2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
In a non-ppr dynasty league I offered:

Keenan Allen and Amari Cooper for OBJ and Clement.

He said it was a good offer but was wondering if I’d want Antonio Brown instead.

Would you trade Allen/Cooper for Brown/Tevin Coleman? That’s the offer I was thinking about.

I think these deals are fair. Not sure I would do them, but if you have good WR depth they're fine.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Now that guice is hurt who's the 2nd best rookie I'm picking 2nd in a dynasty.

I thinking between penny and Johnson

I really have no idea. I wouldn't have a problem with someone taking Penny, Johnson, Freeman, Michel, or Chubb. I still like Nick Chubb the best out of all of them long-term, but I don't think he's going to do much this year.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Im in a 4 players keepers league with 11 teams. Got fournett obj t.coleman and l.miller. I have the 5th overall and the 18th. Is it the right strategy to go with a rookie RB at 5 ( my friends told me Barkley ,Freeman, Johnson, Michel would be gone by my pick ). Should I draft Thielen, Landry, Robinson or an other top WR available or try to pick Penny, Jones, Wilkins ? And then go WR at 18th with the chance of having D.Thomas or maybe Juju? I’m kind of lost here...

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Im in a 4 players keepers league with 11 teams. Got fournett obj t.coleman and l.miller. I have the 5th overall and the 18th. Is it the right strategy to go with a rookie RB at 5 ( my friends told me Barkley ,Freeman, Johnson, Michel would be gone by my pick ). Should I draft Thielen, Landry, Robinson or an other top WR available or try to pick Penny, Jones, Wilkins ? And then go WR at 18th with the chance of having D.Thomas or maybe Juju? I’m kind of lost here...

I moved your post here.

I'd definitely go WR with your first pick. Thielen is first out of the guys you listed.

Reactions: Maitz

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Who else is available among veterans that weren't kept?

Also, 11 team league?

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Who else is available among veterans that weren't kept?

Also, 11 team league?
Yes 11 team league and there is not a lot of good vet available... D Thomas, Burkhead, Juju, Thielen, Hogan, Marvin Jones, Lynch, Crowell, Ertz, Robinson, Cooks, Jeffery, Gordon, Fuller.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Barkley, Freeman, Robinson, Landry, Thielen and Ertz are all good options there.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The problem to me is that guys like Diggs or Baldwin are way below someone like McCaffrey, so you're reaching if you do it that way. I also think DJ is a tier above the wide receivers, so either way you go it's a reach.

If you draft DJ, keep Hunt, then draft McCaffrey someone will be short a RB and you will be able to trade one for a guy in that tier.

Do you think there's a good chance that DJ goes before you pick anyway? I would pick him top 3 for sure. In that case, there's nothing to really figure out.

If DJ is available, you have to take him.

Drafted this team last night. Kept Hunt, drafting 4th.

Brown, Barkley, Hopkins went first three (after keepers, not gonna belabor the keeper rules here). So I was left with D Johnson, OBJ and Julio, per my post to which you both replied. I went DJ, then waited 13 picks for my next one. McCaffery, D Freeman and the whole top tier of receivers went in that stretch, with Adams picked right in front of me. I picked Diggs, which is funny because DJ-Diggs is a scenario I projected.

Anyway, this stuff is always fun. I'll post the team in the other tread. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: m9

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Advice, if you please.

I drafted Kenny Golladay the pick before the giant Lions fan in my league was going to take him.

This guy reached 2 rounds just to draft Kerryon Johnson, and he picked Blount later in the draft.

He's been bugging me ever since with trade requests. Problem though, he rates all of his players like future HOF candidates.

He's mostly offering John Ross.

Yay or nay?

Keep in mind, this guy is a bit of a dink, so me keeping Golladay just to spite him has value too. Haha.

If I try to get him to add more, or offer up a better player he shoots it down immediately

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Who do people like at QB between Mahomes, Ben, and Goff? I picked Mahomes late in the draft and both Ben and Goff are currently FAs. It's standard scoring with 4 pts for passing TD, 6 pts for rushing TD, and -1 pt for INT.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Advice, if you please.

I drafted Kenny Golladay the pick before the giant Lions fan in my league was going to take him.

This guy reached 2 rounds just to draft Kerryon Johnson, and he picked Blount later in the draft.

He's been bugging me ever since with trade requests. Problem though, he rates all of his players like future HOF candidates.

He's mostly offering John Ross.

Yay or nay?

Keep in mind, this guy is a bit of a dink, so me keeping Golladay just to spite him has value too. Haha.

If I try to get him to add more, or offer up a better player he shoots it down immediately

Nope

Who do people like at QB between Mahomes, Ben, and Goff? I picked Mahomes late in the draft and both Ben and Goff are currently FAs. It's standard scoring with 4 pts for passing TD, 6 pts for rushing TD, and -1 pt for INT.

Ben, Mahomes, Goff

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
In a 12 team ppr keeper league running since 2002 (we added keepers in 2006 and ppr in 2010) and I have a few decisions.

I have both Julio Jones and ODB. These are by far my best two players so I have to decide who to franchise. Pretty sure itll be odb.

And secondly the draft order was drawn today and I have the first pick. Draft is the day before opening game Wednesday.

Who do I take first overall?

Between the following non franchised players...

Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara, Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook.

I toyed with the idea of keeping Julio and ODB but Julio doesnt get enough TDs and if I wait til pick 24 and 25 in a keeper league to get a RB I'll be stuck with like the RB18 as my top back.

I'm leaning towards ODB and then either Hunt, kamara or Barkley. Who do I take?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
In a 12 team ppr keeper league running since 2002 (we added keepers in 2006 and ppr in 2010) and I have a few decisions.

I have both Julio Jones and ODB. These are by far my best two players so I have to decide who to franchise. Pretty sure itll be odb.

And secondly the draft order was drawn today and I have the first pick. Draft is the day before opening game Wednesday.

I toyed with the idea of keeping Julio and ODB but Julio doesnt get enough TDs and if I wait til pick 24 and 25 in a keeper league to get a RB I'll be stuck with like the RB18 as my top back.

Keep Beckham.

As for your pick, how long could you keep the guy?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Keep Beckham.

As for your pick, how long could you keep the guy?

Forever. I can franchise Barkley or whatever RB the next decade if I wanted...no lost draft pick, no time limit on keepers. Which is why I'm leaning towards Barkley...a true workhorse stud RB will never be available after their rookie season because those guys are always franchised.

So if Barkley truly is the next superstar RB this is my only chance at getting him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Forever. I can franchise Barkley or whatever RB the next decade if I wanted...no lost draft pick, no time limit on keepers. Which is why I'm leaning towards Barkley...a true workhorse stud RB will never be available after their rookie season because those guys are always franchised.

So if Barkley truly is the next superstar RB this is my only chance at getting him.

It's a keep one league then?

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB

I picked Barkley over Kamara in redraft, so here I would definitely go Barkley.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It's a keep one league then?

Yes. You keep one player each year. Doesnt matter who, you dont lose any draft picks and you can keep them as long as you want. Someone had AP nearly his whole prime. The past few years I have franchised Julio Jones and was able to take ODB this past year at fifth overall in my draft (17th counting keepers). So when odb got lost for the year I kept him on my roster for franchise purposes.

Since I finished with the top pick I want to look for a player who has the potential to be a better long term keeper over ODB. I love ODB and have him as a WR2-3 but I would gladly take an workhorse RB1-5 over a top 3WR. There are so few 3 down backs and Barkley is so tempting.

When the draft lotto was done and I got first pick and started looking at the keeper list my initial gut was take Kamara, then Kareem Hunt before going back to Barkley. I didnt want to take him because of already having ODB but I dont expect the giants to be as bad.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yes. You keep one player each year. Doesnt matter who, you dont lose any draft picks and you can keep them as long as you want. Someone had AP nearly his whole prime. The past few years I have franchised Julio Jones and was able to take ODB this past year at fifth overall in my draft (17th counting keepers). So when odb got lost for the year I kept him on my roster for franchise purposes.

Since I finished with the top pick I want to look for a player who has the potential to be a better long term keeper over ODB. I love ODB and have him as a WR2-3 but I would gladly take an workhorse RB1-5 over a top 3WR. There are so few 3 down backs and Barkley is so tempting.

When the draft lotto was done and I got first pick and started looking at the keeper list my initial gut was take Kamara, then Kareem Hunt before going back to Barkley. I didnt want to take him because of already having ODB but I dont expect the giants to be as bad.

I'd draft Barkley then.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am screwed in one league. I only had three running backs on my roster... Devonta Freeman, Jerick McKinnon and Chris Thompson. McKinnon is now out for the year. It is impossible to trade for a running back in this league since people value them so much. Honestly, after being in this league for a few years, I've learned that the best way to get a decent running back is either getting lucky on the waiver wire or just flat out tanking. I frown upon tanking. Besides, my team isn't bad enough to tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad