2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Appreciate all the feedback. Yeah, in all likelihood none of Cook, Gordon, Hunt, or Fournette will be available at 16 but I have to take a RB with one of those picks. It's probably going to come down to D. Hopkins and C. McCaffrey or D. Cook and K. Allen.

I prefer that first option, although it's a tricky choice all the way around. I'm going to end up with a similar dilemma in a league where I draft fourth and we have one keeper (K Hunt). It's possible that D Johnson, OBJ and D Hopkins will all be available. I'm tempted to take DJ and then take 3-4 receivers over the next few rounds, but...

It feels to me like there's a top tier of 7-9 receivers and then then next 20 or so are interchangable. Whereas RB feels deeper to me than any season in recent memory. So I'm tempted to want to make sure I get a top WR with my first pick.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
12 team 3 keeper league. My 3 keepers are K. Hunt, D. Cook, & C. Wentz. I traded my 1st rd pick last year gunning for the title. I do have three 4th rd and two 5th rd picks. Thinking wr and another rb at my 2nd and 3rd rd picks then use all those other ones on high upside Wr and a TE.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
12 team 3 keeper league. My 3 keepers are K. Hunt, D. Cook, & C. Wentz. I traded my 1st rd pick last year gunning for the title. I do have three 4th rd and two 5th rd picks. Thinking wr and another rb at my 2nd and 3rd rd picks then use all those other ones on high upside Wr and a TE.
i probably wouldn't keep wentz, but i guess it depends on your league settings. surely you have someone better to keep?

Reactions: m9

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
QB get a lot of points in our league. Lots of bonus points which I hate. My other options would be Tyreek Hill, Demarius Thomas or Evan Engram.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Unkess it's a 2QB or Superflex, you probably should keep Hill over Wentz.

Reactions: klamla

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Following up on my earlier post, I'm drafting at 4 in a one-keeper league where I'm keeping Hunt. Antonio Brown will go first (he couldn't be kept this year, I'm not going into detail), and Julio, Hopkins, OBJ and David Johnson will be waiting for the next handful of drafters.

I really like Hopkins, and I think I'd end up with a McCaffery or maybe even Freeman with my next. Or I could scoop up DJ and have a dominant RB tandem and then load up on next-tier receivers, starting maybe with a guy like Baldwin or Diggs.

Preferences? Hopkins + McCaffery/Freeman or DJ + Baldwin/Diggs to go with Hunt.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Following up on my earlier post, I'm drafting at 4 in a one-keeper league where I'm keeping Hunt. Antonio Brown will go first (he couldn't be kept this year, I'm not going into detail), and Julio, Hopkins, OBJ and David Johnson will be waiting for the next handful of drafters.

I really like Hopkins, and I think I'd end up with a McCaffery or maybe even Freeman with my next. Or I could scoop up DJ and have a dominant RB tandem and then load up on next-tier receivers, starting maybe with a guy like Baldwin or Diggs.

Can you start 3 RB? If so, DJ and McCaffrey.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Interesting. I would draft both RBs and then trade Hunt for a top-tier WR, but if that can't be done it's a tough call.

It could be done and that's an interesting strategy. My issue is the way I'm perceiving the WRs. It looks deep to me but really thin at the top, with only about 7-9 elite players and then a big batch of guys for the next 20 or so.

If I picked the right three WRs, I could go 2-3 at RB (to go with a RB keeper) and look for a trade...

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
QBs generally get the most points though. How many do you start?

I love Hill this year.
We only start one. We get bonu 2points for 200 yards, 4 points for 300 yards. 2 points for any pass over 40 yards. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Cousins, Wilson, Rothisberger, Watson, Ryan, and Goff are all being kept I believe. I probably will keep Hill over Wentz now that I think about it. Someone like Newton or Jimmy G will probably be available in the 3rd or 4th rd.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It could be done and that's an interesting strategy. My issue is the way I'm perceiving the WRs. It looks deep to me but really thin at the top, with only about 7-9 elite players and then a big batch of guys for the next 20 or so.

If I picked the right three WRs, I could go 2-3 at RB (to go with a RB keeper) and look for a trade...

The problem to me is that guys like Diggs or Baldwin are way below someone like McCaffrey, so you're reaching if you do it that way. I also think DJ is a tier above the wide receivers, so either way you go it's a reach.

If you draft DJ, keep Hunt, then draft McCaffrey someone will be short a RB and you will be able to trade one for a guy in that tier.

Do you think there's a good chance that DJ goes before you pick anyway? I would pick him top 3 for sure. In that case, there's nothing to really figure out.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
We only start one. We get bonu 2points for 200 yards, 4 points for 300 yards. 2 points for any pass over 40 yards. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Cousins, Wilson, Rothisberger, Watson, Ryan, and Goff are all being kept I believe. I probably will keep Hill over Wentz now that I think about it. Someone like Newton or Jimmy G will probably be available in the 3rd or 4th rd.

The bonuses make it interesting, but I still think Hill is easily the way to go.

I don't understand why someone would waste a keeper spot on some of those other QB's. Very strange.

I actually kind of like Mahomes under that bonus format. Draft him late and stack him with Hill - you'll have a few huge weeks.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The problem to me is that guys like Diggs or Baldwin are way below someone like McCaffrey, so you're reaching if you do it that way. I also think DJ is a tier above the wide receivers, so either way you go it's a reach.

If you draft DJ, keep Hunt, then draft McCaffrey someone will be short a RB and you will be able to trade one for a guy in that tier.

Do you think there's a good chance that DJ goes before you pick anyway? I would pick him top 3 for sure. In that case, there's nothing to really figure out.

Two of the three owners drafting ahead of me also kept RBs. One is a QB, so that’s the likely spot for DJ. Just imagining what-ifs.

Thanks.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I think Hill is the right call.

Reactions: klamla

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

If DJ is available, you have to take him.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Following up... would anyone consider drafting Keenan Allen or Michael Thomas ahead of Julio Jones at the aforementioned 4th slot, presuming those players are available? I have Hopkins ranked above all three and would probably take him if he's available.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Following up... would anyone consider drafting Keenan Allen or Michael Thomas ahead of Julio Jones at the aforementioned 4th slot, presuming those players are available? I have Hopkins ranked above all three and would probably take him if he's available.

I value consistency, so would definitely take Thomas over Jones. I'm particularly high on Thomas though (honestly he might be my WR3) so take that with a grain of salt :laugh:

I think you're right on Hopkins as well, I definitely have him over anyone not named AB.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
QBs generally get the most points though. How many do you start?

I love Hill this year.

I dont, he basically needed a MVP career season from Alex Smith to finish as a WR1. I have my doubts he can keep producing on such a low target total, especially with a rookie QB and Watkins now there.

I value consistency, so would definitely take Thomas over Jones. I'm particularly high on Thomas though (honestly he might be my WR3) so take that with a grain of salt :laugh:

I think you're right on Hopkins as well, I definitely have him over anyone not named AB.

Im probably alone in this but I would take Thomas over Hopkins, Allen and Julio.

Last edited:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
In a non-ppr dynasty league I offered:

Keenan Allen and Amari Cooper for OBJ and Clement.

He said it was a good offer but was wondering if I’d want Antonio Brown instead.

Would you trade Allen/Cooper for Brown/Tevin Coleman? That’s the offer I was thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad