Speculation: 2018 Root for the Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Its very hard to not beat Ottawa, even for us.
Just dont tty too hard fot 1 game. Let them take it to overtime, we are quite good at losing in Overtime. And even if we win then, its just 1 point differencd. Winning in regulation may end up being terrible for us. Trouble is Ottawa are probably are on the same page as I am with their sleazy owner who will have to replace Karlsson soon...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
So absolute worst case scenario is 4th from bottom, where we could pick as low as 7th.

Realistic worst case scenario is 2nd, lowest pick 5th.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
So absolute worst case scenario is 4th from bottom, where we could pick as low as 7th.

Realistic worst case scenario is 2nd, lowest pick 5th.
Pick 5 gets you Hughes of Boqvist. Even pick 7 will get you Dobson, Hughes or Bouchard

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Boqvist/Tkachuk
Hughes/Boqvist/Tkachuk/Dobson

Last edited:

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Sens are sitting Karlsson for the last 3 games and have called up an AHL goaltender.
Well played.
So we crush them tomorrow and then lose the last 2 games?? Done. :)

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Part of me still finds it absolutely stunning that Tim Murray's contention core is DFL. And some people still want to move forward with it.

Moreso than the marginal odds on Dahlin, I wonder if a DFL finish gives Botterill the green light to dismantle.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Part of me still finds it absolutely stunning that Tim Murray's contention core is DFL. And some people still want to move forward with it.

Moreso than the marginal odds on Dahlin, I wonder if a DFL finish gives Botterill the green light to dismantle.

Ya I’m not sure why everyone is married to some of these core players, I’d be fine with trading pretty much any of them if the deal was right.

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Ya I’m not sure why everyone is married to this core of players, I’d be fine with trading pretty much any of them if the deal was right.
Because we originally tanked to get younger, not sell them only to get older because your impatient on a scorched earth rebuild.

Toronto didnt scorch earth so judging their rebuild was more like a retool.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Because we originally tanked to get younger, not sell them only to get older because your impatient on a scorched earth rebuild.

Toronto didnt scorch earth so judging their rebuild was more like a retool.

Who said anything about getting older?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Who said anything about getting older?
So you want to make lateral trades with the core? Not sure how that would help anyone except the other team.

I can think of 10 other players to trade before trading the core because of what? They have no supporting cast around them to help make the playoffs?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
So you want to make lateral trades with the core? Not sure how that would help anyone except the other team.

I can think of 10 other players to trade before trading the core because of what? They have no supporting cast around them to help make the playoffs?

No, because the core is garbage.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

I’ll gladly make “lateral trades” to get some guys in from different organizations and shake things up. All our core has ever known is losing.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
With Montreal in OT we can officially finish no better than 29th and draft no lower than 6th.

One of Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Hughes, Boqvist or Tkachuk will be a Sabre.

Arizona up 3-1 in the second. If they win we can draft no lower than 5.

Reactions: ek93

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
No, because the core is garbage.
Really? They all look like the top 5 scorers on this team so the core isnt the problem. Your emotions over a season where you shoulda known we were gonna be bad is clouding your judgement.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I’ll gladly make “lateral trades” to get some guys in from different organizations and shake things up. All our core has ever known is losing.
Like I said in the previous post. Our core is all in the top 5 of scorers on this team. Do you really think they don't mind losing? I think the problem lies with Girgensons/Larsson and a few others who can move before shaking up the core.

Out of the core only Risto was aroubd for the days where fans were alright with losing. Reinhart/Eichel nor O'Reilly where here yet. So like I said, the problem is not the core.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m comfortable with the top 5 guarantee especially given the odds against drafting 1 no matter where we are and the guys I rate about the same from 3-6.

Comfortable enough that I’m not going to sweat the Sens massive tank rolling over us tomorrow and ending up last in the end.

Maybe the lotto gods will reward my virtue this time.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Great success gang. Thats all I wanted some months back when we started tank discussions. Top4 lock will be a bonus if we can outtank Ottawa.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Top 5 pick locked up, between us and the Sens for last place. We're in a really good spot. If we win one of the top 2 picks, the pick is obvious. From 3-5 we will have our choice of a few elite defensive prospects.

High chance one of these 5 guys is going to be a Sabre

1.) Dahlin
2.) Svech
3.) Boqvist
4.) Hughes
5.) Dobson

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
We have to beat Ottawa and get a point vs Tampa or Florida. No chance vs Tampa with them going for top seed. Florida may still have a shot at 8th if Philly and NJ lose their next game. So a top 4 pick is likely.

That said, I'm excited if we get Dahlin, Boqvist, or Hughes. Dahlin could have instant impact, Boqvist and Hughes maybe a year away, but could similar players.

We had to suffer through this season but it will be all worth it. Honestly I didn't suffer this year. I checked out back in late October. I saw the writing on the wall. All I wanted this year was to add an elite D prospect to the system and I see that happening now. Changes our future dramatically.

Last edited:

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
We have to beat Ottawa and get a point vs Tampa or Florida. No chance vs Tampa with them going for top seed. Florida may still have a shot at 8th if Philly and NJ lose their next game. So a top 4 pick is likely.

That said, I'm excited if we get Dahlin, Boqvist, or Hughes. Dahlin could have instant impact, Boqvist and Hughes maybe a year away, but could similar players.

We had to suffer through this season but it will be all worth it. Honestly I didn't suffer this year. I checked out back in late October. I saw the writing on the wall. All I wanted this year was to add an elite D prospect to the system and I see that happening now. Changes our future dramatically.
I will take OT win tonight. Would mean we are 2 behind Ottawa and then we can absorb any other loser points we may acquire in last 2 games. Unfortunately we Will have the tie breaker on them if we finish with even points and Ottawa will be last. I just hope we dont win clean as if we do then even 1 loser point in last two games makes us 30th and not 31st. I doubt Ottawa gets any other points without Karlsson and going away to PIT and BOS.

Reactions: Mitts888
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad