2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Washington Capitals | Caps Lead Series 3-1

Who wins the 2017-2018 Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I can see how maybe if you’re rooting for Vegas, and you’re seeing them look okay offensively and have a few good stretches that you might more lenient judging their play as a whole, but really

If you haven’t yet, watch the recap of last game, just goals and near goals. Watch how the Caps are scoring. Last night was literally all cross crease passes and players strolling into the slot completely uncontested on each goal. Every one of the Caps 6 goals was a golden chance. Fluery looked helpless.

Then watch recaps of the other games this series. Not quite as bad, but not significantly better either. Fluery is getting little to no help. He’s not even half of Vegas’s problem. The team is simply not as good as people thought.

Honestly even if the Caps win I’d be okay with a Fluery CS win. Show this dude some mercy lol.

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Say what? You think the Pens are as loaded as the Bolts? Seriously? That's just pure homerism. Nothing more. Did you think you'd be at the top forever?

And sorry - this should be about the Caps and the trashing they are putting on Vegas!
Tampa is the St Louis/San Jose of the east. You can't compare them to either Pittsburgh or Washington. Are we sure they're even going to make the playoffs next year?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Tampa is the St Louis/San Jose of the east. You can't compare them to either Pittsburgh or Washington. Are we sure they're even going to make the playoffs next year?

Tampa is probably the biggest lock to make the playoffs, while being in the toughest division

that team is loaded on paper

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
They missed last year...and Atlantic is weak.

oops i meant weakest division which helps the case

the miss last year was unexpected but they've gotten better with the emergence of gourde point sergachev cirelli etc

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
So, it seems the fairy tale is over, Vegas has finally disintegrated. I would be ok with that if not for their opponents, the Caps.

Anyway, I hated Detroit when they kept winning, I hated the Rags when they won their precious cup like a little less than 54 years ago, I hated the Pens when they were winning seemingly at will, so I can survive the Caps.

A lot of hate, but it's nothing more than sports fandom hate.

I'm sure I'm going to miss the story of the Caps and Ovi being perennial chokers. Congrats to their fans. Hopefully, Vegas won't go down without a fight, but the Capitals cup looks well deserved.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I can see how maybe if you’re rooting for Vegas, and you’re seeing them look okay offensively and have a few good stretches that you might more lenient judging their play as a whole, but really

If you haven’t yet, watch the recap of last game, just goals and near goals. Watch how the Caps are scoring. Last night was literally all cross crease passes and players strolling into the slot completely uncontested on each goal. Every one of the Caps 6 goals was a golden chance. Fluery looked helpless.

Then watch recaps of the other games this series. Not quite as bad, but not significantly better either. Fluery is getting little to no help. He’s not even half of Vegas’s problem. The team is simply not as good as people thought.

Honestly even if the Caps win I’d be okay with a Fluery CS win. Show this dude some mercy lol.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
oops i meant weakest division which helps the case

the miss last year was unexpected but they've gotten better with the emergence of gourde point sergachev cirelli etc

I'll say, half their team was injured. That won't happen most years. They didn't finish 3rd in the NHL simply because they were in the weakest division, their team is stacked. Caps just have the 'It' factor this year, as did Vegas up until this point. TB will be a threat for the cup next year again.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They missed last year...and Atlantic is weak.

By 1 point. We had a slow start last year. Had some injuries but we came back strong in the second half. Just came up short. I think we would have been a really tough team to beat if we made the playoffs last year. We were playing really well at the end. Coulda shoulda woulda though.

We could decline next year but I think it would have more to do with injuries than us actually declining. I dont see the Pens declining either.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
By 1 point. We had a slow start last year. Had some injuries but we came back strong in the second half. Just came up short. I think we would have been a really tough team to beat if we made the playoffs last year. We were playing really well at the end. Coulda shoulda woulda though.

We could decline next year but I think it would have more to do with injuries than us actually declining. I dont see the Pens declining either.

Do u play for the Lightning...or....??

Reactions: Sentinel

Homerhawk

Aug 15, 2007
I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but this is the picture of Caps fans outside watching the game last night. Pretty impressive turnout.

De5PtLwXUAAhq9g.jpg

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I gotta think that these Caps players learned a thing or two from Justin Williams while he was there. They've got the same determination and cold-blooded mentality that he plays with in pressure situations. That's something they always lacked.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but this is the picture of Caps fans outside watching the game last night. Pretty impressive turnout.

De5PtLwXUAAhq9g.jpg

I mean.. I guess.. We've seen Pittsburgh, Tampa, Nashville, Vegas, and Winnipeg do this for 2nd and 3rd round games. Caps fans didn't start doing it until they had the SC in the bag so it's hard to reward points for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad