2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So McKinnon getting hurt has really ****ed me, as I've had to pick up and start Bilal Powell.. I'm deep at WR (Evans, Landry, Cooks, Funchess, Hurns, Anthony Miller) and may look to trade one. Any input on which particular guy I should look to trade and who to target?

I would cut Hurns and trade Cooks. I don't like Cooks this year.

What do I make of Conner? Does he catch and will Pitt use him plenty? Don't know anything about the guys talent

He can catch, yes. He'll be a top 15ish option if Bell is out.

Reactions: Beauner

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hurns is an easy drop to add a RB with some upside. From there, moving Cooks for a RB2 is probably what I would do.
Unfortunately this is a 12 team league with a massive bench so there really isn't many available RBs besides handcuffs. Powell was literally the best back available.

Edit: thoughts on a Cooks for Mixon swap? Mixon owner is fairly deep at RB with Cook and McCaffrey as well

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Unfortunately this is a 12 team league with a massive bench so there really isn't many available RBs besides handcuffs. Powell was literally the best back available.

Edit: thoughts on a Cooks for Mixon swap? Mixon owner is fairly deep at RB with Cook and McCaffrey as well

I would do Cooks for Mixon in a second, though I doubt the other guy does.

And I would take my chances with a handcuff (Rod Smith, Chase Edmonds) or someone like that who would be a starter if there was an injury over Hurns.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I would do Cooks for Mixon in a second, though I doubt the other guy does.

And I would take my chances with a handcuff (Rod Smith, Chase Edmonds) or someone like that who would be a starter if there was an injury over Hurns.
Cool, thanks. Didn't realize Mixon was that valuable but I'll throw it out there

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Gents, I got offered a trade of Andrew Luck for Philip Rivers. Do I take that? I feel abit concerned that it was offered. I also have Kurt Cousins

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Gents, I got offered a trade of Andrew Luck for Philip Rivers. Do I take that? I feel abit concerned that it was offered. I also have Kurt Cousins

Depends on how you like to play the game. Rivers is as consistent as they come from a QB perspective. You'er gonna get production every week. But Luck has elite upside.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Gotcha thanks guys. I guess I am abit higher on Luck, but Philip Rivers is pretty Fantasy underrated in general.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I have Bell in a Standard 10 team Yahoo Default league. My other RBs are Royce Freeman, Rex Burkhead, and Karryon Johnson. My WRs are Theilen, Hogan, Woods, and Golladay. Should I think about trading Bell or hold off and see what happens in the next week.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
I have Bell in a Standard 10 team Yahoo Default league. My other RBs are Royce Freeman, Rex Burkhead, and Karryon Johnson. My WRs are Theilen, Hogan, Woods, and Golladay. Should I think about trading Bell or hold off and see what happens in the next week.
you knew this could happen when you drafted him. i think you have to hold onto him and hope for the best. unfortunately i think thats the reality - whatever you get back likely isnt going to be good enough to justify it, unless someone offers something close to value

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
you knew this could happen when you drafted him. i think you have to hold onto him and hope for the best. unfortunately i think thats the reality - whatever you get back likely isnt going to be good enough to justify it, unless someone offers something close to value

Yeah. The thing is Bell is that kind of player where If he's available, you grab him because he won't be available when you pick again, unless you are in one of the end spots.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

You have to hang onto him. As mentioned, you won't get fair value in return, and if he does come back, then you're screwed if you decided to trade him.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
DeSean Jackson and Ted Ginn are available in my league. Have there been any updates on DJ’s health yet? And which one of (if any) Garçon, Goodwin, or Fuller would you drop for either one. Or should I just stand pat? My other receivers are Brown, Thielen, and Woods, start 2 and 1 flex spot

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
DeSean Jackson and Ted Ginn are available in my league. Have there been any updates on DJ’s health yet? And which one of (if any) Garçon, Goodwin, or Fuller would you drop for either one. Or should I just stand pat? My other receivers are Brown, Thielen, and Woods, start 2 and 1 flex spot

I would probably drop Garcon anyway (or Goodwin if he's hurt) and just pickup a depth RB. No need to have 6 WR's on a roster where you start 2.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I would probably drop Garcon anyway (or Goodwin if he's hurt) and just pickup a depth RB. No need to have 6 WR's on a roster where you start 2.
Thanks for the input. I put in a waiver claim for TJ Yeldon with Fournette going out. James White was the only other decent back available. Would I be better off going after him? I have Michel already.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
looks like olsen will be out a while again

which TE should i pick up off waivers? there's james, ASJ, and ebron. eifert is my other TE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad