2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I know A LOT will change between now and when I actually draft, but I've started doing some mocks and not sure how I should approach the first couple picks in my 10-team league.

I have the 8th pick, PPR... based on rankings, I've usually been left with Hopkins/OBJ at 8 and then Thomas/Allen at 13. Based on the huge fall-off in RB talent after the first couple rounds, I'd prefer to get a top guy early instead of going WR/WR.

Any thoughts on "reaching" for Melvin Gordon at 8 and passing over a DeAndre or OBJ and getting a Thomas/Allen as my WR1 in round 2?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I know A LOT will change between now and when I actually draft, but I've started doing some mocks and not sure how I should approach the first couple picks in my 10-team league.

I have the 8th pick, PPR... based on rankings, I've usually been left with Hopkins/OBJ at 8 and then Thomas/Allen at 13. Based on the huge fall-off in RB talent after the first couple rounds, I'd prefer to get a top guy early instead of going WR/WR.

Any thoughts on "reaching" for Melvin Gordon at 8 and passing over a DeAndre or OBJ and getting a Thomas/Allen as my WR1 in round 2?

I know that volume is very important, and Gordon should get a ton of touches. But I don't think he's that great of a back. I hardly play in one year leagues anymore, so I'd have to do some research in order to help you out.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I'd rather pick OBJ/Hopkins at #8 and then "reach" for your RB in the 2nd round. One of Cook, Hunt, Fournette or Gordon will be there at #13 and then you don't need to reach at all.

Reactions: Shattenhurts

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
In a keeper league can keep up to 5 players. gonna end up with the 3rd OA. Really really really want Guice. Is there any way i can get lucky and the guy at 2 is a moron and picks one of chubb or michel?

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
I think it's more likely that if the person passes on Guice, it'll be Penny.

Took care of it. I swung a trade. Swapped my 3oa and my 4th round pick for the 2oa.

As a skins fan i havnt been this excited about a RB in ever. So ill gladly pay the price for Guice as i think hes gonna be the 2nd best rb out of this draft not to far from Barkley.

Being its a keeper league ill take the STUD rb for years for a 4th round pick.

Funny part is i was willing to give up my 3rd :)

plus with mixon and hopkins as my keepers i got a good core of skill players setup for this season and moving forward

Last edited:
Reactions: m9

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Guice is still there in one of my dynasties. We're up to pick 5. I'm desperately trying to trade up for him.

Edit: I have Hunt, Kamara and Fournette already, but I feel like the value is too good to pass up for Guice if I can get him.

Last edited:

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Guice is still there in one of my dynasties. We're up to pick 5. I'm desperately trying to trade up for him.

Edit: I have Hunt, Kamara and Fournette already, but I feel like the value is too good to pass up for Guice if I can get him.

Im a massive skins fan and the reports coming out of camp are hes by far the best rb the skins have had since portis. The issues regarding his attitude that were reported during the draft are all BS. He has quickly become a fan favorite has been the last player off the field signing autographs and in meetings. Kids gonna be a stud and could be the ROY because he has a better line then barkley does at the moment.

If your in a keeper league this is a guy you draft and keep for the next 4-5 years

and how is he still there at 5? i had him no worse then 3 and after a poll in the guys in my league hes a top 3 pick. besides barkley who else went ahead of him? im curious

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Im a massive skins fan and the reports coming out of camp are hes by far the best rb the skins have had since portis. The issues regarding his attitude that were reported during the draft are all BS. He has quickly become a fan favorite has been the last player off the field signing autographs and in meetings. Kids gonna be a stud and could be the ROY because he has a better line then barkley does at the moment.

If your in a keeper league this is a guy you draft and keep for the next 4-5 years

and how is he still there at 5? i had him no worse then 3 and after a poll in the guys in my league hes a top 3 pick. besides barkley who else went ahead of him? im curious

1. Barkley
2. Penny
3. Michel
4. Jones

The guy said that he probably won't trade it. Ugh.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
i could see penny i question michel and jones over Guice.

I might be biased as a skins fan though

as soon as the trade got confirmed and approved by the commish i shouted in my office i got looks from the coworkers

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
i could see penny i question michel and jones over Guice.

I might be biased as a skins fan though

as soon as the trade got confirmed and approved by the commish i shouted in my office i got looks from the coworkers

Here's what I have:

1. Barkley (obviously)
2. Guice
3. Penny
4. Jones
5. Michel
6. Johnson
7. Moore
8. Sutton
9. Ridley
10. Freeman
11. Gallup
12. Chubb

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Assuming nothing changes, my league will once again be a 10 team non ppr (basic 1 year league, no keepers, etc.).

My question is, draft wise, when is the best time to try and snag one of the top few TE’s (since there aren’t very many) and defenses.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I have Chubb at #4 overall behind Barkley, Guice, and Penny.

Superflex is a bit different though. I am in a league where Barkley went 1st then picks 2-5 were QBs.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Assuming nothing changes, my league will once again be a 10 team non ppr (basic 1 year league, no keepers, etc.).

My question is, draft wise, when is the best time to try and snag one of the top few TE’s (since there aren’t very many) and defenses.

Don't worry about a defense - draft one late.

Hard to say on TE, it just depends how the draft falls. Just look for value.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
what position you pick in?

8th.

Yeah, with the tight end thing (and with drafting in general), I don't zone in on one particular player. It depends on the flow of the draft. As for the defense thing, I always draft one in the second to last round regardless of if there are really really good ones.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
you give up your 8th pick as well?

Regardless its a good deal zeke and guice is a good pairing on a keeper/dynasty league

Nope, I kept 8th.

I was hoping that Moore would fall one more pick after I took Guice at #6, but he was taken at #7. I ended up taking Sutton 8th even though I have Johnson ranked ahead of him.

RB depth chart (we can start two plus two flex and a superflex):

Elliott
Hunt
Fournette
Guice
Mack
Collins
Duke Johnson
Hyde

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I ended up getting Moore at #10 in my 12 team dynasty and got Gallup at #22. Not bad.

I knew at 10 I'd probably have to go WR but was surprised to see Moore there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad