2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | BIATHLON | Feb 10th - 23rd

Oct 18, 2006
The Boe brothers going well, Johannes Boe missed one on his first shoot, if he'd been clean he'd have a considerable lead. He's skiing extremely well.

Oct 18, 2006
Now Terjei Boe just throws away gold. Staggering stuff.

Samuelsson...your turn.

Johannes Boe might win with 2 misses if Samuelsson misses.

Oct 18, 2006
Fak with 20/20. He still has a chance to medal, too.
Yep, he looks likely bronze, pushing Fourcade out. So disappointed. Set it up perfectly and threw it away.

Nelin??? He just missed 3 and threw it away. Wow.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Yep, he looks likely bronze, pushing Fourcade out. So disappointed. Set it up perfectly and threw it away.

Nelin??? He just missed 3 and threw it away. Wow.
I really wonder what happened to Fourcade, though. Running his worst races on the biggest stage this season. Too much pressure perhaps? Or just a couple of used days?

Oct 18, 2006
I really wonder what happened to Fourcade, though. Running his worst races on the biggest stage this season. Too much pressure perhaps? Or just a couple of used days?
Really weird. I just can't believe that meltdown. 18/18. 2 targets remaining. Realistically one miss is fine as he'd built that lead. But missing the final two?! What sucks is that he'd raced to perfection, didn't over ski, paced himself and each time came into the range composed. Majority of his shots were dead centre, even in that last shoot.

Threw away gold. Simple as that. 8th in the sprint was a major surprise, but this is worse. Race perfectly only to throw it all away with 5 seconds of mental fragility.

Reactions: Eisen
Oct 18, 2006
Question? Who do you favour in the men's relay? Norway, Germany, France, someone else? Will be a heck of a race.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Question? Who do you favour in the men's relay? Norway, Germany, France, someone else? Will be a heck of a race.
With how the races are going I think Germany are the ones to beat in the women`s competition and Norway in men`s. After Germany (women) it`s wide open and I really don`t see a clear cut favourite. I wouldn`t be surprised if even Switzerland could medal. For men it should be among Norway, France and Germany. If everything goes as expected. But it`s the relay, and anything can happen.
I like what Sweden is doing these Olympics, too, either team.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
With how the races are going I think Germany are the ones to beat in the women`s competition and Norway in men`s. After Germany (women) it`s wide open and I really don`t see a clear cut favourite. I wouldn`t be surprised if even Switzerland could medal. For men it should be among Norway, France and Germany. If everything goes as expected. But it`s te relay, and anything can happen.
I like what Sweden is doing these Olympics, too, either team.
Good analysis, I like your thinking. I agree, Sweden have really shown some impressive signs here, some great results by their biathletes and have unearthed some future stars.

I think the men's race has the potential to be an all time classic, with the three gold medalists so far being from Germany, France, Norway.

The women's you'd definitely have to favour Germany. I like Belarus' potential for a medal too IF Domracheva can regain a bit of her ski speed.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Good analysis, I like your thinking. I agree, Sweden have really shown some impressive signs here, some great results by their biathletes and have unearthed some future stars.

I think the men's race has the potential to be an all time classic, with the three gold medalists so far being from Germany, France, Norway.

The women's you'd definitely have to favour Germany. I like Belarus' potential for a medal too IF Domracheva can regain a bit of her ski speed.
Domracheva looked good going into December and January. She should be fine. She peaked at the right time. Don`t know why it doesn`t translate. I didn`t hear an interview with her.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Öberg winning is labeled the biggest (positive) upset for Sweden in the history of Olympics. I think that is a bit unfair, it is not like Australia's Steven Bardbury who won in speed-skating when all ahead of him did crash. It is an upset, but she has shown that she can compete for a medal (i.e. bronze) before during this season, she has not just been a gold candidate.

Samuelsson showed spirit when he came in as third and was clearly upset (became 4 later on). He is still a junior and got the future ahead of him, the earlier silver medal has given him confidence.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Öberg winning is labeled the biggest (positive) upset for Sweden in the history of Olympics. I think that is a bit unfair, it is not like Australia's Steven Bardbury who won in speed-skating when all ahead of him did crash. It is an upset, but she has shown that she can compete for a medal (i.e. bronze) before during this season, she has not just been a gold candidate.

Samuelsson showed spirit when he came in as third and was clearly upset (became 4 later on). He is still a junior and got the future ahead of him, the earlier silver medal has given him confidence.
Some media like the superlative. It`s clearly not. It`s a surprise. Great race by her.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Actually nice weather. Surprising. Eckhoff does of course miss on her last shot in the first series. I must admit that is very annoying. They do that far to much. It's a classic, sadly.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I don`t know who will medal, but it`s not Dahlmeier. Lost over 4 seconds on the second lap and doesn`t hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad