu: OK... whatever.

Most likely it means they are already under a lot of pressure and it negatively affects their game, see Neal and Tuch failing to score on empty nets. The coach is psychologically trying to lower that pressure to get them to play loose. Read the intent of the message, not the message itself.

Reactions: Sentinel

Mar 6, 2012
If I could write the script, I would like to see the Caps win at home. But more than that, I just want them to win and hope they do it tonight...

This Blues fan is pulling heavy for the Caps. I'm all in. I love seeing long-suffering fan bases win. It gives me some small glimmer of hope... sorta... even though I know in my heart of hearts the Blues will NEVER taste the ultimate prize.

I lived in DC for a few years and the Caps are my second team and I'm pulling for you guys tonight. The Golden Knights were a great story, but I think my soul would have died a little if I had to see an expansion team win the cup, so come on Caps, do this thing. Let's do some hockey.

Mar 6, 2012
Lots of people have lucked into being a Champion. Got to win at least two to solidify yourself.

moving-goalposts-gif.gif

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So now we finally know the answer to "what will Pens fans say after Ovi does win one". I wonder if any Pens fans are embarrassed for you. Keep it up.

I've never understood the notion where one fans opinions speaks for a whole fanbase. There could be a 100 posters you agree with and you would hate the Pens regardless rightfully so because you are a Caps fan. But as soon as there's one opinion you don't agree with they are automatically the voice for the whole fanbase. That's my opinion. I'm sure some will agree and some won't.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
"The pressure is off us now," the coach ( Gallant ) said on a conference call Tuesday. "We're going to go out and play and work hard and go have some fun. So we'll see what happens."

So the team that was given home ice advantage to start the series, the team that had the better regular season record, and the team that is down 3-1... has no pressure on them? :thumbu: OK... whatever.

Did you want him to say, "Holy shit we are freaking out! We are perhaps the worst hockey team to ever play in the Stanley Cup Finals?"

It's just coachspeak man.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
If I could write the script, I would like to see the Caps win at home. But more than that, I just want them to win and hope they do it tonight...

This Blues fan is pulling heavy for the Caps. I'm all in. I love seeing long-suffering fan bases win. It gives me some small glimmer of hope... sorta... even though I know in my heart of hearts the Blues will NEVER taste the ultimate prize.

I lived in DC for a few years and the Caps are my second team and I'm pulling for you guys tonight. The Golden Knights were a great story, but I think my soul would have died a little if I had to see an expansion team win the cup, so come on Caps, do this thing. Let's do some hockey.

I always cheer for the Blues in the West. It’ll be a great day when the Blues finally break through. :)

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
That's great and all, but who are you behind tomorrow night?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

What makes these stories cool is that we never get advanced warning for when a team's about to jump into contention. Most people thought Washington's window was closing. Surprise! Same thing with any team, especially one with a solid core of talent like St-Louis. Blues fans deserve to cash in their loyalty points just like Caps fans finally are. And you will. You just won't see it coming.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
I've never understood the notion where one fans opinions speaks for a whole fanbase. There could be a 100 posters you agree with and you would hate the Pens regardless rightfully so because you are a Caps fan. But as soon as there's one opinion you don't agree with they are automatically the voice for the whole fanbase. That's my opinion. I'm sure some will agree and some won't.

First, I never said all of them. It's really just the insufferable ones with blind hate... but wait, you sound like you can reason. Too bad it's only with 4.23% of your posts. :D I'm still betting on your fellow fans being embarrassed you cheer for the same team as they do with all the things you say.

Last edited:

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
If Washington is going to win, then I hope they do it in front of their home crowd. Give the Vegas fans one more win for the road. I don't think they have it in them, though. The Caps are just so much better.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
If Washington is going to win, then I hope they do it in front of their home crowd. Give the Vegas fans one more win for the road. I don't think they have it in them, though. The Caps are just so much better.

If the series goes 3-2 you can bet Caps fans are already in heart-attack mode. You close it out with the most chances remaining. All Caps fans have to want that.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
If the Caps don't pull this off I will have to quit hockey. Would be the ultimate heartbreaker.

That said, these Caps are different. It's time for Ovechkin to raise Lord Stanley's Cup.

I practically quit last year when the Caps lost to the Pens. I though that was their best and final chance. I confess, I bandwagoned this year when they beat Columbus after being down 0-2. The rest of the playoffs has just shocked me (in a great, great, way).

This is why our victory this year will be so, SO sweet for Caps fans, because it came out of no-where. Last year was supposed to be the year, not this year. And yet here we are.

Reactions: bur and 666 others
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->