2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not sure how it's even possible to build that team in a 12 team league, unless the other 11 teams don't know what they're doing
Would obviously be some sort of Dynasty/Rookie draft league. But yeah, 6 guys who make it into a lot of leagues 1st rounds is silly. Lucky Fella. Could legit have #1-2 RB and a #5 RB, and #1-3 WR and #1TE :laugh: Jealous.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
For this year or in a dynasty?
Keeper sorry, we are 11 in a 4 keepers league and I keep OBJ Fournette T.Coleman and L.Miller. I wanna grab a rookie RB and then go WR in round 2-3. I’m looking at Freeman since he has the lesser competition for his spot

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
Not sure how it's even possible to build that team in a 12 team league, unless the other 11 teams don't know what they're doing

It's possible. I've got a stacked team in a 12 team dynasty by hitting on almost all my draft picks and having some foresight in the inaugural draft. I wouldn't say all 11 other teams don't know what they're doing but a few of them have made some head scratching moves over the years, while my team is almost entirely home grown.

I got OBJ and Davante Adams the first year.

Drafted Kamara and David Johnson at 1.12 and 2.12 in their respected rookie drafts.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Freeman, Penny, Michel, Johnson, Jones.

I would have put Michel 2nd if it wasnt for his injury.

Well it looks like Penny broke his finger so I would just drop him below Johnson at this point lol.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Kinda nervous for my draft. Mainly because most of the people in it are from work and are super unpredictable because most had never played fantasy up until last year :laugh:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm going into next season of my keeper league sitting pretty after winning last season... Gurley will be my 1st round pick and Kamara will be my 13th round pick. Looking pretty good as of now. Can't imagine anyone will have a better RB combo in my league unless there's another Kamara next season.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Kinda nervous for my draft. Mainly because most of the people in it are from work and are super unpredictable because most had never played fantasy up until last year :laugh:

That probably means they'll just stick to the pre-draft rankings.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
A guy offer me Thielen and a 7th pick for Lamar Miller should I say yes and keep him as my 4th keeper? OBJ Fournette T Coleman Thielen and draft one of penny michel freeman johnson at 5th overall?

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
A guy offer me Thielen and a 7th pick for Lamar Miller should I say yes and keep him as my 4th keeper? OBJ Fournette T Coleman Thielen and draft one of penny michel freeman johnson at 5th overall?
ohhhhhhh yesssssssssss

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Is it just me, or is this a bit of a down year for sleepers?

My primary target for later rounds has been Geronimo Allison, but I think his ADP is rising.

For RB, I think it's Ronald Jones for me, but I'm thinking of targeting Spencer Ware too. I think he's been forgotten in KC and is the ultimate handcuff who should also see a fair share of playing time as well.

TE is a gong show, as per usual, but Vance McDonald is going undrafted and I think he'll be a good streaming option. Might be the guy to draft and see how he does week 1.

In all, I think the sleepers are really WR heavy this year.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I pick 6th in a one year league that starts 2 QBs, 3 RBs and 4 WRs. Should I still go QB in the first round even though there are more RBs and WRs than in standard leagues? There are no flex spots.

Edit: Half a point per reception

Edit 2: The scoring for team defenses is ridiculous, and we start two. 26 team defenses had more points than Gurley, who was the highest scoring offensive player. It is a 10 team league.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Is it just me, or is this a bit of a down year for sleepers?

My primary target for later rounds has been Geronimo Allison, but I think his ADP is rising.

For RB, I think it's Ronald Jones for me, but I'm thinking of targeting Spencer Ware too. I think he's been forgotten in KC and is the ultimate handcuff who should also see a fair share of playing time as well.

TE is a gong show, as per usual, but Vance McDonald is going undrafted and I think he'll be a good streaming option. Might be the guy to draft and see how he does week 1.

In all, I think the sleepers are really WR heavy this year.

I agree - not much for sleepers this year.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I pick 6th in a one year league that starts 2 QBs, 3 RBs and 4 WRs. Should I still go QB in the first round even though there are more RBs and WRs than in standard leagues? There are no flex spots.

Edit: Half a point per reception

Edit 2: The scoring for team defenses is ridiculous, and we start two. 26 team defenses had more points than Gurley, who was the highest scoring offensive player. It is a 10 team league.

I wouldn't. I'd try to fill 2-3 RB's then get older veteran QB's that nobody likes once the first dozen guys are off the board. Rivers, Smith, Flacco, Manning, etc. One-year 2QB leagues are perfect for those kind of QB's.

Edit: That team defense scoring is embarrassing. I take back my previous paragraph, I would just quit the league if they don't change that scoring.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't. I'd try to fill 2-3 RB's then get older veteran QB's that nobody likes once the first dozen guys are off the board. Rivers, Smith, Flacco, Manning, etc. One-year 2QB leagues are perfect for those kind of QB's.

Edit: That team defense scoring is embarrassing. I take back my previous paragraph, I would just quit the league if they don't change that scoring.

Yeah, the team defense thing is ridiculous. I don't want to quit though since a few friends are in it.

And thanks. I'll see who is there once my pick rolls around. We're doing a slow draft.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Got the 9th pick in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league. Just looking at some rankings and considering how my league usually drafts, it's looking like a tough spot. Would love to know what kind of strategy others would use in this situation. Just go BPA based on my ranking and possibly end up with no RBs through the first two rounds? Reach for a RB in the 1st round? Reach for a RB in the 2nd round? My options based on my ranking and who will likely be available is probably something like this for picks 9 and 16:

9: D. Hopkins, OBJ, or J. Jones
16: K. Allen, D. Adams, AJ Green, or Gronk

9: D. Cook, M. Gordon, or K. Hunt

16: D. Freeman, C. McCaffrey, or J. McKinnon

If I don't take a RB with either of those picks then I'm probably looking at someone like L. McCoy or J. Ajayi as my RB1.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
BPA in Round 1. Grab Gordon, Fournette, or McCaffrey in Round 2. I actually have Mixon in that group too, but most don't.

Reactions: Avs_19

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Got the 9th pick in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league. Just looking at some rankings and considering how my league usually drafts, it's looking like a tough spot. Would love to know what kind of strategy others would use in this situation. Just go BPA based on my ranking and possibly end up with no RBs through the first two rounds? Reach for a RB in the 1st round? Reach for a RB in the 2nd round? My options based on my ranking and who will likely be available is probably something like this for picks 9 and 16:

9: D. Cook, M. Gordon, or K. Hunt

16: D. Freeman, C. McCaffrey, or J. McKinnon

If I don't take a RB with either of those picks then I'm probably looking at someone like L. McCoy or J. Ajayi as my RB1.

I usually go BPA.

BPA in Round 1. Grab Gordon, Fournette, or McCaffrey in Round 2. I actually have Mixon in that group too, but most don't.

I would bet that Gordon is gone by pick 16. I got Fournette 15th in a draft that is .5 per reception, but it is only a 10 team league. It'll be close with Fournette. I think there's a decent chance that Cook is there at 16. I feel like 16 is way too early for McCaffrey and Mixon.

Reactions: Avs_19 and Maitz

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If McCaffrey is sitting there at 16 in a half point PPR I think you have to go with him. He's going to be a treat to watch this year and will really rack up the receptions.

Regardless of who you grab, because of how shallow RB is this year I think you're almost forced to go RB at (at least) one of your two picks. Honestly, I would personally love to go Gordon/Hunt and Cook/McCaffrey at your picks, if those guys are still available.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If McCaffrey is sitting there at 16 in a half point PPR I think you have to go with him. He's going to be a treat to watch this year and will really rack up the receptions.

Regardless of who you grab, because of how shallow RB is this year I think you're almost forced to go RB at (at least) one of your two picks. Honestly, I would personally love to go Gordon/Hunt and Cook/McCaffrey at your picks, if those guys are still available.

I 100% agree with this. It's important to get one RB with your first two picks. There is also excellent WR depth in rounds 3/4, so you don't want to start your draft WR/WR and be forced into a RB in Round 3.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't hink think there's much chance at any of the 2nd group of RB's (Gordon/Fournette/Cook/Hunt) being there at 16 in 95% of drafts.

I drafted from 9 and ended up with Barkley/M. Thomas, which was more than I could ask for. It seems the turn from 10-15 in a 12 team is dominated by RB's.

10. Jones
11. Hunt
12. Gordon
13. Fournette
14. Cook
15. Allen

I think those 4 RB's's are generally going to go in they range somewhere. Though Thomas usually would slip in there somewhere.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I think I'm the only person who doesn't want anything to do with Julio at his ADP.

I feel like the last couple years he's been woefully average most games but then busts out one or two insane games, so at the end of the year he's ranked as a top 10 WR, but for 12 games he was a middling WR2 for you.

For a late 1st or early 2nd pick, I think there's better value to be had.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think I'm the only person who doesn't want anything to do with Julio at his ADP.

I feel like the last couple years he's been woefully average most games but then busts out one or two insane games, so at the end of the year he's ranked as a top 10 WR, but for 12 games he was a middling WR2 for you.

For a late 1st or early 2nd pick, I think there's better value to be had.

He's got to score more than three touchdowns though, right?

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Appreciate all the feedback. Yeah, in all likelihood none of Cook, Gordon, Hunt, or Fournette will be available at 16 but I have to take a RB with one of those picks. It's probably going to come down to D. Hopkins and C. McCaffrey or D. Cook and K. Allen.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Appreciate all the feedback. Yeah, in all likelihood none of Cook, Gordon, Hunt, or Fournette will be available at 16 but I have to take a RB with one of those picks. It's probably going to come down to D. Hopkins and C. McCaffrey or D. Cook and K. Allen.

I'd rank those guys:

1. Gordon
2. Hunt
3. Fournette
4. Cook
5. McCaffrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad