2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Washington Capitals | Caps Lead Series 3-1

Who wins the 2017-2018 Stanley Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
If pitt is on the decline what is tampa...they looked horrendous against washington.

Cooper got outcoached. No doubt about it. One more year of that loser. We fired two assistants. Cooper's on the hot seat.

Let's be real here. Tampa is loaded and young. Again, you guys had your time and you guys killed it. Nothing but mad respect for the Pens. It's all cyclical. You think you guys would compete forever?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The Stars fan in me hates to see Eakin come this close only to fall short, but I'm happy for Matt Niskanen at least.

That is, of course, assuming Washington doesn't mess this up. They've really taken hold of the series after a rough start, and MAF has been.....disappointing, to put it lightly.

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Vegas blew their chance. Plus they have all these UFA's after this season. Might not see the playoffs for a very long time either.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

giphy.gif

Reactions: optimus2861

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Looking good for Washington. I even picked them to win in 5. But....

fatladysings.png

This is not over yet. I can't imagine a more fragile team psychologically than the Washington Capitals... so if Vegas can win game #5 at home, then go back to Washington and score the first goal or two... you could see a colossal collapse.

Hope not....

Reactions: Sentinel

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Thats fine. It was an actual good story when you look at where the Avs were last year.

Vegas is only a good story because it's sold as one.
Lol it’s only a good story because we made the cup finals and can possibly win the cup in our first year? Bro that’s a TRASH story for sure this happens all of the time! Hahaha

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
No matter the round, an exit is an exit.
Might as well finish last every year if you’re not going to when the cup right? HFboards seriously amazes me with what people say. I’ve heard it all. One poster saying it doesn’t matter how far you get in the playoffs and another poster saying the Colorado Avalanche had a better story than the Golden Knights this year hahahaha

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Do non-Washington and non-Vegas fans actually think Washington winning is a better story? If so, I am baffled. Vegas winning as an expansion team would go down in history and be talked about for a century to come. Ovechkin is a first ballot hall-of-famer either way, and of course is one of the all time greats with or without a cup.

I think Vegas losing this series would be such a let down and so sad after all they have done this season. A total shame if they can't complete their amazing story.

Not over yet....but doesn't look good.
Colorado is a better story obviously with their miraculous season that is being talked about around the world @jlo

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Well, the Caps have clearly figured VGK out and we have no answers.

People will say that it is because the west is weaker, but I honestly think VGK was just way better than LAK, I think the Sharks played us the best of anyone outside of Washington but Fleury won that one and there was some bad puck luck for SJS, and I really think the Jets flat overlooked us or didn't have anything left in the tank after Nashville. Washington came off a series win over a similar team in TB, and they just had to tweak that formula a little to take care of VGK.

I know it not over, but I just don't see VGK getting 3 straight against this team. In fact, I'd be pretty surprised if the cup isn't hoisted next game. Caps are on a mission this series, and they have beaten us fair and square and soundly. They made us look like an expansion team this series, because they have matched our effort, and that is what the biggest advantage we had over every one else, so all things being equal, talent wins out. Obviously they are supremely talented in comparison.

I will still watch and hope for the best.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
It's not all the goalie. Vegas D is having trouble containing the Caps offense. Look at all the cross ice passes leading to goals. Shots on goal with no defensive cover.

It's easy to blame a goalie for goals let in, but it's hard when they don't have defensive support.

That's been the difference right there. Fleury really hasn't had a chance on a lot of these goals. The D has been over-pursuing the puck and leaving him out to dry on the cross-ice pass to the wide open man. Sure that plays to Fleury's own weakness of being very aggressive, but that's they way VGK has played all year and the defense was able to contain the play. Hats off to the Caps because they were able to exploit it better than any other team VGK faced in the playoffs.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
While I think the caps have been the better team throughout the series, it’s closer than some people think... VGK has been a couple bounces from making these last two games closer.... that’s probably their mindset right now. They won’t go down easy.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
While I think the caps have been the better team throughout the series, it’s closer than some people think... VGK has been a couple bounces from making these last two games closer.... that’s probably their mindset right now. They won’t go down easy.

They can tell themselves that til the cows come home, but end of the day each game really wasn't that competitive. They needed a Holtby gaffe to get on the board at all in Game 3, and then last night it was 4-0 before they got on the board. And yeah sure, they came out flying, but I don't subscribe to the point that the whole game would have been different had one of those bounces gone in.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Cooper got outcoached. No doubt about it. One more year of that loser. We fired two assistants. Cooper's on the hot seat.

Let's be real here. Tampa is loaded and young. Again, you guys had your time and you guys killed it. Nothing but mad respect for the Pens. It's all cyclical. You think you guys would compete forever?

Uh, what? This is just really dumb, why are the Penguins done? That's just asinine. The Penguins are just as loaded as Tampa Bay is and they also have a lot of young talent. This is such an odd stance to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad